CorporateGolfXtra 2024

Threaded View

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

I think my cap just went down 5 strokes in 2 minutes

I was sitting in the bathroom reading my news paper yesterday (its where I do my best thinking) and it came to be.

If my back swing is messed up, im already going to be in a poor position at the top of my swing which will leave to a poor shot. so I thought, I know what a good swing looks like from the top to the finish and for me the hardest part is the back swing to get to the right position for the top... so why don't I just start my swing at the top??

U have time to feel ur weight distribution, check ur foot position, how much you have rotated at the waste, check your shoulder turn, make sure your left wrist it flat, your left arm is straight. Takes a lot of strength to hold the RIGHT position at top of your swing for more than even a second. And the flexibility required to do this in the left shoulder is unreal. i was completely warmed up and i do yoga and it was hard for me but doable so I'm guessing not everyone can do this.

The down swing was easy because everything started off in the right spot and the misses were slightly left or slightly right but nothing that would cost me strokes. I was even able to put a bit more into the shots than I normally would because when i swing harder i bend my arm, my wrist isn't flat.. I was able to put a few really violent swing on the ball and they went straight... very far. I'm gonna try this on the course after a bit more tinkering.

I've attached a picture.. i was starting my swing from set 4 in the picture attached but found i was getting more distance by starting from pic 2 but wasn't as accurate.

I know it looks silly but I've never had as good of a day at a range as I did yesterday. I was hitting straight 3w, 3h, 4h, 5i, driver, 5w... all the long clubs. it was awesome
    Attached Images
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Thread Information