100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge Muligan is on a distinguished road Muligan's Avatar

Hi Ottawa...from PEI

Hi to all.

I am an Islander that enjoys golf and talking about it. I play 100+ rounds a year here in Charlottetown. I have played for 45 years.

And it is raining here today!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Welcome.

Beautiful Island you have. Hope to be back someday!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Hey Mulli. It's raining here too. C'mon up.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Hey Mulli, I'm a transplanted Islander now living in Ottawa......do me a favour and make sure that Cavendish, Anderson's Creek, Mill River, Eagles Glen and Glasgow Hills are in top shape for me when I head hom during the middle of July - Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Hey Mulli, I'm a transplanted Islander now living in Ottawa......do me a favour and make sure that Cavendish, Anderson's Creek, Mill River, Eagles Glen and Glasgow Hills are in top shape for me when I head hom during the middle of July - Thanks
    Hey
    I play Andersons and Gables and a few others. All you can eat Island Blue mussels after your round at Anderson's Creek....free!!! Gables right now is incredible...defined fairways with lush rough. Ouch. Greens are pretty good, you probably know all about the bunkers. And that cart girl is back for another year. Remember her???

But, you know...we got this new super at Belvedere, married an Island girl and likes our little spot. Man, this guy has done wonders! Ya gotta go there!

Bring all your buddies !
    "Golf is the only sport where the most feared opponent is you."
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Muligan View Post
    Hey
    I play Andersons and Gables and a few others. All you can eat Island Blue mussels after your round at Anderson's Creek....free!!! Gables right now is incredible...defined fairways with lush rough. Ouch. Greens are pretty good, you probably know all about the bunkers. And that cart girl is back for another year. Remember her???

But, you know...we got this new super at Belvedere, married an Island girl and likes our little spot. Man, this guy has done wonders! Ya gotta go there!

Bring all your buddies !
    My old man is a member at Anderson's and Gables......I know EXACTLY the cart girl you're talking about

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    I'm also a transplanted Islander, here in Ottawa. I'm counting down the days until my annual trip at the beginning of July. I'll be playing the course I grew up playing (Mill River) daily for two weeks!

6 Iron Lucky is on a distinguished road
    Hi to all.

I am an Islander that enjoys golf and talking about it. I play 100+ rounds a year here in Charlottetown. I have played for 45 years.

And it is raining here today!

I am one of a group of about 16-24 guys that make the trip to the island every July. While most of the trip is a glorious blur, from much drinking and eating, how can one not say that Crowbush is one of the finest courses in the country! See attached pics
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tmacgolf View Post
    I'm also a transplanted Islander, here in Ottawa. I'm counting down the days until my annual trip at the beginning of July. I'll be playing the course I grew up playing (Mill River) daily for two weeks!
    Tmac - I grew up playing Mill River too - folks had a cottage on the River. Where are you from? I grew up in Summerside. Folks from North Cape and Waterford

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Tmac - I grew up playing Mill River too - folks had a cottage on the River. Where are you from? I grew up in Summerside. Folks from North Cape and Waterford
    I grew up in Alberton. My parent's moved to Summerside several years ago, but we have a cottage on Mill River too. About three weeks and counting until I throw the clubs in the trunk, point my car east and drive!

Quote Originally Posted by tmacgolf View Post
    I grew up in Alberton. My parent's moved to Summerside several years ago, but we have a cottage on Mill River too. About three weeks and counting until I throw the clubs in the trunk, point my car east and drive!
    What are the chances that we are somehow related.........I'm thinking pretty good given how small those communities are

And, the sphere of influence spread around the world from this small province called PEI is truly remarkable!

Visiting my bro in Ottawa is always something I look forward to and think that besides PEI, Ottawa has to be the best place in Canada to live. Golf, parks, culture, friendly people.
    -Anonymous

5 Wood AndrewMGA is on a distinguished road AndrewMGA's Avatar
    My whole family is from the island as well, military brats but did 9 years in Summerside on and off. We were all here in Ottawa until my brother moved back last month. He and his wife are now members at Anderson.

Heading back to the island at the end of the month for a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMGA View Post
    My whole family is from the island as well, military brats but did 9 years in Summerside on and off. We were all here in Ottawa until my brother moved back last month. He and his wife are now members at Anderson.

Heading back to the island at the end of the month for a visit.
    Young couple...39. Both did time in Afghanistan? If so, I played with them a few weeks ago. They played Bethpage Black a few months ago...
    -Anonymous

5 Wood AndrewMGA is on a distinguished road AndrewMGA's Avatar
    Yip, thats them. Small world .

Young couple...39. Both did time in Afghanistan? If so, I played with them a few weeks ago. They played Bethpage Black a few months ago...

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Fellow Islander here, and my mother, a Kane, bought a peice of land at a young age, right beside Crowbush Cove Provincial Park. Then they built the golf course and we are across the pond on number#7. Truly one of the best courses in the world, and the hospitailty the Islanders show is second to none.

Make the journey every year, Green Gables, Glasgow Hills and Anderson Creek are must plays.....

Thanks for all the balls on # 8......lol

Thread Information