100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stonebridge

Ace Felix is on a distinguished road Felix's Avatar

Stonebridge

O M G you guys Stonebridge is out of this world super. Played today 90 degree cart rule, but the course is outstanding I will play again. Thanks for looking

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Played today and its in great shape...can't wait to go back

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Damn, what the hell did they do over the winter? Last year it wasn't that great at all. This is definitely a pleasant surprise!

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Agreed. I also played there today and it's light years ahead of where it was even at its best last season. There are still a few spots that need some filling in but... I was impressed.

I also found that many of the changes they made weren't as bad as I thought they'd be. I maintain that at least half of them were unnecessary though.

5 Wood hx101 is on a distinguished road
    I agree the removal of most of the bunkers was a waste of time...... Keep the course as is, we don't need another Manderly....

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hx101 View Post
    I agree the removal of most of the bunkers was a waste of time...... Keep the course as is, we don't need another Manderly....
    Was 100% a cost/budget issue. It is a lot cheaper to maintain grass areas than bunkers. Even with the number of bunkers they removed (I think 8 approx.), it is still one of the most bunkers per 18 holes in Ottawa. I forget the exact numbers, but I think 80 some remain at Stonebridge, which I believe they said kept them in the top 3 in the city for number of bunkers. Also, the sand they removed from the ones they took out, was put into the remaining ones, which was very much needed.

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    Damn, what the hell did they do over the winter? Last year it wasn't that great at all. This is definitely a pleasant surprise!

we had a golf course friendly winter this year.. ive played on 4 differnet course so far and all have been in good to great condition, certainly havent left a course dissapointed by the conditions this year.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iggsplode View Post
    we had a golf course friendly winter this year.. ive played on 4 differnet course so far and all have been in good to great condition, certainly havent left a course dissapointed by the conditions this year.
    Even last year when I played it, I found it one of the nicer courses in the area.. Sure there was winter kill but compared to some of the courses I played it was still ranked as one of the better ones. I am curious to see how much better it is now Last year was my first year playing it. I agree though if your paying a premium for the course it should be well presentable.

Thread Information