100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I am new at golf, so please don't laugh. I went out to the driving range today and was only getting about 150 yards with my driver which kind of disappoints me. The good news is that most of them were straight at least.
    Also, I was hitting against a stiff wind at the time, and the range balls were in pretty bad shape.
    I want to hit much farther than that.
    Any ideas?
    You've been getting a lot of good advice regarding lessons, equipment, etc. but I'm pretty surprised no one has mentioned this yet. This little nugget was key for me breaking that 150 yard barrier with my driver...

Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness. Energy. Block. Bad. It's like a carousel. You put the quarter in, you get on the horse, it goes up and down, and around. Circular, circle. Feel it. Go with the flow.

Gap Wedge dirt magnet is on a distinguished road
    I only started golfing a few years ago after having played several times as a teenager and young adult. My advice like many others here would just be to get out and practice. Things happen a lot quicker when you're hitting balls over and over. Mix up your practice time too, so that you're working on your long irons, your short game and your putting.

I also recommend checking out some tips on youtube. They won't solve all your problems, or answer all your questions, but they might suggest some things you hadn't considered.

The most important thing in my opinion however, for where you are right now, is practice.

Don't let frusteration or the need to hit longer and longer drives get in the way of your developement.

Thread Information