CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Customs Delay

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar

Customs Delay

I bought a club from a guy on another forum and have been tracking it online and shows it has been in Canadian customs since April 19...that is a week in customs. I have bought many clubs from the states over the years but never had any held up in customs like this. Anyone else experience this? Maybe they are really busy? Starting to get a little worried it may be lost.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    what shipper? it usually scans when it leaves and updates so unless its lost in the customs facility it can't be lost... unless they didn't update the shipping slip on the way out.
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    what shipper? it usually scans when it leaves and updates so unless its lost in the customs facility it can't be lost... unless they didn't update the shipping slip on the way out.
    It was from a guy on golfwrx...he is legit. Hoping they just forgot to scan it and it's on its way. If I phone customs will they be able to help me?

i had them same problem, i called UPS and they were able to contact customs and find out what the delay was. it was just some paper work that wasn't filled out properly.
    willy

So should I phone USPS or Canada Post? I suppose it's techinically in Canada now so Canada Post would probably be more appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    i had them same problem, i called UPS and they were able to contact customs and find out what the delay was. it was just some paper work that wasn't filled out properly.

whoever can pull up info using that tracking number i suppose. i'm not sure how it works between them.
    willy

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northern33 View Post
    So should I phone USPS or Canada Post? I suppose it's techinically in Canada now so Canada Post would probably be more appropriate.
    the tracking system doesnt always reflect reality. I have bought some clubs, and they have arrived , but the tracking system from usps still shows them as in transit. I would wait a week or so more for their arrival - its the tracking thats likely the issue, not the customs
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northern33 View Post
    If it is in Canada Customs call Canada Post.
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    i'm thinking with the loonie at par with the US dollar, Canadians are shopping online like crazy in the states and it has resulted in delays at customs. I waited 10 days for a club which usually only takes 4 days to reach me.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    i'm thinking with the loonie at par with the US dollar, Canadians are shopping online like crazy in the states and it has resulted in delays at customs. I waited 10 days for a club which usually only takes 4 days to reach me.
    Yes, for sure... just have to be patient.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Ya I figured that could be a reason as well. If no update by friday i'll give Canada Post a call to try tracking it down for me.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    2 weeks is more or less the norm for a club and its only been 8 days. Don't put much stock in the canada post site. I had a letter sent from Myrtle Beach that took 4 weeks to arrive with no customs. Even the stuff that hasn't gone through customs as of late has taken almost 2 weeks. I agree, the rise in the $ means more cross border sales, I know it has for me.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    2 weeks is more or less the norm for a club and its only been 8 days. Don't put much stock in the canada post site. I had a letter sent from Myrtle Beach that took 4 weeks to arrive with no customs. Even the stuff that hasn't gone through customs as of late has taken almost 2 weeks. I agree, the rise in the $ means more cross border sales, I know it has for me.
    I must have been fortunate in the past then...ordered stuff from the states for the past 4-5 years (40+ items) and the longest anything has ever been at customs is 2-3 days. Well at least now I know it's not out of the norm for things to get held up this long at customs.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    just to be clear, it usually takes about 2 weeks if it has to go through customs - from my experience, and that's easily 25-30 items. I have no idea how much time it spends in USPS, Canada Post or Customs. I am counting from the time it takes them to ship til it arrives at my house. That time is about 2 weeks. Often, low cost items, don't get held at customs and those are generally received in a week or less.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    just to be clear, it usually takes about 2 weeks if it has to go through customs - from my experience, and that's easily 25-30 items. I have no idea how much time it spends in USPS, Canada Post or Customs. I am counting from the time it takes them to ship til it arrives at my house. That time is about 2 weeks. Often, low cost items, don't get held at customs and those are generally received in a week or less.
    Oh I see...well the club was shipped on the 16th and got to customs on the 19th. This friday would be 2 weeks from when it was shipped. If the snowy weather continues I am no hurry for the package anyways....

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Same boat, two wedges that were shipped around April 18th still haven't arrived. The eBay seller has perfect feedback, so I'm sure it's just a massive delay.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    i bought a driver from the US and i got hit with taxes for the first time dealing with USPS. oh well, i had a great run while it lasted. : (
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    hey dude, I am a customs broker and I deal with this stuff all day.

there is no reason it should take that long to clear customs. the only reason I can think of is they dont have a one time power of attorney to clear the goods on your behalf. i would place a quick call into them and ask what they are missing to get this done.

i wouldnt stress over this. the canadian government cannot take possesion of your goods unless they have been in canada for 45 days without being cleared.

if you want PM me your tracking number and I will call some contacts

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    So if one wanted to avoid the outrageous broker rates charged by UPS & FedEx when buying off of ebay sellers from the states who refuse to use USPS, can a customer arrange your service instead?
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hey Dan!
    I hear ya on those outrageous fees. I would love to help people out. but i only clear for registered Canadian companies.

I have no problem helping people out / giving customs advice , but i cant clear the goods.

if the person buying the clubs wants to declare them under their company I can do that no problem, at half the price of the $60 fedex / UPS fee. but only if they are a registered canadian company.

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Low Value Shipments (LVS - declared value under $1,600.00) moving via Fed Ex Express get free clearance as part of their freight fee. Therefore leaving the importer of record to pay only the duties and taxes on the value of the goods imported. If you shipments fall in the LVS category make sure the shipper marks the documents accordingly. Most customs delays are cause by improper documentation.
    Things you learn after being in the logistics business for over 20 years.
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Twoody is right about the LVS, but not all shipments under $1600 get an automatic pass. I see alot of low vlaue shipment get flagged as HVS (high value shipments) all the time. but like he says make sure the docs are correct. if you want to give me the tracking number ill see what the hold up is for you.

Thread Information