CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    so far Crosby has proved he's played on better teams than OV

Canada > Russia
    Penguins > Crappytools
    good lord man. He has played on teams that WIN. That is the sign of a champion. I love OV. But winning is ALL that counts. Call it coincidence if you like but I humbly disagree. Winnners Win.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Sorry Mike, you're wrong here.......if you want to point fingers on this one you have to point them at Montreal.

Ovies's pre-game ritual is to be the last guy off the ice and to sprint to the gate and stop like that. Montreal knew this yet decided to put the kids out there early anyway.

Hockey Players are creatures of habit and they are certainly not going to change things up in the play-offs.

Besides, don't you think that kid was thrilled to be able to go to school the next day and say that he got snowed by one of the best hockey players on the planet?
    I don’t buy that. He is in MTL and putting a kid at the opening Habs door is a ritual for the past few years even during the season. Now should MTL change there ritual because stops at that exact spot every game? Every Habs fan that watches the Habs games will confirm that. Ovy could have stopped at the left side of the door or at the door. Now if that was unintentional event then he should have explained himself. I did not invent this, I got this off a cbc report. He was caught on tape. Classless in my book.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

My take on this is simple.....the vast majority of Washington's top end talent and perhaps more importantly, their Leadership guys, are European and for whatever reason, the Euro's don't seem to have the same desire to win Lord Stanley's cup as North Americans do.

I'm not anti-European or anything like that, but you never hear a Russian about how they dreamed of winning the Stanley cup as kids. The one exception to this could be Swedes, the Swedes love their hockey and are slowly coming to see the NHL as the pinnacle of the sport, but I believe that when they are playing road hockey it is still for the World Championship or Olympic Gold.

I think this is a major factor as to why teams with high-end European talent fail come play-off time.

Maybe Vancouver can prove me wrong this year.
    Perhaps, but Detroit has proved otherwise.

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    Every time OV's team loses you are here to bash him, and say Sid > OV. Are you trying to convince other people or yourself?

Crosby had 0 goals, 0 assists in game 6 vs the Sens and was a -2. Yet the Penguins win. If you know hockey you should know its a Team sport. No way can you blame OV for his team's failure. He did his part, 10 pts in 7 games.

Green and Semin should be traded, the Caps were disorganized on their own end, they lost the special teams battle, 1 for 33 on the PP, they were outcoached, and you turn all of this on OV. ?
    I think Its safe to say some dislike OV over Sid for sure but its also safe to say you have a major hate on for Crosby yourself. Kinda makes your arguments on this topic bias again.
    Head to head Crosby(and his teams) have beat Ovechkin(and his teams) every time in big games. Untill the oposite happens most will consider Ovechkin the goat(justified or not). Much like Joe Thorton is every year that San Jose donst win a cup.
    As far as trading Green and Semin goes. Am I ever glad your not the GM of the team I cheer for !

Timbuktu
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Perhaps, but Detroit has proved otherwise.

Not to mention Forsberg will and determination...say what you want about retiring/coming back Brett Favre show but in his day a healthy Peter Forsberg was the best player in the world.

Anyways sorry to get off topic. Crosby is the best player in the world right now and he has the accolades to prove it:

- 2 straight....and soon to be 3rd trip to the finals. (1 win)
    - Men's Olympic Hockey Gold Medal
    - Scoring title (used to be mainly an assist guy)
    - MVP's

But mainly his team get's it done in the playoffs.

Was it Ovie's fault they lost to the habs...not a chance. If you put up 10 points in a series regarless of how many games you're stepping up. Semin and Green were no shows this series (and people wonder why Yzerman & company overlooked him for Team Canada). I'll take a 40-yr old Scott Niedermeyer over Mike Green anyday off the week. I thought Backstrom played a good series without him they wouldn't have entered the zone at all.

Washington got away from their physical play and grapes is right, since the Campbell hit Ovechkin hasn't played like his old self.

Ovechkin's problem is he should have never been named captain. He is not a leader whatsoever where as Crosby is. Crosby elevates his game which makes people around him better, Ovie is a natural goal scorer and there is so much pressure on him to produce it's no wonder he hogged the puck so much.

Washington's time will come but the loss was not solely Ovechkin's fault.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    This is what I posted on April 9... In the Crosby thread:

As for Ovy... well this year's play-off is for him to lose... we will see what happen with his team. I can't really see them not winning the Cup.

Well, we now know what happens... and again Ovy has failed miserably... Like Jeff said, the best player has to elevate the play of the players around him... Being a leader is not about stats, it is all about winning.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    That Canoe.ca article pretty much says it all......

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    who wrote this, MBerube?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    who wrote this, MBerube?
    ROFL!!

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    That Canoe.ca article pretty much says it all......
    It sure does.

Crosby elevates his play when it matters, he actually comes back into his own end and plays defence, and he just WINS. Ovechkin seems to think the game is about taking a thousand shots a year and stacking up as many 1 minute shifts as he possibly can. I heard Murray Wilson say that the Montreal concept was to roll 2 lines against Ovechkin and have them go for 30 seconds - that way they always had fresh legs against him while he selfishly kept playing long > 1 minute shifts.

Another thing to note is that Crosby is 2 years younger than Ovechkin and the way he plays, he well may last a lot longer than Ovechkin who plays recklessly, and borderline dirty.

Thread Information