100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    Halak was amazing but man Gill shows up in the playoffs. The guy just gulped everything up...

I think the Pens will be an easier series for the habs btw. They are less dangerous offensively and their goaltending is no match.
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Timbuktu
    I can't believe I'll be rooting for the Penguins two series in a row...god I hate Montreal.

Wings fan over here!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
    I can't believe I'll be rooting for the Penguins two series in a row...god I hate Montreal.

Wings fan over here!
    Let's Go Red Wings!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brucestats View Post
    Halak was amazing but man Gill shows up in the playoffs. The guy just gulped everything up...

I think the Pens will be an easier series for the habs btw. They are less dangerous offensively and their goaltending is no match.
    I think it’s going to be a better series to watch. It’s surely going to be more of a hitting game. The energy lines will make the difference. The Habs shutdown Ovy, Backs and Semin. Let’s see what they can do with Sid and Malkin. Bring on the well rested Pens.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post

Wings fan over here!
    As a stalwart Sens fan, I can't believe I'll be cheering for the Pens, period

Don't get me wrong, the performance of Montreal (and especially Gill and Halak) over the last 3 games has been nothing short of stunning. I just can't cheer for a team with such abnoxious fans...
    Wannabe Golf

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Haha. obnoxious fans?? Come onnnn... It's all for the game. You cannot go to any other team and get the same feeling you get from a Canadiens game. People singing, dancing, cheering. You go to a sens game, or any other game and the stadium is dead. Ole Ole Ole Ole!

Quote Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post
    Haha. obnoxious fans?? Come onnnn... It's all for the game. You cannot go to any other team and get the same feeling you get from a Canadiens game. People singing, dancing, cheering. You go to a sens game, or any other game and the stadium is dead. Ole Ole Ole Ole!
    A regular season game at the Bell center is more entertaining and cheerful then a post season game in Ottawa.

Two words: No Class.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=montre...ient=firefox-a

No way in hell am I associating with that nonsense.

There's passion, and then there's extreme fanaticism. Anyone want to take bets if there'll be riot when they get eliminated?
    Wannabe Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post

There's passion, and then there's extreme fanaticism. Anyone want to take bets if there'll be riot when they get eliminated?
    I agree with you but you are generalizing. You can here boo’s and cheers in that video. I'm a fan and would never disrespect like that. Generalizing by calling Habs fans obnoxious is as ignorant as the people booing the USA anthem.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar

looool.

This is hockey... Not a sport like... golf!! (juuuust kidding).
    The same thing could be said about soccer. You see some of the crazy that happens there?
    I do not think this should be tolerated booing the national anthem, but I do think they have a much better fan base than all teams. Them crazy montrealers love their hockey.
    If they win the cup... I am sure there will be a riot... LOL

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar

One word, ignorant, why lump in all habs fan cause of a few bad apples, one of the biggest fan bases world wide bound to be some retards, what do you say about Red Sox fan's when they beat the yankees in 04, a college girl was killed during a riot in boston, so all redsox fans worldwide are murderers according to your thiniking, geez i love Sens fans.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Because it suits his purposes!

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    ... why lump in all habs fan cause of a few bad apples ....
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

New stop signs in Washington

New stop signs in Washington
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    One word, ignorant, why lump in all habs fan cause of a few bad apples [....] geez i love Sens fans.
    Delicious irony

If you've watched the clips from previous years, its a lot more than just a few bad apples. I know things are better this year, but only because they specifically request fans not to boo the American anthem prior to its singing.

With regards to soccer fans, there are a lot of good things to be said about their passion... and a lot of negative things too. I have nothing against the passionate Habs fans who cheer their team on in a tasteful, polite, and respectful way. Some of my favourite fan experiences have been when the Canadiens have been in town. But booing a national anthem at a sporting event crosses a line that I cannot tolerate, and its a fair bit more pervasive than 'just a few bad apples'.
    Wannabe Golf

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Delicious irony

If you've watched the clips from previous years, its a lot more than just a few bad apples. I know things are better this year, but only because they specifically request fans not to boo the American anthem prior to its singing.

With regards to soccer fans, there are a lot of good things to be said about their passion... and a lot of negative things too. I have nothing against the passionate Habs fans who cheer their team on in a tasteful, polite, and respectful way. Some of my favourite fan experiences have been when the Canadiens have been in town. But booing a national anthem at a sporting event crosses a line that I cannot tolerate, and its a fair bit more pervasive than 'just a few bad apples'.
    so you cant answer my question regarding the Red Sox i guess it doesnt apply cause there not your hated rivals that embarass your own fanbase every time they come to town. Again maybe 20-30 fans boo and that makes it sound like 21,073 fans were booing the anthem, i guess the LA game was too late for you to hear the american fans boo the canadian anthem.

I watch every game and I did not notice the boo’s from my TV. This clip was taken from the very top of the stadium. I’m guessing the booing came from the top section. If not, you would hear it on TV. I’ll try to pay more attention next game at the Bell center.

Nonetheless, categorizing all Habs fans was distasteful. But I can understand coming from the Sens fan or even worst, a leafs fan.

Ole oleoleoleeeee Oleeeeee Oleeee!!

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    Nonetheless, categorizing all Habs fans was distasteful. But I can understand coming from the Sens fan or even worst, a leafs fan.

Ole oleoleoleeeee Oleeeeee Oleeee!!

Hating all fans of one team, such as the glorious Montreal Canadiens, is as illogical and as unhelpful as hating all people of one race. If you look at any group, you can find unsavory characters. Extrapolating from that that all members of the group are therefore unsavory is not logical however falsely comforting it may be. Of course, if the organization itself is by definition unsavory (example, a criminal organization) then conclusions about the undesirable nature group can be legitimately made. But, of course, neither the Canadiens nor their fans are the type of group that merits such disdain.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Hating all fans of one team, such as the glorious Montreal Canadiens, is as illogical and as unhelpful as hating all people of one race. If you look at any group, you can find unsavory characters. Extrapolating from that that all members of the group are therefore unsavory is not logical however falsely comforting it may be. Of course, if the organization itself is by definition unsavory (example, a criminal organization) then conclusions about the undesirable nature group can be legitimately made. But, of course, neither the Canadiens nor their fans are the type of group that merits such disdain.
    Remember, "fan" is short for "fanatic." You are looking for logic where none should exist. If logic DID exist, the Leafs (and Raiders and Browns of the NFL) would have lost all of their fans long ago.

I'm not sure where my lack of desire to associated myself with classless idiots who'd boo a national anthem turned into an 'irrational hatred of all Montreal fans'. You're all a bit too eager to read between the lines methinks. I don't begrudge any of you your loyalties. I simply have an aversion to the rather visible fringe elements that go hand in hand with it.

Besides that, the repeated attempts to write me off as 'just' a Sens fan (or a Leafs fan?! Low blow! Low blow!) is hilarious in light of your trying to sell me on the untarnished virtue of Habs fans, sometimes in the same breath. The Sens are done for this season. Until next season, I'm just a hockey fan! Get it right!
    Wannabe Golf

Well then, we're ad idem. We both have an aversion to all the sub-group of fans who are classless idiots, whomever they cheer for. Feel free to root for Les Canadiens. We'll accept you into the fold.

I'm not sure where my lack of desire to associated myself with classless idiots who'd boo a national anthem turned into an 'irrational hatred of all Montreal fans'. You're all a bit too eager to read between the lines methinks. I don't begrudge any of you your loyalties. I simply have an aversion to the rather visible fringe elements that go hand in hand with it.

Gorman: Bell Centre provides a celebration of hockey

By Kevin Gorman, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

The Montreal Canadiens fans that packed Bell Centre bellowed out every word of the national anthem, with an enthusiasm exceeded only by their passion for the playoff hockey that followed for the next 2 1/2 hours.

Not O Canada, mind you, but the Star-Spangled Banner.
    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_679955.html

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brucestats View Post

LIke I said - it was easier...LOL

Still think the habs won the cup earlier against Washington
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Thread Information