CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar

Hackin' my way to a decent round...

Just got back from the most odd round I have ever played in my 5 years of golfing. Played 18 at Rideauview. Stats for the round:
    G.I.R: 6/18
    Fairways hit: 5/14
    Putts: 30 (with a chip-in)

Despite my terrible GIR stat my short game saved me quite a bit. My putting wasn't great either...longest putt made was 8 feet for birdie on #10. The fairway stat is a little deceiving as at least 5 of the missed fairways were just off in the intermediate cut and my lie was fine. After the 8th hole a hard slice showed up for the first time in a couple years for me but somehow I managed to scrape out a +6 score of 78. As frustrated as I am that I can't hit an iron shot (or driver for that matter) to save my life I am pleased with myself that I battled and stayed together mentally. In the past I would have been so flustered by my brutal driver/iron game it would have definitely led to some blowup holes. Managed to miss in the right spots I guess because 78 is an above average score for me. Thought I would share...gives hope to break 80 despite being a terrible golfer.

Hybrid chris_woods is on a distinguished road chris_woods's Avatar
    did the same thing, but by my standards today in a qualifier for the junior ottawa cpga at cedar hill.
    2/18 greens
    3/14 fairways
    and 3 3 putts.
    it was brudal but managed to shoot an above average round of 89.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    i had a weird round today as well. i started playing as if i didn't want to be out there golfing, and it showed in my score. i was +5 after 3 holes and was well on my way to 100+. then i made a par, and suddenly my mind was back into the game. i shot a +5 the rest of the way to salvage the scorecard with a 82.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by northern33 View Post
    Just got back from the most odd round I have ever played in my 5 years of golfing. Played 18 at Rideauview. Stats for the round:
    G.I.R: 6/18
    Fairways hit: 5/14
    Putts: 30 (with a chip-in)

Despite my terrible GIR stat my short game saved me quite a bit. My putting wasn't great either...longest putt made was 8 feet for birdie on #10. The fairway stat is a little deceiving as at least 5 of the missed fairways were just off in the intermediate cut and my lie was fine. After the 8th hole a hard slice showed up for the first time in a couple years for me but somehow I managed to scrape out a +6 score of 78. As frustrated as I am that I can't hit an iron shot (or driver for that matter) to save my life I am pleased with myself that I battled and stayed together mentally. In the past I would have been so flustered by my brutal driver/iron game it would have definitely led to some blowup holes. Managed to miss in the right spots I guess because 78 is an above average score for me. Thought I would share...gives hope to break 80 despite being a terrible golfer.
    Shooting a 78 at Rideau View is never a bad thing. There are a number of tough pars out there from the back tees.

Birdie Husband is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by northern33 View Post
    My putting wasn't great either...longest putt made was 8 feet for birdie on #10.
    Your putting couldn't have been that bad with 30 putts. That's pretty solid.

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Shooting a 78 at Rideau View is never a bad thing. There are a number of tough pars out there from the back tees.
    Didn't play from the back tees. Played from the blues. No way I would have shot 78 from the back tees the way I was hitting it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Husband View Post
    Your putting couldn't have been that bad with 30 putts. That's pretty solid.
    I don't know...it was OK at best. No 3-putts was good but most of my 2-putts were from 15 feet and in because of missing the green so much. Had a chip in too...so 30 putts on 17 holes essentially.

Thread Information