CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    4 to 2 and the lead is ebbing away.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Now 5 to 2. The Habs are not giving up or panicking.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Now 5 to 2. The Habs are not giving up or panicking.

what's happening now ?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    what's happening now ?
    They are celebrating in Montreal! Woo hoo!
    Andrew

The last Canadian team standing just won. I could not be happier.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    i've never seen a team block so many shots with their sticks, bodies, they did whatever it took to win. where did this habs team come from? even habs fans never dreamed of this. good job habs!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    The top 5 seeds in the east are done. Who'd a thunk it?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Ole!!! Oleoleole!!! Ole!! Ole!

Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Woooooo

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    The Penguins look as tired as the Wings... I guess 300+ NHL games in the last 3 years will do that... Next series should be awesome...

Habs vs Bruins.... that would be a classic

Habs vs Flyers.... I hate the Flyers
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Last night's victory feels even better the morning after. What an effort!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Last night's victory feels even better the morning after. What an effort!
    Until you open the paper

Too bad their fans are such idiots. More rioting and looting in Montreal after the game was over. Do they really think a hockey game win, is a right to be stupid? Takes away from their effort when the news is about the looting and not the game.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    What a difference between the 2 conferences. In the West the top 2 seeds advance while in the East you are either going to have 7 vs. 8 or 6 vs. 8

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    What a difference between the 2 conferences. In the West the top 2 seeds advance while in the East you are either going to have 7 vs. 8 or 6 vs. 8
    I was thinking this exact thing... lol

Timbuktu
    Or how the 5th seed in the East wouldn't have made the top 8 in the West...Cup champ is coming from the West. I hate to admit it because the Sharks took out my Wings but they're pretty solid and Chicago made Luongo look like a 3rd string goalie.

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post

If the leafs could muster enough points during the regular season to actually make the play-offs they'd win the cup hands down because they are built to hook, hold, obstruct and stop just short of killing and/or maiming the opposition......because that is the brand of hockey that the league promotes in the play-offs.
    The Sens had more penalty minutes this year then the Leafs with less fighting majors. Leading me to think the Sens should have hooked, holded, obtructed and maimed the opposition like the did during the regular season and maybe they would have played Canadians this round.

It really pains me to say this but Montreal deserved to win this series. Great goaltending and desperate Hockey sometimes pays off.

GO Bruins/Flyers GO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post
    Until you open the paper

Too bad their fans are such idiots. More rioting and looting in Montreal after the game was over. Do they really think a hockey game win, is a right to be stupid? Takes away from their effort when the news is about the looting and not the game.
    It’s sad that this happens. These idiots give us Hab fans a bad reputation. These trouble makers and not fans IMO, they are opportunist.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    I have a question:

Why do some people cheer for all of the Canadian teams to win? (and sometimes express disapproval when a Canadian does not...)

For example, I'm an Ottawa fan. Never in a million years would I cheer for Toronto or Montreal to win a series. They are the hated rivals. If they played each other, I would hope that they would bash each other over the heads and all of them collapse, rendering neither of them able to advance to the next round.

It's not like the percentage of Canadian players on Canadian teams is higher than their American counterparts.

Just something I've always wondered...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    its because we would rather see a canadian team hoist the cup than an american team. at least it is for me.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    I have a question:

Why do some people cheer for all of the Canadian teams to win? (and sometimes express disapproval when a Canadian does not...)

For example, I'm an Ottawa fan. Never in a million years would I cheer for Toronto or Montreal to win a series. They are the hated rivals. If they played each other, I would hope that they would bash each other over the heads and all of them collapse, rendering neither of them able to advance to the next round.

It's not like the percentage of Canadian players on Canadian teams is higher than their American counterparts.

Just something I've always wondered...
    What team did you cheer for before the Sens came to town? Why did you change?

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I was always taught that as a Montreal Canadiens fan, I was obligated to hate the Leafs. I didn't know there was any rule regarding the Sens?
    Andrew

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I would rather see a team from a true hockey market like Montreal win the game than a team from San Jose. (not that they actually have a chance at winning).

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    What team did you cheer for before the Sens came to town? Why did you change?
    Before the Sens, I followed Gretzky, from Edmonton to L.A. When the Sens came to town, I became a fan. Can't really explain why I changed, other than the fact that when there is hockey close to home, it's easy to become a fan of whatever team that may be.

For example, I've had the opportunity to watch the Carolina Hurricanes approximately 40 times in the last 3 years. I've become a fan (not to the extent of Ottawa).

Anyways, I don't begrudge someone who cheers for all Canadian teams, I just don't understand it. I don't like Montreal fans (especially the ones who live in Ottawa, YOU SHOULD BE SENS FANS!), why would I want them to be happy? They riot at every opportunity (case in point - last night).

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    I would rather see a team from a true hockey market like Montreal win the game than a team from San Jose. (not that they actually have a chance at winning).
    What would constitute a "true" hockey market, though? I mean, the Anaheim Ducks had something ridiculous like 100 straight sellouts. Does that mean they're a "true" hockey market? I suspect if you didn't have that information, you would say no. Teams are where they are.

Before the Sens, I followed Gretzky, from Edmonton to L.A. When the Sens came to town, I became a fan. Can't really explain why I changed, other than the fact that when there is hockey close to home, it's easy to become a fan of whatever team that may be.

For example, I've had the opportunity to watch the Carolina Hurricanes approximately 40 times in the last 3 years. I've become a fan (not to the extent of Ottawa).

Anyways, I don't begrudge someone who cheers for all Canadian teams, I just don't understand it. I don't like Montreal fans (especially the ones who live in Ottawa, YOU SHOULD BE SENS FANS!), why would I want them to be happy? They riot at every opportunity (case in point - last night).
    Nahhh! Been a habs fan since I was born. Brainwashed by me dad actually.

I watch the Sens from time to time but It don’t get in the game like I do with the habs.

Lets get something straight, the “fans” that caused a riot yesterday and in 93 and not fans. They are simply people that take advantage of the situation.

What would constitute a "true" hockey market, though? I mean, the Anaheim Ducks had something ridiculous like 100 straight sellouts. Does that mean they're a "true" hockey market? I suspect if you didn't have that information, you would say no. Teams are where they are.
    Anaheim might not be a good example but you have to agree that there lots of USA teams that don’t sellout like NYI, NJD, FLA, TBL just to name a few.

Dear Gary Bettman,

We have arranged for the Crosby-Ovechkin rematch you wanted with a slightly revised format.

Tee-off time is Friday at 11AM.

Sincerely,

The Montreal Canadiens

Anaheim might not be a good example but you have to agree that there lots of USA teams that don’t sellout like NYI, NJD, FLA, TBL just to name a few.
    Sure there are. And there were Canadian teams that weren't viable because the support wasn't there.

I would argue that seeing a non-traditional hockey market hoist the Stanley Cup (like Raleigh) makes the league better. It helps to bring new fans into the sport, which is what hockey desperately needs. Hockey won't survive if it's not constantly gaining new fans.

Sure there are. And there were Canadian teams that weren't viable because the support wasn't there.

I would argue that seeing a non-traditional hockey market hoist the Stanley Cup (like Raleigh) makes the league better. It helps to bring new fans into the sport, which is what hockey desperately needs. Hockey won't survive if it's not constantly gaining new fans.
    Good point. I never thought of that.

You're right. I listened to an interview with a Montreal police official this morning. He said that the fans were not the problem. There were others who came in later and caused most of the trouble.

It’s sad that this happens. These idiots give us Hab fans a bad reputation. These trouble makers and not fans IMO, they are opportunist.

Thread Information