CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carleton GC

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

Carleton GC

anyone played here before? What's your overall impression?

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar

Nice Layout

I played there a couple times during the Tournament of Champions, and it is a pretty nice course. It is private, however. Um.. it is not a long course, but plays fairly tight, you have to hit your ball well. It is well maintained though. You will have to win the club championship to play though, unless you are a member, I think.

Gap Wedge lgrankin is on a distinguished road

Very Nice

I usually get out there once a year with a friend of mine who is a member. I'm not sure what the membership fees are... It always seems to be in great shape, good holes and an easy to walk. Not very memorable in the sense that you home thinking about how great the layout was or how awesome such and such a hole was. I highly recommend it if you should have the opportunity.

Cheers,
    LR

3 Iron ros_bif is on a distinguished road ros_bif's Avatar
    haven't been in a couple years, but last time i was there it was in great shape. A fun course to play, and not too long.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

played here this week

quite liked the course....old style, lots of trees, and very flat. I didn't find it overly short nor overly long. I guess with only 1 par 5 on the front, it can keep the yardage down.

I hit a lot of drivers which was good but you have to be very accurate with your short irons. I only made one putt all day, and kept overreading the greens (guess I play at Stonebridge too much!)

The toughest parts were the tiny greens on some of the holes and the thick rough around the greens made chipping the ball close tough.

The course is in outstanding shape, with some of the best conditioned fairways around.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    My buddy is taking he PAT (going for his pro card) there on the 30th and 31st and I said I'd be on the bag for him. I haven't played there for 3 or 4 years since I was a junior and cant remember a single hole.

If anyone plays here frequently and wants to point out a few places to avoid messing around i'd be appreciative.

Thanks

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio
    My buddy is taking he PAT (going for his pro card) there on the 30th and 31st and I said I'd be on the bag for him. I haven't played there for 3 or 4 years since I was a junior and cant remember a single hole.

If anyone plays here frequently and wants to point out a few places to avoid messing around i'd be appreciative.

Thanks
    #2 Drive 225 at bunker, Do not go left
    #3 175 straight is all you need Do not mess with the water right/long, or the OB left
    #11 Make sure the approach shot is a full one
    #12 Little sand in the front section of the bunker
    #14 A reasonably drive easily carries the ditch, BUT, the green can still be reached in 2 from the near side.
    #15 Gentle fade around the trees(assuming right handed)
    #16 Gentle draw around the corner leaves a short iron, but a straight shot to the corner leaves about 150 in.
    #17 Drive must be straight, not quite as narrow as it looks, leave the ball below the hole.

This course is a shotmakers course and hitting the ball long is unnecessary.

Thread Information