CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar

FAKE Pings bought on Kijiji

Hi guys/gals,

I have had quite the experience over the last couple days. First I had my Callaway FT purchase on ebay cancelled, due to the seller not having anymore in stock, and THEN.....

after seeing a brand new set of G15's on kijiji, for $500 - I thought I would inquire about those. I had asked the seller for the serial numbers, which he gave to me - after asking PING if they were legit, they said yes. So, I was quite excited, picked them up and they were indeed brand new, all wrapped up. I came home and entered in the serial number to Ping (one digit was off from what he had told me) and then I "registered" my clubs.. then went to bed, then to work, etc..

After work, I decided to hit them, they were TERRIBLE. I was kind of depressed, I thought I was hitting the ball okay, but they went nowhere.

Came home to an email stating that they were counterfeit, from PING.

Don't ever buy clubs from a man who calls himself Mr. Christie, and drives a Lincoln.

He will not be charged, but will be handing over the funds tomorrow.

Hit them today

But, the serial number was a tad bit off when re-inquiring with Ping, there was one gigit differnt
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    It's funny you should mention fake Ping G-15's.

I had a yard sale two weekend's ago and I got talking to one guy a little about golf and he said "come over to my van, i want to show you something"

He proceeds to show me a new set of Ping G-15 irons still in plastic wrapping as well as a new Taylor Made R9 460 driver. He tells me that he is friends with the Ping rep and these came in from Europe.

I've been around golf my whole life and have worked in countless pro shops as a teenager and into my early 20's so I've seen my share of clubs, but I must say that all of the markings looked correct upon first glance. However once I picked them up I could tell that something wasn't quite right. The weight was off and the hosel design wasn't exact either. Then I picked up the Taylor Made Reg shafted driver and proceed to waggle it to test the flex...I'm not exaggerating when I say that it was pretty much the flimsiest Reg shaft I've ever felt in my life. I'm talking around the same flex as a set of children's clubs age 4+

I didn't say anything to the guy I just told him "these are really nice" and I wished him good luck.

I should have posted something on here to warn people as we know now, he's not the only one out there pushing these knock offs.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
    Don't ever buy clubs from a man who calls himself Mr. Christie, and drives a Lincoln.
    but don't stop buying his cookies
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    wow that really sucks paulio, but it's unfortunatly the reality of ebay these days.. im glad it worked out in your favor, sadly there's tons of people out there that got taken by scum like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    It's funny you should mention fake Ping G-15's.

I had a yard sale two weekend's ago and I got talking to one guy a little about golf and he said "come over to my van, i want to show you something"

He proceeds to show me a new set of Ping G-15 irons still in plastic wrapping as well as a new Taylor Made R9 460 driver. He tells me that he is friends with the Ping rep and these came in from Europe.

I've been around golf my whole life and have worked in countless pro shops as a teenager and into my early 20's so I've seen my share of clubs, but I must say that all of the markings looked correct upon first glance. However once I picked them up I could tell that something wasn't quite right. The weight was off and the hosel design wasn't exact either. Then I picked up the Taylor Made Reg shafted driver and proceed to waggle it to test the flex...I'm not exaggerating when I say that it was pretty much the flimsiest Reg shaft I've ever felt in my life. I'm talking around the same flex as a set of children's clubs age 4+

I didn't say anything to the guy I just told him "these are really nice" and I wished him good luck.

I should have posted something on here to warn people as we know now, he's not the only one out there pushing these knock offs.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal.
    I wonder if it was the same guy. He had some other clubs..

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    You should get the cops involve and get this scum off the street... Get your $$ back and phone the police with license plate...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    but don't stop buying his cookies
    lmao!!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Sorry to hear that Paulio but if you manage to get his info report it to police...

Birdie JWWRMA is on a distinguished road

Fake G15 Driver

This is advertised on "Usedottawa.com" Ad # 12121395

Brand new Ping G15 Driver only $179.99 for sale.
    The Ping G15 Driver is Fantastic Driver! It is very easy to hit ,distance is great and the forgiveness is something to really love when your having one of THOSE days.

I asked them if they would guarantee they were authentic and received this reply;

Hi sir,
    Firstly thanks for your letter.But to be frank,our clubs are not from the original brand companies, but from their subcontractors. So we are able to provide such competitive price. Please don't worry about the quality, because our clubs are made with the same technology and mould. Our supplier also provide components to the original brand comanies. But you may have a try on our clubs.It's worth to buy clubs of good quality at such a low price. Many customers keep longterm cooperation with us and speak highly of our clubs.
    If you are still have interests,please contact with me again.

Thanks,
    Anna

Moral: IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE; IT LIKELY ISN'T

I got the exact same reply when inquiring about an ad on Used Ottawa for a set of x22 irons with a driver. Well, at least they were honest about it. I just wonder if the "average" person was to go and buy these clubs, one who is not a big golfer, would they say anything?
    It makes me sick.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Paul,I really feel bad for you.Happy that you got your money back.I guess the safest place is on this forum.We all have had bad deals, so you are not alone.

I reported the ad to used Ottawa, indicating that it was a fraudulent offer.
    There is another ad for “Right Handed Ping Rapture V2 Irons 3-9PS with Free shipping! $299”. These clubs cost $1400 at GT. Ad #12090935
    One clue is that the writing is only sort of English. Another is that they use stock photos rather than shots of the actual clubs.
    Lots of scams for Taylor Made drivers on these sites also.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    After he meets up with this guy today to get the money back buddy trys and sells them to him for even cheaper and goes all crazy at Paul when the platic was taken off and the clubs were hit. I was so close to going with him to meet this guy, lucky I was late cause I have no time for morons like this.

If Paul got the license plate of the guy he could report him to police for selling counterfeit goods. At the very least, it gets it on record and starts the process of getting rid of these thieves.

Yeah, that was quite the transaction. Got my money back, but the dude was not pleasant. I have his plate and home address.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JWWRMA View Post
    If Paul got the license plate of the guy he could report him to police for selling counterfeit goods. At the very least, it gets it on record and starts the process of getting rid of these thieves.
    As soon as he got the e-mail from Ping saying these were fakes he called the Police...they then contacted the seller who said he would give him his money back.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    "The dude wasn't pleasant"; he is selling fake clubs. He should be happy he is not in jail!
    The dude needs to abide.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
    Yeah, that was quite the transaction. Got my money back, but the dude was not pleasant. I have his plate and home address.
    Good thing he wasn't selling counterfeit firearms
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Paul,if you need any help,I have friends in Montreal who will look after him.LOL.
    What an ass!"#$%$?%?&

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Paul,if you need any help,I have friends in Montreal who will look after him.LOL.
    What an ass!"#$%$?%?&
    Ha, thanks Marcos. Hopefully this is all done with.

Sand Wedge BBKing is on a distinguished road
    If you have the information from this dirtbag, you should provide it to the local Ping rep, you should be able to get his contact info from any golf shop that carries Ping. They are very interested in getting this kind of scam shut down, and will prosecute. I used to work at Chuck Brown's and we used to see this kind of counterfeit club regularly, all the name brands, especially Callaway, TaylorMade, and Ping. Some of it looked pretty realistic, some, not so much.

Montreal seems to be a hotbed for these scumbags. Glad you got your money back, but this guy should pay the price for what he is doing.

I agree with BBKing. It will be very easy for Ping given that the police already have a record of the incident and the guy.

Thread Information