+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge Pacman is on a distinguished road

What are your opinions on the Loco "Bite" ball??

I've been playing the Dunlop Loco "Bite" ball, on and off this season. They seem to be a decent deal for the price ($15/box at SuperStore).

My question is, have any of you golfers tried this ball?? Are you able to get back spin and "suck" the ball back a few feet when you hit the green??

I would like to choose a ball, and keep playing with it...but want something that I'll be able to grow into as my game develops. I don't want to spend $40/box on the better balls, because I still lose quite a few balls every round I play.

I really like the soft feeling balls...the Precept Laddie is one I enjoy playing, but I can't seem to find them for less than $35/box here in Calgary.....and I'm just not sure if they are worth double the price of the Loco Bite.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I've got a box that I won at an event. I haven't tried them yet, but I know a couple of guys who play them that like them. They aren't one of the upper tier balls, but they do well if you lose a few every round.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    I was playing the old Locos for a while and found them soft and long, but not very stoppable on the greens. Tried a box each of the 'Bite' and 'Super' versions and didn't feel any big difference. However, having tried Maxfli M3 (which is about 25$ a box now, not bad for a 3-piece ball), I don't want to go back to Locos. They're just as soft and long, but they stick to the greens like glue. Try the red (normal) version, the blacks (low trajectory) are a little harder.

Cheers,
    Krolik.

Putter Shane17 is on a distinguished road
    LoCo Bites are decent balls for the price. I cannot say they are the best spin ball around, but they check alot better than the original. What about trying the Precept U-Tri Series? I think they are better than the laddie, ahsould be close to the same price.
    XL 3000 has some awesome choices out as well, try some of them.

Sand Wedge kordic is on a distinguished road
    I'm a big fan of the maxfli noodle...maybe give that a try..haven't tried the rotini model which is supposed to give even more spin...another option

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Noodles.....mmmmmmm

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    I bought a box of LoCo bite a couple of months ago and have been quite impressed, I get a much nicer trajectory with them and they stop quite well on the greens. I haven't been able to get them to stop on a dime yet but I am probably not hitting down into them enough. One point about them is that they do tend to get beaten up after a couple of rounds (if you din't lose 'em first).

Thread Information