CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Timber Run

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar

Timber Run

In my quest to play my 'bucket list' of courses in the Ottawa area that I had not yet played, I took advantage of the beautiful day today to head out to Timber Run in Lanark. What a hidden gem!

Great shape with some work being done on a couple of tee boxes but not to gripe about as it was obvious that in a couple of weeks it'll only make the course that much better. $25 for a round after noon!! I almost felt that I was taking advantage of them!

Finished the 18 in 4 hours on the button walking and hitting two balls most of the way around (thank you Marc Levac for helping me keep both in the fairways). Great service in the pro shop coming and going, got a little history on the owner, the builder and the clubhouse. Can't say enough about it - definitely great value for the money!

And they've now got a slope and rating - 119 and 66.8, respectively. We'll be heading back - soon!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Timbuktu
    I enjoyed Timber Run also when I played earlier this year with Eagle_Hunter. It was in great condition which was unexpected given where it's located. The club house is absolutely beautiful also and I could see why they have lots of wedding/receptions there.

I didn't like 2 holes....#18 I hated the whole loop around the bush. Also the green on # 8.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 06-13-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I didn't mind 18 but I have to agree that their 2 putt rule on #8 was a little silly. I think I'd prefer if they just leveled it off a bit. But, then again, it made it 'interesting' and, obviously, somewhat of a conversation piece...lol
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    I played there last year in a tournament. If I remember correctly it was not in the greatest shape then. I thought the layout was pretty nicely thought out though. I may venture back out there to see what it is all about this year. Could very well of been the time of year.

Birdie Eagle_Hunter is on a distinguished road Eagle_Hunter's Avatar
    The layout on the course is great, the number 8 green was very rude and when me and Tim went the greens were in horrible condition with ball marks and holes everywhere. The rest of the course was great but the greens. I may go back there tomorrow! Costs me $10 with my RM membership

Cheers,
    Just another lefty....

Thread Information