CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Off to PEI

guyinottawa

Off to PEI

Oh yeah, perhaps the best golf in Canada all on one little island that you can drive from east to west in about 2-3 hours? Hell yes! Bring it on. Next week I'm playing four courses - Crowbush, Dundaree, Eagles Glenn and another that I cannot think of. Jealous yet?

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guyinottawa
    Oh yeah, perhaps the best golf in Canada all on one little island that you can drive from east to west in about 2-3 hours? Hell yes! Bring it on. Next week I'm playing four courses - Crowbush, Dundaree, Eagles Glenn and another that I cannot think of. Jealous yet?
    been there done that (got the windshirt)(about a month ago)......and yes I am ......enjoy

5 Wood golfmania is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by guyinottawa
    lol...i am...have fun.

1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road

I'm going in Sept

Hey Guyinottawa, I'm heading down to Cape Breton and PEI in Sept. I'll be golfing Highlands, Bell Bay, Crowbush, and Eagles Glenn. Make sure you let us know how the golf conditions in PEI are. I have played Crowbush about 4 years ago and it was great. Haven't played Eagles Glenn yet, so very interested in your comments when you return home. Eagles Glenn has a high slope rating, so it looks tough. Have a great trip, drive safe.

guyinottawa
    I'll be sure to send an update upon my return. Hopefully the weather cooperates and there is little wind. I'm sure the course condidations will all be mint.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Hopefully the weather cooperates and there is little wind
    Hehehe yah, good luck with that

Quote Originally Posted by sparsons
    Hey Guyinottawa, I'm heading down to Cape Breton and PEI in Sept. I'll be golfing Highlands, Bell Bay, Crowbush, and Eagles Glenn. Make sure you let us know how the golf conditions in PEI are. I have played Crowbush about 4 years ago and it was great. Haven't played Eagles Glenn yet, so very interested in your comments when you return home. Eagles Glenn has a high slope rating, so it looks tough. Have a great trip, drive safe.

I played Eagles Glenn about a month ago and it was absolutely fantastic.....probably the best course I have played yet!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Give us a trip report when you return! Have Fun!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

beatnik58

cool site for virtual tours of select PEI golf holes

Quote Originally Posted by beatnik58

A most excellant site Beatnik....thanks

1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road
    Hi GuyinOttawa, I notice from another post you are back from your PEI trip. How was it? What are the conditions of Crowbush and Eagles Glenn? I'm playing those courses in late September this year. Any other tips on how to play those courses? How was the drive down to PEI? Hope you had fun and any information you can pass along would be great.

7 Iron laxgolf is on a distinguished road

East Coast trip

I've done this trip a few times to both PEI and Nova Scotia. Last summer I played Crowbush and Eagle's Glenn. Of the two courses, I enjoyed playing Eagle's Glenn the most. Crowbush is a beautifully built course, but IMO Eagle's Glenn is a better track. Since you'll be there in late Sept not sure about this, but the mosquitos at Crowbush were horrendous in July last year. Almost unbearable. Bug spray didn't do a thing.

The drive to PEI from Toronto was about 15 hours and not bad at all. NB highways are 110 km/hr and I suggest you don't abuse the extra 10 km/hr you don't get in Ontario. Set your cruise control at 110 and leave it there. You'll get stopped for going 5 km/hr over the limit, trust me on that one.....twice.

If you have the chance, I suggest you get out to Brudenell and/or Dundarave. In fact, I may have enjoyed Dundarave more that Crowbush or Eagle's Glenn.

guyinottawa

Pei Update

OK, so after a great trip out east here is the update:

Crowbush - can't go wrong with this one. Forget your game and just take in the surroundings. Punishing layout. Condititions were nothing but excellent. No problems with bugs - didn't even put on spray. This is my second time at Crowbush and probably won't bother with it again. The novelty has worn thin.

Eagles Glen - Awesome course. Greens were amazing. Hold your shots well, very playable. Conditions just as good as crowbusy. layout may even be better in my opinion. not as scenic as crowbush. no problems with pest control. only my swing.

Avondale - a municipal track and quite inexpensive. nothing to impressive. layout was ok but nothing to write home about. I would recommend not bothering with it unless you are limited on budget (it was around $30 bucks).

Lob Wedge Dennis Desjard is on a distinguished road

Eagles Glen

I played Crowbush, Dundarave and Eagles Glen while there in July.

I loved Eagles Glen. 9.9++ When I go back that's the only course I'll be playing!!

Crowbush was very nice - the 17th was a stupid hole. 97 yds uphill ... whatever

Dundarave was OK... TAKE A CART!! 11.5KM of cart path for a 7000 yard course = Long walks between green to the next tee. The red sand in their bunkers is full of small sand stones. Scratched my 60 :reallymad

9 Iron Sean is on a distinguished road
    I played at Dundarave and Mill River in July and loved both of them.I wish I had time to play Anderson's Creek. I heard alot of good things about that course.I played Crowbush last year and had alot of fun.I am hoping play Brudenell next year with Andersons Creek of course. Oh , and will do Dundarave for sure.

6 Iron Keithsguy is on a distinguished road Keithsguy's Avatar

Crowbush and Mill River

Playing at the end of the month. I know there are lots to play in PEI but these are my first two for now. Next year may require a boys weekend to hit them all....

Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I played at Dundarave and Mill River in July and loved both of them.I wish I had time to play Anderson's Creek. I heard alot of good things about that course.I played Crowbush last year and had alot of fun.I am hoping play Brudenell next year with Andersons Creek of course. Oh , and will do Dundarave for sure.

I played Eagles Glenn in June....add that to your to do list.....trust me on this one

9 Iron Sean is on a distinguished road
    I will definately put Eagles Glenn on the list . I think E.G, Andersons Creek and Brudenell will be the picks for next year. And maybe I can squeeze in a return trip at Mill River or Dundarave. I would like to persuade the familly to go to Cape Breton,so I can try out Belle Bay and the Highlands.But thats next year ,and I have alot of persuading to do ,you know what I mean.

I have also played Summerside ,Clyde River ,Red Sands and Cavendish(Anne of Green Gables),but they don't compare to the others,they are my affordable rounds,although Cavendish is getting up there in price.
    Last edited by Sean; 08-23-2004 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I will definately put Eagles Glenn on the list . I think E.G, Andersons Creek and Brudenell will be the picks for next year. And maybe I can squeeze in a return trip at Mill River or Dundarave. I would like to persuade the familly to go to Cape Breton,so I can try out Belle Bay and the Highlands.But thats next year ,and I have alot of persuading to do ,you know what I mean.

I have also played Summerside ,Clyde River ,Red Sands and Cavendish(Anne of Green Gables),but they don't compare to the others,they are my affordable rounds,although Cavendish is getting up there in price.

Depending when you want to go....off season rates (prior to 1 July) are about half the price......between 40-45 dollars for some awesome golf......sounds like a bargain to me

Thread Information