CorporateGolfXtra 2024

View Poll Results: Who will be #1 on Monday?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Woods

14 51.85%
  • Singh

11 40.74%
  • Els

2 7.41%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar

Who will be #1 on Monday?

All Singh needs to do to wrest the No. 1 ranking in the world away from Woods is finish higher if both are in the top 10 or in a tie if they are outside that number at the NEC.

Do not forget that wining is what Woods has done best at Firestone Country Club. He won the first three NEC Invitationals and has never finished lower than fourth.

What’s your vote and why?
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

3 Iron ros_bif is on a distinguished road ros_bif's Avatar
    I think Tiger's performance at the NEC will be a reflection of his desire to be the best...he is now in a position where he is up against the wall, and needs to preform in order to keep his ranking...we all know he has the game to win, it's jsut a matter of wethere or not it's a priority anymore.

If tiger wants it, i think he can take it..i just don't know if he wants it..but we all know vijay does..so if tiger doesn't come on strong, vijay will walk away with it.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    You would think Tiger would play awesome this week, but he has tried for a while now to do so and sort of hasn't, I say VJ takes over #1.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

5 Wood golfmania is on a distinguished road
    Im gonna stick with Tiger. I think when he really feels it, he digs deep. I think he still wants #1.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Not Tiger!

He has tried his best the last few tounaments he has played in, but has come up short. I dont think this week will any different.

IMO, VJ ihas bee playing the best golf over the long haul and will be rewarded for his efforts this week.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Not Tiger!
    Ya, but you know, I'll bet hes reading this forum and hes saying to himself "Im going to prove that Steve Karam guy WRONG!"

If he was reading this I bet he would have called Butch a long time ago. I guess maybe he missed that post (or two) too.

At least with all his endorsements he's still NO.1 at the bank!!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    I hope Singh grabs #1 this week for two reasons:

First, he deserves it. I admit I am a Tiger fan but I will tip my hat to Vijay for his awesome season.

Second, this should shake up Tiger a bit knowing that is no longer the best although he isn’t the best for the last year or so.

I would love to see the big fore playing there best to see who really is the #1.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    I hope Singh grabs #1 this week for two reasons:

First, he deserves it. I admit I am a Tiger fan but I will tip my hat to Vijay for his awesome season.

Second, this should shake up Tiger a bit knowing that is no longer the best although he isn’t the best for the last year or so.

I would love to see the big fore playing there best to see who really is the #1.
    I agree. It would be vindication for all those years of practice and playing all over the place.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    It would be great to see a new #1, unfortunately this week I think Tiger will rise to the occasion. First round update VJ - 73, Tiger -3 2 holes remaining.

Always luv watching Tiger putting all the pieces into place. Getting Cink to go up by 5 on thursday is wonderfull strategy.

Thanks for making our weekend.

Singh is just trying to copy Tiger and come from behind. Unlike Tiger though I like his chances better.

looks liek tiger 'almost' had a good game...finishing up bogey bogey bogey kinda hurt him though ... lol

(although he is showing potential for this weekend)

Steve, steve, steve. Singh, +2. Woods, -2.

Care for a friendly wager? If Woods BEATS SINGH, you have to say, "YYAAA, Tiger. You're the best"...and thats it. If Singh beats Tiger, all Tiger fans have to do the same.

golfmania

I'm in for that one.

I've already done the :readheart Tiger :readheart

I've already done the :readheart Tiger :readheart
    hahahah....havent seen that...funny.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    My vote is Tiger, although he'll finish 2nd this weekend to Weir. I don't mind if Tiger loses just not to the "I'm so godd cuz I [play 3 times the tournaments as everyone else" Singh guy!!!!! Good season yes, best golfer in the world, no. Deserving tobe number one, inconclusive to me. Scoing average is Mickelson and Els, not Singh, I like Els. Let's go Weirsy & Woods!!!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

well it's still early, but weir and woods are off to much better starts than els and singh...

http://worldgolfchampionships.com/scoring/leaderboard/r

just not to the "I'm so godd cuz I [play 3 times the tournaments as everyone else" Singh guy!!!!! .
    You would think the Tiger-Lovers would want to see Tiger more than the 15-20 times a year you see him now. It's guys like VJ and those other players who play a full season on tour that keeps us coming back, not the Tigers who play only when it suits their needs.

ros_bif................ good thing there's no cut or we all loose Singh, Els and Mickelson in the fantasy pools.

You would think the Tiger-Lovers would want to see Tiger more than the 15-20 times a year you see him now. It's guys like VJ and those other players who play a full season on tour that keeps us coming back, not the Tigers who play only when it suits their needs.
    I wouldn't say I'm a "Tiger "lover", Im a golf lover, but i love watching him play well. His frequency I'll leave to him. Hes managing his career, as any professional should do.

The thing i don't like about Singh playing ALL the tournaments is that he plays in some of the tournaments that are near the end of the season, and that as a general rule, the top guys don't show to...

I don't like this, because it's nice to see some of the guys struggling to have a good chance at a prize...these are the tournaments that these guys wait all year for...having someoen like vijay show up prolly stings a little...just my 2 cents

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by ros_bif
    The thing i don't like about Singh playing ALL the tournaments is that he plays in some of the tournaments that are near the end of the season, and that as a general rule, the top guys don't show to...

I don't like this, because it's nice to see some of the guys struggling to have a good chance at a prize...these are the tournaments that these guys wait all year for...having someoen like vijay show up prolly stings a little...just my 2 cents
    Hey ONe of those late season tourneys is the Canadian Open. I want the best to show up. VJ is there year in and year out. That's why I like the guy.

Hey ONe of those late season tourneys is the Canadian Open. I want the best to show up. VJ is there year in and year out. That's why I like the guy.
    My point exactly

Side Note about Canadian Open...... also to be there with VJ are Weir, Ames, Verplank, Howell, Daily, Choi ............................... So it will have some of the best there and more.

6 Iron Keithsguy is on a distinguished road Keithsguy's Avatar
    There is only one thing I like about VJ - he appears to love the game and the competition and that to me is a true athlete. I respect the guy for going out there every week to win no matter what his status on the tour he is. The one thing that I do not like about this arrangement is people then start to believe the #1 money leader is the best player on the tour.

i never said not to show up to any of them...it's just that there are alot of late season events where you see a leader board full of new names, and Vijay...a tournament where all the other top players didn't show...then at the end of the day you see him holding a trophy...happened alot last year...he played alot of weak fields.. ipersonally don't respect that, and would, if in his position, step away from those events.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    I would have voted for myself, but it wasn't an option (will have to speak to the pollsters about this, as it happens far too often....... )

Doesn't look good for Singh and Els at the moment. I doubt Tiger will win, but he looks like he'll stay atop the ranking for another week.....

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

i never said not to show up to any of them...it's just that there are alot of late season events where you see a leader board full of new names, and Vijay...a tournament where all the other top players didn't show...then at the end of the day you see him holding a trophy...happened alot last year...he played alot of weak fields.. ipersonally don't respect that, and would, if in his position, step away from those events.
    Not to mention the whole asian tour controversy.

ros_bif................ good thing there's no cut or we all loose Singh, Els and Mickelson in the fantasy pools.
    My lack of focus made me miss my pick changes I wanted to make. As it stands, I have Cink, Haas, and Toms taking care of some business for me, but sadly I have a couple of non-players.... Maybe I'll get lucky for once!

Dan

It's professional golf. Shouldn't EVERY tournament have as many of the best players in the world as possible? If you like watching second-tier golf, tune into the Nationwide tour. To me, Vijay is smart for taking the easy millions where he can get them.

I'd like to see the PGA step in and set a minimum for tourneys per season barring injury. If you have the good fortune (and obviously skill) to hold a Tour card, it's kind of pompous not to use it. It'd be like Derek Jeter or Martin Brodeur saying "coach, I think I'll sit this one out. I just don't feel like playing today".

Dan

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    They must play 15 events.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    They must play 15 events.
    Well, in my humble opinion, unless that represents 3/4 of the events or more, it's not enough.

Dan

Thread Information