+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Perth G&CC

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar

Perth G&CC

Hey guys - going out to play Perth tomorrow in order to stroke off another one on my 'Bucket List' of courses in the area I have yet to play. Any inside scoop on conditions and course management would be appreciated.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Front nine is really short so you may as well put the driver away. The back nine is more modern and a tad longer.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The front 9 is the oldest golf course in Canada. Pretty cool.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Tx guys for the info. Looking forward to the fact that it is the oldest golf course in Canada! I had an oppportunity to play the L'isle d'Orleans Golf Club in Quebec City last week. It's a nine hole course on L'isle d'Orleans which is celebrating its 140th (Yikes!) Anniversary this year. $21 to play 18, short but in great shape. Not a lot of traps around but they obviously had horses and ploughs cause they sure moved a lot of dirt! Awkward lies but vista views down the St. Lawrence River. I'm sure that this one will give me the same feeling of playing over some 'hallowed' ground! tx again!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    A bit off topic, but Niagara-on-the-Lake Golf Course advertises itself as the oldest golf club in North America.

http://www.notlgolf.com/index.html

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Royal Montreal is an older club, but it has moved 3 times. Not sure what Niagara's spin on claiming to be oldest is.
    At over 100 years young, the original nine hole Links 0' Tay Golf Club holds the distinction of being the oldest golf club in one location in Canada.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Well, just back in from 18 in Perth. What a beautiful little course to play! Lush, lush and yeah, did I say lush! Very picturesque with greens punched but filled, fairways well groomed with 1st and second cuts well defined. Two of us in 3 hrs 15 mins walking. Definitely will get back there again sometime this summer! Scratch this one off on the 'Bucket List'. Looking at 36 next Friday - Hawkesbury and La Cite or Hawkesbury and Hudson. All three on the list at present and soon to be stroked off....ahhhhh decisions, decisions...lol!

Birdie Eagle_Hunter is on a distinguished road Eagle_Hunter's Avatar
    If I would have seen your post yesterday I could have told you that the course is in great shape as I played on Monday. They punched the greens the day we were playing so it was a little bit of a pain but still rolled decent. That course is great to play because of the history and the condition!

Micheal

Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    Well, just back in from 18 in Perth. What a beautiful little course to play! Lush, lush and yeah, did I say lush! Very picturesque with greens punched but filled, fairways well groomed with 1st and second cuts well defined. Two of us in 3 hrs 15 mins walking. Definitely will get back there again sometime this summer! Scratch this one off on the 'Bucket List'. Looking at 36 next Friday - Hawkesbury and La Cite or Hawkesbury and Hudson. All three on the list at present and soon to be stroked off....ahhhhh decisions, decisions...lol!
    Just another lefty....

We had an 8:54 tee off. Good thing we got there early as the advised that they were closing the course for a shotgun for Ontario Hydro at noon. We just tucked it in before the 144 'golfers' hit the links. A great day had by all....we'll be back!

Thread Information