CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Bridgestone Ball Fittings

They are touring once again this year to different courses in the area and at your local GT stores,mostly in early June. Apparently they will be able to fit left handers this year. I have sent them an email for confirmation of this and when I get the answer I will edit this thread.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Being a lefty that's great!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    It is, last year I was scheduled to go to Metcalfe GC for a fitting and luckily the lady who answered the phone actually asked me if I was RH or LH otherwise I would have showed up and been very disappointed. Not this year!! I have used both the E6 and B330RX, the latter with great success. I will wait for the results, I for one believe in getting fitted for the right ball.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

1 Iron infinity13 is on a distinguished road infinity13's Avatar
    Any idea what the cost is to get fitted?

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    I understand that different golfers would do with different types of golf balls due to club head speed, swing plane, etc. But, left-handed vs right-handed?

Seriously?

Birdie Husband is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkshooter View Post
    I understand that different golfers would do with different types of golf balls due to club head speed, swing plane, etc. But, left-handed vs right-handed?

Seriously?
    I would think that it's their equipment that would be tailored to a right-handed golfer and not necessarily work with a lefty.

Just a guess.

I'd go just to find out Swing speed and stuff. Seems like a fun 10-15 minutes.

It's free and you get a sleeve of balls I think.

1 Iron infinity13 is on a distinguished road infinity13's Avatar
    I tried looking it up online, how does one go about making an appointment to get this done?

Lh vs RH

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshooter View Post

Seriously?
    Yes, I am not sure either why they could not do the LH golfers, maybe the way the sensors were set up would require complete change to the other side that could not be done in between fittings so they opted to do just one side. I will certainly ask.
    Lefty Lucas

Time

Quote Originally Posted by infinity13 View Post
    I tried looking it up online, how does one go about making an appointment to get this done?
    If you go online just call the location that is hosting the event, like GT for instance and tell them you want to book and appointment. I called the 19th tee and they had a sheet ready to go. I do nto beleive there is any charge for the fitting, they want to sell their brand of balls so to charge you is kind of strange. Callawayc demo fittings are at n/c as well and that is even more elaborate.
    Lefty Lucas

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I took one of them last year when they had it at Golfworks. There was no charge but you had to make an appointment. No other freebies were given away at that one.

I'm assuming they didn't fit lefties last year because they would have to keep moving the sensor locations back and forth and constantly resetting everything. At Golf Town I believe the simulators have the tees in the middle so the same location is used for both righties and lefties.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Bridgestone will be at Greensmere on June 8th from 1:00pm to 6:00pm for ball fittings. If you want to set up an appointment give the golf course a call at (613)839-7772 and they can book you a time.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Golfworks - June 4th, Noon-6:00
    GT Kanata - June 5th, 10:00-4:00
    GT Trainyards - June 6th, 10:00-4:00
    Greensmere - June 8th, Noon-6:00
    19th Tee - June 10th, Noon-6:00
    Prescott GC - June 11th, 10:00-4:00
    Archies, Cornwall - June 12th, 10:00-4:00
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

I just received an email form Bridgestone, not for lefties apparently, once again:

Thank you for your recent inquiry into Bridgestone Golf.

Unfortunately the science eye technology that we use in our ball fittings is only able to analyze right handed golfers. However, we have developed and are currently testing a science eye for left handed players, which we hope to make available very soon. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you are able to do the ball fitting once we have made it available.
    Lefty Lucas

Putter chipandacoke is on a distinguished road

Bridestone

And they'll be at Buckingham golf course soon, call the shop 819-986-8035.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Golfworks - June 4th, Noon-6:00
    GT Kanata - June 5th, 10:00-4:00
    GT Trainyards - June 6th, 10:00-4:00
    Greensmere - June 8th, Noon-6:00
    19th Tee - June 10th, Noon-6:00
    Prescott GC - June 11th, 10:00-4:00
    Archies, Cornwall - June 12th, 10:00-4:00

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Went today. Compared my NXT Tour with the B300 SRX. Lost 6 yards with the bridgestone, but was told that it would have better feel around the green. Not sure that I'm going to take several shots off my game based on this fitting...

Gap Wedge Chadillac is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    Went today. Compared my NXT Tour with the B300 SRX. Lost 6 yards with the bridgestone, but was told that it would have better feel around the green. Not sure that I'm going to take several shots off my game based on this fitting...

The NXT though is a long ball with NO feel around the green right, so it's a trade off I guess.. each will work with whatever one is comfortable with.

Bump and run or pitch and check.

I'm sure most people fit into the b3300 series and since the RX and RXS are their "amateur" balls requiring lower swing speeds, It will most likely be one of those two.

I have been using the NXT extreme and I find it is pretty good for distance and fairly responsive on the greens and at a fraction of the cost of the BGs its great value. They are also very durable. They are a lower compression ball as well. I am still upset that LHs cannot get fitted yet.
    Lefty Lucas

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Leftylucas, they were at Greensmere last Tuesday and they are set up for lefties so find a site and give it a go.

Crap, good communication there by Bridgestone, I will check, thanks Gerry.
    Lefty Lucas

Gap Wedge pmar88 is on a distinguished road pmar88's Avatar
    Just a question about ball-fitting, should the golf ball perform the same way regardless of handedness?

Yes, but as they explained from my above post: the science eye technology that we use in our ball fittings is only able to analyze right handed golfers. However, we have developed and are currently testing a science eye for left handed players, which we hope to make available very soon. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you are able to do the ball fitting once we have made it available.

Apparently this was erroneous information, I have emailed them since now I have missed the local fittings.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information