CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pineview

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar

Pineview

I played pineview on Saturday, and I have to say, the conditions there have improved 300% since I played this course last year. I always thought of it as a hack course, but now, its a great value. I played the executive course at $25 prime rate, which isnt too bad. The course length is a little pathetic, but the condition of the fairways and greens were great. Are they trying to spruce this place up, for a possible private sale? has anyone heard much?

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Haven't heard anything, but just imagine having a premium course (with a lot of work of course) just a few minutes from downtown.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

3 Iron kewarken is on a distinguished road
    Agree 100%. They have new management and are doing a great job at getting the conditions up to par. The championship course is in fantastic shape as well (although I haven't played the executive for a while).

cheers,

Kris

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by kewarken
    Agree 100%. They have new management and are doing a great job at getting the conditions up to par. The championship course is in fantastic shape as well (although I haven't played the executive for a while).

cheers,

Kris
    This is great news, I have always been jealous of the number of U.S. muni's that are so well conditioned & affordable. Hopefully they keep up the good work.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Anyone who may want to take a peek, the Team1200 is having a special day there Monday August 30. Green fees are 12.00. Details are here:

http://www.team1200.com/contests/details.asp?id=1411
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

5 Wood doctor-wedge is on a distinguished road

New And Improved Pineview

What is going on at pineview ??? The golf course is starting to resemble conditions that are at a private course. i play a lot of golf at other courses and the greens at pine view are better or as good as any other course in the ottawa area. the new manager , superintendent and assistant superintendent are doing awesome changes to the golf courses.... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the Zone psniddy is on a distinguished road
    I played there last week and found the course to be in great concition aswell. I do have to say however that there are still a few problem at Pineview. First as the conditioning of the course has imporoved the overall layout has been left a little boring. If you have decent power this course offers very little challenge. Second there has been no change in the low rent attitude of some of the people who play there. There is a sign on the pro shop door that says "Dress code in effect" yet I actually played wtih a guy in cut off jean shorts and that doesn't even begin to help you understand the rest of his conduct that day. Maybe I am just a snob.

Sand Wedge h22a4_bb6 is on a distinguished road
    i agree ... i played there twice this year and i would actually go back ... last year i played there and kept telling myself that "it is close to home & relatively cheap" ... or else i would've shot myself for wasting my time on that course ... it was pretty much a sorry excuse for a golf-course last year ... even at $20 twilight, it was crap last year ... but the $30 prime price makes that course worth playing this year ... thumbs up for turning the course into an enjoyable one in the span of one year!!!

guyinottawa
    The only reason pineview is in good shape is because of the incredible weather we've had. you could grow anything this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by guyinottawa
    The only reason pineview is in good shape is because of the incredible weather we've had. you could grow anything this summer.
    The good weather certainly doesn't hurt but there are lots of courses in bad shape that have had the same good weather. Greens don't maintain themselves. Bare earth and weeds don't grow grass unless they lay sod. There has been a lot of effort this year and it's paid off very well because of the good weather. A course takes time to mature and laying a good foundation in good times means the course can better withstand a hot dry summer.

cheers,

Kris

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Pineview has been around a long time. It may not have been the best course in town but it was always accessible to many generations of players. My dad played there, I played there and I'm sure my daughter will play there too.

When I started playing it was easy to get, even by bus! Easy enough to get around, easy enough to get a tee time and cheap enough to afford as a young and broke golfer. If they are getting better at the maintenance now, why not enjoy the course with its improved conditions.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Pineview has been around a long time. It may not have been the best course in town but it was always accessible to many generations of players. My dad played there, I played there and I'm sure my daughter will play there too.
    Actually, what I meant was that if the course had been neglected for a long time, it takes time to get conditions back up to par. I think they're doing great.

cheers,

Kris

Thread Information