100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Smuggler's Glenn

Playing it for the first time tomorrow, any hints or tips!!??

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes, think your way through the course, the first tee is a real tease, you want to take out the driver to get there in 2 and its easy from the whites but its tight and a nice 180yd lay up off the tee is ideal. The second hole is fine, short is better than long. Teh 3rd hole looks intimidating but a decent 200 yd shot gets you passed the water. There are a few holes where you need a rangefinder to find targets. Play smart and you will do well.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Playing it for the first time tomorrow, any hints or tips!!??
    Are you stalking me??

Indio and I are teeing off at 10:20 tomorrow morning........

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    My advice to you John is to tee-off before 10:20!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    My advice to you John is to tee-off before 10:20!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Smart Ass!!

But I'm going to have to defend my buddy Indio and say that he isn't THAT bad........but then again, he is an old man

That's my point Hacker, if Indio shows up its trouble, if its Bob then its OK. I will not even mention Indio's partner.
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Pretty straight forward John. What you see is what you get. Pretty much every hole is set up off the tee so you can see whats in front of you. The first hole is awesome and the hardest par 4 I know.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

So it's a par 5 from the Whites and a par 4 from the blues? Gotta go driver off the tee then.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Easy par 5. Toughest Par 4 going.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    So it's a par 5 from the Whites and a par 4 from the blues? Gotta go driver off the tee then.
    Better hit that driver straight. I'd suggest a 3 wood. And just for fun, on #6 try a drive from the back tee deck. If you go to the black tee markers, turn around and look behind you. There should be another deck back there. Good luck. It's all ESA down the right side, rough and cart path on the left, and a loooong way to the fairway.

Oh yeah, bring your "A" putting game. Not sure how short Jason will have the greens cut, but they are subtle and slick. 9.5 Stimp is usually an average number, but I've seen them faster, and you won't find a truer roll anywhere.

Have fun!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

John, if you go to their website they have a great hole by hole description with yardages and video of most tee boxes and fairways. Its easier to manage your game with that information.
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    That's my point Hacker, if Indio shows up its trouble, if its Bob then its OK. I will not even mention Indio's partner.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be bad mouthing Bugsy if you know what's good for you

As for me......all I know is that I didn't slow John down one bit last weekend at The Marshes

And for the record it was one of my FCs who hit their approach shot on #4 down onto the #2 fairway

Haha i've been in that spot more than once buddy! Left on #4 is a great spot to be!!

Haha i've been in that spot more than once buddy! Left on #4 is a great spot to be!!
    Agreed!!

Unless your the guy coming down #2

My taunts were more for errant balls than pace of play but I guess they go hand in hand. I have played with both of you and I am sure everyone is safe but an early tee off still has some benefits. I will be there at 9:30 on Monday so everyone else watch out!!
    Lefty Lucas

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Number one hole is a tough intimidating hole.Probably 3 wood off the back tees as it does get tighter down the fairway for you long hitters.Its the first swing of the day and your usually a bit tight.What a great course.I am sure you will enjoy it John.

6 Iron Tullamore is on a distinguished road
    played there last weekend - what an awesome track - cut right into the heart of the Canadian shield as u will see with all the rock formation - i hit 3 wood off the tee - target golf - get ready for some really fast greens - i mean quick!

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar
    It is a great course! A thinking course... right from hole #1.
    Love #12.. 'The Gambler' It's a 259 yard par 4 (from the black tees) slight dog leg left with a good size green. If you are short of the green, it will roll back 20-40 yards down the hill.
    Planning to play it Saturday afternoon.. if anyone is interested in joining me..
    Bite, Bite!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Damm--I'm going to miss all the fun Scott---I thought Indio was dead---but I guess there's a little life left in the 'oldboy" Playing there in 2 weeks---don't damage the greens

John--if they still have the yardage charts with the score card-pay attention ! You will love the course
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information