100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar

Driveway Resealing Question

Hello.

Looking for a rough estimate in terms of price for driveway resealing. Have a 4 car driveway, needs resealing, one small crack fill, and a bit of work at the garage lip. Want to keep cost down if possible. I'm in Orleans any recomendations welcome and cost estimates would be great. Not looking to spend too much. Thanks,
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    If you do it yourself , it would cost you about $150 in materials from home depot , and it'll be a much better job. I did mine at the last house i owned (4 car drive) and its good for about 3 years.Shouldn't take more than an hour or two.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I'd say not even $150

you could do it for $50 or so
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    I do mine every 2 years for under $50... really easy... or you could hire me for $400...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    So your saying that a person who has no experience will do a better job than someone who does it for a living. Might be cheaper, but u usually get what you pay for. My two cents

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    http://www.doityourself.com/stry/fillloosepaving

Not a better job but as good... don't need a brain surgeon... A roller, old clothes and driveway sealer from Home Depot or Canadian Tire... Good luck...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goley View Post
    So your saying that a person who has no experience will do a better job than someone who does it for a living. Might be cheaper, but u usually get what you pay for. My two cents
    if you can paint a wall you can seal your driveway. In fact, you don't have to be anywhere as neat.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Lob Wedge mikep00 is on a distinguished road
    Definitely do it yourself. That is one do-it-yourself job that anyone can do, and the savings make it worth it.

The difference between a pro and yourself doing a good job is time. The pro can repair the cracks and seal it in about an hour. Those guys are efficient but they also tend to skip some important steps to do it faster.

You on the other hand will take your time to get it done right.
    -Clean your driveway. Pressure washer or hose and stiff bristle broom. Pressure washer is the easier of the 2. Once thoroughly clean let dry.
    -Repair the cracks AND level any craters that haven't cracked yet (craters will because problems down the road and are worth fixing early).
    -Applying the sealer requires the same skill as painting. Paying attention is about the only "skill" needed.

Remember to wear old clothes and shoes. No matter how clean you try to be, they will be ruined by the time you finish.

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    A good leaf blower is an asset and use a pair of shoes that you don't mind throwing out after you are finished

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    I have a 4 car driveway and paid $175 from ProSeal who uses Acrylic sealer on the driveway. The day after I scheduled ProSeal to do it, another company that had been doing houses in the neighbourhood put a quote in my mailbox of $125. They also use acrylic and from the driveways I saw do a fantastic job. I think the company was G.M.S. They do driveway sealing and snowplowing.

I know its a bit cheaper to do yourself, but it really is a big mess. And for $125-175 to just pick up the phone I honestly think its worth it.

A buddy of mine did it himself last year, then didn't realize he had some crack sealer on the sole of hit boots. He now has a nice footprint at his front door.

PM me if you want me to track down the number for GMS. I don't have it but I gave it to a buddy to have his driveway done and I can probably get it back from him.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    The tar you buy in the bucket and apply with a roller is a lot thicker than the stuff the trucks spray on.

Its the crack filling that takes time. I used some different sized screwdrivers to clean out the cracks, swept the whole thing down, filled the cracks with a caulking gun, and rolled.

I did it as a summer job when I was a teenager, I don't think the conditions have changed much in 20 some years.
    Andrew

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Its the small crack and the lip at garage I need done. I've done itmyself in the past and found it needs to be done every year. Hoping if I get a good, reputable company it may last 2-3 instead.

Thanks for the info guys.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Thread Information