100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron Kyle_B is on a distinguished road Kyle_B's Avatar

Long Drive Competition

So I'm new at the whole golfing thing. I've been going to the driving range at least one a week, and I can consistently hit the 250y mark. I know there is much better out there so let's here what you guys and girls can do.

Birdie Husband is on a distinguished road
    I hit 250 with my 3 wood. Driver is good for 275-300+ for me. Hit a monster at Cartier a couple of weeks ago on the #5 par 5 445y. I had 112y to the pin in the middle of the green on my second shot. Was sick.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Here we go!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Had a young guy killing balls at the indoor driving range, he had a clubhead speed of 135 mph but was pulling the ball left a bit. I worked with him for about half an hour and got his club head speed up to 140 pretty consistently with a much straighter ball flight. He was tickled pink with the results of his new swing but wasn't so happy when I told him he would have to generate another 10 mph to play with the big dogs. It's always fun watching someone hammer the ball like that, he must have had 12 drivers in his bag so you know where his interest are. I thought I could hit a long ball when I was younger but I never had clubhead speed higher than 133 my whole life. Now it's dropped below a hundred and ten but I still hit it solid so it still goes out there but I would love to play on a course with that young dude just one time, it would be sick seeing somebody carry the ball 360+.Oh to be young and pain free again.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Not nearly as long as I used to be, getting a little annoyed by it actually. I thought with the hot weather I'd be back to normal. Must be the swing.
    Andrew

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Yesterday on a par 5 hole I had a 237 yard shot to the hole (according to my bushnell rangefinder). The ball was in the rough, but short rough. I took out my 3 wood and tattood the ball 10 yard past the hole.

My driver goes about 250-260, i think.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    http://www.golfswingclub.com/Physics-Of-Golf.php

Longest Recorded Carry - " The greatest recorded carry of a golf ball is 418.78 m (458 yards), by America's Jack Hamm, at Highlands Ranch, Colorado, USA, on July 20, 1993."
    Longest On Course Drive - "Scott Smith's longest drive of 539 yards during a wind-swept qualifying round in Albuquerque. Standardised Result = 493 m
    Longest Off-Course Drive - 720 yards by Paul "St. George" Slater, Feb. 19 2005 on the tarmac at the London City Airport. Slater's weapon of choice for his 720-yarder was an SMT [Superior Metal Technology] O2 driver with 2.5 degrees of loft and an ultra-stiff, 50-inch Apache shaft.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information