CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Timbuktu

Thumbs down Les Vieux Moulins

I must say I was thoroughly disappointed with this course. Aside from nice greens and some impressive stone work I don't have a good thing to say about it. The fairways were absolutely atrocious! It's also one of the easiest courses I've played in the region...well at least the front 9 carding a +4 back 9 +6. #13 green had Seagull sh*t all over the green...and I mean all over.

Luckily for me on corp golf it only cost me $16 to play, but I feel terrible for my partners would paid $36 before 8. I can't even imagine playing $42 during prime rate with some Cartier down the way for a little bit more.

I hope they toss some money into that thing, especially with all the real estate going up all around it.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    They won't. They do not own the course. they,ll keep the greens in good condition but whatever grows grows. same for the Champlain and the Gatineau.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Sand Wedge daking0007 is on a distinguished road daking0007's Avatar

Vieux Moulin

That course has clay in the fairway big time. It was always like that and they will not put money towards it at all. They can't put an irrigation system, they can't fill the fairway in anyways, they clay will make everything slide out.

I have to admit, their green are in good shape. But even there, good is not exellent!

Birdie Husband is on a distinguished road
    I agree. I played there about a month ago and was thoroughly disappointed.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 06-14-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    It needs an infusion of money. Apparently they have 32 wells dug nut no money to build the irrigation system. A smart investor would do well to buy it and fix it up. A redesign of a few holes woul help as well. Maybe buy the property across the street and put the range there and make more room for the redesign of 1,2,17 & 18
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I personally like a lot of the holes there, but the lack of conditions keeps me away.

3 Iron Jason Munro is on a distinguished road
    I absolutely agree with the comments regarding the conditions, however, for me a big issue was the stupid positions for tee decks. Apparently the designer/architect has a strong understanding of my usually misses and decided to place a tee deck exactly where my ball would go...and make me blind to it so calling "fore" isn't automatic. I was not impressed.

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Munro View Post
    I absolutely agree with the comments regarding the conditions, however, for me a big issue was the stupid positions for tee decks. Apparently the designer/architect has a strong understanding of my usually misses and decided to place a tee deck exactly where my ball would go...and make me blind to it so calling "fore" isn't automatic. I was not impressed.
    i like the course usually, it's a short 5 minute drive for me and it's cheap with EG, but my biggest gripe is what you said with the tee decks.. #2 and #8 running parallel like they do are the worst i've seen, neither is a long hole but driveable but a slice will far too easily head towards the opposite tee box. i know im after coming close to people, and ive had balls stop at my feet more than once as well without any warning. i hate having to second guess myself due to a safety issue that shouldnt be.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Hey, lets have fun with this, let's say we can redesign a few holes, to make it interesting let's try to set it up so that the back and front are each a par 36 and not the 38-34 it has become since they switched over the par 3s years ago due to the new housing. I will start a thread and see where we can take this. If one of us wins the $50 mill this Friday we can make it happen.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information