+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 3rd round NHL

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Why so much hate and aggressivity?
    Hate?? Aggressiveness??

Have you read many posts about Tiger Woods here? That doesn't even begin to approach Hate and Aggressiveness.....

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Why so much hate and aggressivity?
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    I had the same question.

Well, they gave it a run, and it was fun while it lasted.
    To me, the Habs are the same as the Leafs. Are we at the point where we can no longer express our disdain for a particular sports franchise? Geez...

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Hate?? Aggressiveness??

Have you read many posts about Tiger Woods here? That doesn't even begin to approach Hate and Aggressiveness.....
    haha, good point. But, Tiger ate all of their children, so you can understand why...

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Well the Habs made it a lot father then anyone expected. I’m more then satisfied that they got to the conference finals. They finished #3 in the league. Very respectful. Can’t wait to see the changes that will be done this off season.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    Well the Habs made it a lot father then anyone expected. I’m more then satisfied that they got to the conference finals. They finished #3 in the league. Very respectful.
    Here's my opinion:

If your team doesn't win the Stanley Cup, your team is a loser just like the teams that didn't make the playoffs. There's no consolation prize for going farther. That kind of talk is for fans who don't have high expectations of their team. My expectations are to win the Stanley Cup or the season is a bust!

Leafs = Wings = Habs = Pens = LOSERS
    You only get out of something what you put into it

I don’t believe that. Winning is not everything. Losing is a building block for success and that in everything in life. You cannot win everything, it’s impossible. What you take out of losing makes you better. How far you go makes a big difference in confidence. Take golf for example, finishing T25, T10, T5, T2 in consecutive years is a confidence booster and makes you believe in your abilities and the work you are doing is paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    I don’t believe that. Winning is not everything. Losing is a building block for success and that in everything in life. You cannot win everything, it’s impossible. What you take out of losing makes you better. How far you go makes a big difference in confidence. Take golf for example, finishing T25, T10, T5, T2 in consecutive years is a confidence booster and makes you believe in your abilities and the work you are doing is paying off.
    I disagree. What did losing do to help the Buffalo Bills?

Yep I remember but that’s a different story altogether. You are talking about a team that got there time and time again and never could pull it off. You cannot compare that to a team that did not make the postseason to a team that got to the conference finals when nobody gave them a chance. I don’t believe that the Leafs or any other team that missed the postseason would not trade places with the Habs or the Sharks. I have been there in Hockey and in Golf and there is a BIG difference between T3 and T25. Major difference.

I'm sure Montreal's owners are happy about the extra home playoff games and the money generated by their miracle run. But are the players satisfied? They're really the only people who matter in this discussion. Are they happy to be 3rd? How can they be happy to be third when they beat #1, #4, but lost to #7 who barely squeeked into the playoffs? Wasn't Montreal favored to beat Philly with the way Halak was playing?

As for building blocks, i don't think losing is a building block. Beating the Pens and Caps was a building block. Getting manhandled by the Flyers is a setback. Montreal can't go into next season with the same team and expect to beat a team like the Flyers in the postseason next year. They have to change some personel or change their strategy.

6 Iron Tullamore is on a distinguished road
    Winning is everything!! - building blocks from losing??? - does not cut it
    - The habs did great this year - but now there are faced with alot of decisions to make in the off season - they made a few bad decisions in signings and will pay for it - different team next year -
    As like the Sens - after Murray made alot of bonehead moves he only has approx 6 million to play with for
    next year - Pascal??? the bad luck gaolie 4 million????? - oh my - Eugene wake up my man - Murray is throwing your money down the Ottawa River!!

When there is so much parity in the league anyone can win at any time - the time is now. - The days if the dynasty of back to back - to back - are long gone - the last are the Red Wings in the last 10 years - only a few cups there.

I'm a HUGE HAWK fan - been waiting since sine 61 - and this is their year to lose - no tomorrow - win now - everyone remembers #1 not #2!! - unless u are the Bills who have been to the big show 4 times and NOTHING!!
    i agree with No Kids - losing is not a building block - u build the block at the beginning of the season To WIN! - Not To lose!! -

Wolverine Alumni
    Losing is not in the Blood! Not Acceptable!!
    that's my Rant - I'm OUT!!
    SMACK!

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullamore View Post
    Wolverine Alumni
    Losing is not in the Blood! Not Acceptable!!
    that's my Rant - I'm OUT!!
    SMACK!
    Is that the Michigan Wolverine.... losing is not in the blood... you are kidding me.... Rich Rodriguez... do I have to remind you how much losing they have had in the last 3 years...

Never mind the NHL... lots of work to do in the Big House.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Hate?? Aggressiveness??

I don't remember any thread about Tiger...

I am a habs fan, why would I take pleasure about the Canucks losing, or the Sharks, ... unless I have them in a pool...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Thread Information