CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf Tips

5 Iron MikeL is on a distinguished road MikeL's Avatar

Golf Tips

Alright.. I understand taking lessons, practice and equipment is the way to go to improve your game, however, is there anyone that have some tips that helped bring their game to the next level? I'm looking for either books, websites, videos (online or DVD), or other suggestions.

For example, I found a post from Rezadue with a video that helped me a lot on chip and runs (thanks). The short game is not really a concern for me at the moment, I'm more concerned on my swing with long/mid irons, and woods.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    videojug was the site that I used to start my learning. Check it out...

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-...ect-golf-swing This guy that is in the video is great...

Perfect.. The videojug way

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    John Dunigan's book "Secret of the Golf Swing" is the best I've seen:

http://www.golfbetterproductions.com/

Big thanks to BC MIST for making people aware of John's stuff. I see the influence in a lot of Warren Grant's lesson materials too.

5 Wood Thom Panikorn is on a distinguished road
    Type in "Moe Norman" in your search and you will find the "simplest" way to hit a golf ball. Still the best system to learn in my opinion.

Thom

5 Iron MikeL is on a distinguished road MikeL's Avatar
    Thanks for all the great tips guys!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    John Dunigan's book "Secret of the Golf Swing" is the best I've seen:

http://www.golfbetterproductions.com/

Big thanks to BC MIST for making people aware of John's stuff. I see the influence in a lot of Warren Grant's lesson materials too.
    Glad it helped, and yes, Warren does emphasize a couple of John's concept.

Interestingly, John wants one to swing back "on plane," and down "on plane," but the two planes are different. Doing this allows the natural release of the leverage angles coming through without any conscious thought or compensation moves. There is often confusion as to what "on plane"really means and this causes "off line" shots.

Another brilliant source is "A Blueprint for Golf Excellence - Building a Swing You'll Never Forget," by Kevin McMullen kmcmullen@authenticgolf.net The ebook is a combination of the work of Paul Bertholy, modernized, and the work of Carey Mumford, whose book "Double Connexion" teaches you how to best learn your golf swing and how have this swing come out on the course without interference from outside sources. The challenge with Kevin's ideas is that you have to work daily on your swing through various "programmes," mostly without hitting golf balls and which can be done at home or office when time permits. While it is the best "book" I have seen for learning HOW to develop a sound swing, it may not be for those who may firmly believe in traditional teaching methods. (Leadbetter, McLean, Harmon, Golf Digest et al). Plus, it requires a lot of repetitions, in slow motion, and may not be for those who believe they can acquire a good swing in a short amount of time.

Thread Information