100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge NXTLauncher is on a distinguished road

Pakenham Greens Burning Up

I heard the Greens are burning up. When will they have the watering system functional.......anybody know?????

Timbuktu
    They were definitely dry last week but still green. That courses is in need of some rain or some watering for sure. Fairways looked mid July condition wise.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NXTLauncher View Post
    I heard the Greens are burning up. When will they have the watering system functional.......anybody know?????
    You heard right. I played there yesterday (Lake/Canyon) and the course is getting scorched.
    Word is, Hydro for some reason are dragging their feet on the inspection of their new pumping system and granting the required permit to actually pump. This leaves them hand watering their greens so they don't lose them. The rest of the course is bone dry, but is still quite playable.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    You heard right. I played there yesterday (Lake/Canyon) and the course is getting scorched.
    Word is, Hydro for some reason are dragging their feet on the inspection of their new pumping system and granting the required permit to actually pump. This leaves them hand watering their greens so they don't lose them. The rest of the course is bone dry, but is still quite playable.
    for some reason? ha ha.

perhaps it has to do with bridges being burnt back in the day.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Played today. Tee boxes are in rough shape and the roll is unbelievable. Have to take one less club all the time.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Played there today. Greens, tees and fairways were hard as rock. You cannot land on the green and expect the ball to stick. Quite disappointing for the price.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    The worst part was the bounces on the greens are completely wild. We've had many sand wedge shots land on the front (some even short of the green) and roll all the way to the back. Many shots would land and bounce sideways, much more severely than the slope of the green would warrant. All in all, pretty much the luck of the draw.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    This track historically had fabulous greens. I sure hope they don't lose them. That would be a real loss for the Ottawa golfing community.
    Last edited by mpare; 05-31-2010 at 07:41 PM.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Lob Wedge NXTLauncher is on a distinguished road
    Hey solstrum......are you saying Karma is at work here?
    Attached Images

Timbuktu
    from another forum: "The course got nabbed for pumping illegal water from some ponds and now they are paying for it."

4 Iron Gangrel is on a distinguished road
    Well, I played there yesterday and the greens seemed fine to me. I'm sure the rain in the morning helped, but the greens didn't seem dead at all. They rolled pretty true too, though I might be biased because I was putting so well during my round.

Some dead spots around the fringe and just off the green though. But all in all, the course seemed ok yesterday. Not spectacular, but worth the $30 or whatever the afternoon rate was.

Timbuktu
    Was there some tournaments going on this past weekend at Pakenham? I didn't notice any on my corporate golf schedule but both days all spots were wide open which I found odd.

3 Wood jet84 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
    Was there some tournaments going on this past weekend at Pakenham? I didn't notice any on my corporate golf schedule but both days all spots were wide open which I found odd.

It was intersectional tryouts this past weekend. There was also a tournament on Saturday afternoon.

Thread Information