CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: v-steels...

Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road

v-steels...

i'm wondering if any others has noticed, but taylormade v-steels are selling like crazy on this forum, so that means they are overated or what?

i had some and sold them, shafts are a little crappy MAS stock if you ask me, but my swing could use some fine tuning, dont we all!

i dont know if this is the good place to post, but i see them for sale alot these days and am surprised, is it the wrong motion or the wrong club for most seeing they are selling and trading like hotcakes?
    Last edited by Powerdraw; 01-30-2006 at 06:58 AM.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerdraw
    idont know what you guys see in this forum if as i, but taylormade v-steels are selling like crazy, so that means they are overated or what?

i had some and sold them, shafts are crap MAS stock, is that the reason or does my swing just suck?

i dont know if this is the good place to post, but i see them for sale alot these days and am surprised, is it the wrong motion or the wrong club for most seeing they are selling and trading like hotcakes?
    They sell well because they are good fairway woods. Tour players use them. Maybe the stock shafts are not the best, but they are still a damn good shaft. I knwo a guy who bought one while in Florida and he told me he just flat out nukes that 3 wood.

I had one with a steel shaft, a 5 wood and liked it, but I rarely used it so I traded it for another club. Seemed like a solid enough club to me and I am a single digit handicap. Maybe yuo just did not have the right shaft in yours.

Great price on those clubs right now too, can't go wrong at the prices I am seeing them listed at on eBay.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

They are good

I loved my V Steels but sold them both. I went to a hybrid TM to replace the 5 and my 3 wood got something loose in the head. I purchased a T Zoid Mizuno but I just cant hit it so rather than replace the shaft, I will try to sell it and get me another V steel.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    same here...bought a couple of hybrids but still have my 3 wood in the bag - I did get it reshafted with an NV65 though. Nothing wrong with the clubs at all....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

2 Iron KenB is on a distinguished road KenB's Avatar
    I have a 5,a 3, and a TS and I love them. I find they set up well and for some reason, I don't have a clue why, they are really easy to swing on plane and bring the clubhead back square. Also easy to shape shots. It feels like the Vsteel changes my swing. Now if I could find a driver that does the same thing!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I'm just trying to make my whole bag a titleist bag, I don't know why. I shouldn't trade my vsteel, I've hit so many good shots with it. I think its one of the best fairway woods ever made, certainly one of the most popular on tour.

Thread Information