100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 54 holes?

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar

54 holes?

Anyone done it? I am thinking I am going to go for it this year... I have done 36 many of times now, but 54 will be a first. I wonder what time I need to start/finish at!

Timbuktu
    I did when I was 13/14 used to play 36 everyday.

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Couple of years ago Kerisb and I use to play marathon friday .we played 90 holes a couple of times and 72 holes a few times too.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Used to do it all the time when I was a kid as a member at Cedarhill. Started at round 1 at 0730, round 2 by 1130 and round 3 about 1550 as the tee was closed off to businessmen at 1600 hrs. Some of the best memories playing golf...
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Couple of years ago Kerisb and I use to play marathon friday .we played 90 holes a couple of times and 72 holes a few times too.
    that's disgusting... but I like it!

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post
    Anyone done it? I am thinking I am going to go for it this year... I have done 36 many of times now, but 54 will be a first. I wonder what time I need to start/finish at!
    I've done this a couple of times as a way to use up my golf show coupons (which are invariably for those courses waaay out of town). One year I played Whitetail around 7:30, Calabogie around noon and Mountain Creek at twilight. The closer you are to summer solstice the easier it is to pull off.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    i dont think i would enjoy playing more than 18 in a day. especially if i'm walking. i hate walking.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Putter steveo is on a distinguished road
    FYI - just reading this and I would thought I'd add that I have a friend who is a member at Royal Ottawa, and they have an on-going record / challenge there for most rounds played in a day (i.e. day-light).

He challenged it about 4 years ago for charity, and played 13 rounds I believe. I forget the details about how many clubs he carried, but I do remember him telling me that his average score was 83 and he said he was glad to have been hitting straight that day. All the members knew what was going on so they would clear the way for him as he was going around.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    wow. just wow.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar

Yup, did 54 at St Lawrence with a buddy on more than one occasion. We play the first 18 walking, and the next 36 with a cart.
    Getting in that much golf really only depends upon how busy the course is.

Oh, and you are also required to drink at least a dozen pints while playing.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    FYI - just reading this and I would thought I'd add that I have a friend who is a member at Royal Ottawa, and they have an on-going record / challenge there for most rounds played in a day (i.e. day-light).

He challenged it about 4 years ago for charity, and played 13 rounds I believe. I forget the details about how many clubs he carried, but I do remember him telling me that his average score was 83 and he said he was glad to have been hitting straight that day. All the members knew what was going on so they would clear the way for him as he was going around.
    13 ROUNDS! IN ONE DAY! WTF?! You would find me passed out after 36 somewhere on the course.

I have done 36 holes between two different courses in one day, but never anything more than that. Maybe if I was younger and in better physical condition.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    On the trip to Florida this winter we played alternating 36/18 hole days (36 one day, 18 next, then 36 again). Overall we got 10 rounds done in 7 days. Carts were mandatory, but I wouldn't want to walk 36 holes anyway...

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    i do it once a year in ottawa at manerley. they usually just charge me $100 and that cover sthe green fees and carts but they didn't give me that deal this year. :s
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    that is enough golf in one day to significantly move your handicap around. I bet you'd get the read down on a green after the 8th time you have a putt.
    Andrew

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    When I was still in highschool, my buddy and I played 36 holes regularly (always walked). Every once in a while we'd push it to 45 or 54.

The most we ever played in a day is 63. We took our bikes to the course at 5:45. We played our first round from 6:15-8:45 and our second round from 8:45-11:15. We then played the back 9 again because the front had gotten busy. We went to his place and ordered pizza. While eating, he mentioned how crazy it would be to play more that day. I told him I really didn't want to play anymore but when he suggested we could drive to a different course and get a cart, I caved. We played 18 more holes and called it a night.

My hands were blistered pretty badle at the end of that day and I had a bad blister on my foot. But it made for a good story and at the time, I wasn't a bad golfer. I probably averaged out in the mid 80's on those (full) rounds.

Technically, that's not the most holes I've ever played (but it's the hardest day of golf I've ever experienced).

That same buddy and I used to play a smallish par-29 9 hole course where $12 gave you a day pass (I know it sounds ultra cheap but the course is relatively decent considering the price). My father would drop us off there before the course was even open (we had an arrangement that we could pay any time) and one of our parents would come pick us up sometime after 5PM (we pushed it to 8:30PM sometimes). Our record on that course would easily be over 100 holes. It took us about 45 minutes per 9 and we took lunch breaks, but they weren't that significant. If I had to guess our record, I'd say it'd be something like 126 (7 full rounds) and we probably broke 100 a handful of times.

Birdie Eagle_Hunter is on a distinguished road Eagle_Hunter's Avatar
    I'm in !

I have never played more than 18

Then again I have only played for 2 yrs this being my third and a total of maybe 40 rounds in my life. But that will change this year since I have been out around 10 times already

Just another lefty....

5 Wood leafman is on a distinguished road leafman's Avatar
    I played 45 holes on saturday and another 45 the next day when I was a member in Cape Breton about 5 years ago. The course is mostly hills and by the last 9 holes each day it was just random swings (being out of shape and walking doesn't help anything) but fun regardless. Scores weren't important to me as it was my first real season playing.

Thread Information