100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

Thinking about making a utility/rescue club - Rec's??

Anyone have any good suggestions for a component utility wood head? Golfworks does not have much selection and I don't have any other catalogue's around.

Thinking about something fashioned after the new Hogan's or the TM rescue clubs -- i.e. not a large head like a 7 wood. Looking for something around 20 degrees.

Thanks in advance

Garth.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I tried the Hogans on the simulator and I found that I was losing close to 10-15 yards with comparable clubs (4 iron to 4 iron hybrid) I actually had my club in the simulator, so I had a good feel. I've tried the TMs and found that the distance is pretty close. There is a bit of difference in price though...

Call me saving for the TMs.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

3 Wood mike k is on a distinguished road

Snake Eyes

I've hit the snake eyes hybrid 19 degree - excellent with Rifle Shaft (5.5, I think). Long, straight, easy to hit. Golfsmith will have good recommendations, based on your swing characteristics.

M K.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    My buddy is a scratch player and he has a Vulcan Z3 2-woody and he just kills it.

http://www.vulcangolf.com/irons/z3/z3woody.asp
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thanks!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Sorry Garth, I should have read things a bit closer. I saw you mention Hogans and TMs and I had tried them both. It was after Andre's post that I saw you were looking for components.

Surprised I wasn't flamed bad! lol
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar

Snake Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by GarthM
    Anyone have any good suggestions for a component utility wood head? Golfworks does not have much selection and I don't have any other catalogue's around.

Thinking about something fashioned after the new Hogan's or the TM rescue clubs -- i.e. not a large head like a 7 wood. Looking for something around 20 degrees.

Thanks in advance

Garth.
    I own an 18D Snake Eyes Quickstrike (replace 2 iron or 5 wood)and I love it.Althought it is last year model wich I find much better to hit and comfortable at adress than the Quickstrike 2.Now you can get the original Quickstrike from 14 to 30 Degrees at Golfsmith and It is on sale at $24.99 US .Pretty cheap for such a good head.You may have to put a graphite stiff shaft,even if you play regular shafts.Everybody in forums recommend a stiff shaft with that head,and it's true .... .................chip

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Gotto agree with the Vulcan post. They are very good but they are not components but well priced. I have the 3 and 4 and I hit them very close to a 3 & 4 iron length.
    You can PM the one named "Vulcan" here on Ottawa Golf, his name is Marty. he will even let you demo. What more can you ask for!!!!

Talking Follow-up

Thanks for all the feedback.

I put together my new club last night. SnakeEye QuickStrike II 19 degree with a UST IRod stiff hybrid shaft tip trimmed 2" and butt trimmed to 41.5". Had it at the range this afternoon and love it. Nice high trajectory, very workable and it's carrying about 190-195.

Can't wait to try it on the course this weekend!

Thanks again!

Garth

Thread Information