100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Club Fitting

Putter ottintrepid is on a distinguished road

Club Fitting

Any recommendations on a good place to get fitted for clubs? Not looking for an insane set or anything but I also don't want to head into SportChek and get looked at by an 18-year old sales person who just got transferred over from the Hockey section because Winter is now over. I'd like to head somewhere where the people know what they are talking about and have some decent inventory....so if you've had some good experiences, please let me know. Thanks.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    There's a bunch of threads, especially in the golf club and components forum. Just search for club fitting. People will highly recommend Don at Artisan Golf in the west (Kanata), and Golfworks in the East.

6 Iron cobra is on a distinguished road cobra's Avatar
    I would recommend the folks over at Kevin Haime. I've been fitted for irons, driver, putter, you name it. Greg Foley is great, they'll get you on the launch monitor and they push any brand over another. They'll even fit you for the right ball to use.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I have herd of excellent results with Artisan Golf.Never been fitted by Don but,I have spoken to him a few times and he is one of the nicest guys out there.A lot of people on this forum have gone to him.

9 Iron left and gone is on a distinguished road

Club Fitting

Count me in as one of Don's satisfied customers, I would highly recommend a visit to chat with him prior to making any decision. I was on the fence on the value of club fitting but having the seen the results, I am now a convert. Perhaps the biggest difference for me was with the putter fitting and the results after the fact. In my case the clubs were significantly less expensive than the brand name that I was considering. Well worth it.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Got my clubs today from Don. Went to his shop after I got the call saying they were ready. He got me to hit my 5, 7, and 9 just to check the lie and make sure everything seemed okay. Went to the range afterwards and man did they feel great! I was hitting it crisp and a good amount longer than my old crappy clubs. It gets me excited to play golf, that's for sure!

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    +1 for Don....love the clubs he made for me

Gap Wedge lefty2 is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

Another good option is Al Bezanson. He's made up irons, a driver and wedges for me. Great guy and does a great job. He's located in the South end by Emerald Links. His webpage is www.alsclubhouse.com

Best of luck. Good decision to custom fit you'll love it.

Cheers, lefty2
    [FONT=Century Gothic]lefty2[/FONT]

Thread Information