CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge Rob_101 is on a distinguished road

Buying from ebay.

I was thinking about buying the new nike split cavity irons from ebay and i was wondering if there was any concerns about buying clubs from ebay. They are a great price but i have never done it so was hoping to get some advice.
    Thanks.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Ebay can be a great place to buy equipment as long as you do your homework. Make sure you understand the costs associated with shipping, and if international, any brokerage fees, duty and tax. Make sure the seller is reliable by checking their feedback and also by making certain that the clubs you are getting are not counterfeit. There are many sites and even tutorials on ebay that can help you with that.

Fairway Junkie calleygolf is on a distinguished road
    Dont buy it if you think there's a chance they could be fakes...and since they probably arn't an authorized dealer, there's a chance they're fake. I'd say you're better off to pay the extra $$ and go to an authorized dealer.

Lob Wedge Rob_101 is on a distinguished road
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

This is the set i am looking at, the only thing that i was wondering, was that they had Dynamic Gold SL shafts put in. With the lighter shafts would that make a big difference on the swing weight? I don't really know much about swing weight so i was wondering if the lighter shafts could be a disadvantage in any way.

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_101 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

This is the set i am looking at, the only thing that i was wondering, was that they had Dynamic Gold SL shafts put in. With the lighter shafts would that make a big difference on the swing weight? I don't really know much about swing weight so i was wondering if the lighter shafts could be a disadvantage in any way.
    well, if you're not sure then i wouldnt do it personally. with international shipping costs, customs/brokerage fees, 30% restock, and a chance of getting counterfeit clubs from ebay you could stand to lose a bunch of money on something you really might not like. if it was original shafts than maybe, but if you're not sure it's an awful lot of money to just take a chance.

can you wait it out for a while? im sure youll find those irons for a more reasonable price somewhere closer as the season goes on.. ive bought my entire set over the last couple years at less than 50% less than MSRP.. just takes patience to wait for the deals. i know what its like to want something the day it comes out, but honestly, i find golf equipment to be one of the more overpriced areas in sporting goods.

just my two cents. good luck either way.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Swingweight is not an issue
    See this:

http://truetemper.com/golf/product_i...&products_id=4

Clubmaker Highlight:
    The balance point of Dynamic Gold SL allows a clubmaker to reshaft a set of Dynamic Gold irons at the same finished length with no change in swingweight!
    The seller ships internationally using USPS.
    Shipping:$35.75USPS Priority Mail InternationalSee more services See discounts |

No brokers fees with USPS but it will take 2-3 weeks before you get them and you will not be able to track them easily.

The seller has exceelent feedback. Read the note where it says:
    Please NOTE: If you are having a product shipped to the US, Canada or the UK you must have a confirmed Paypal address to ship to.

I have no clue if they are counterfeit or not but you can follow the guidelines listed above.

Hope this helps.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    i wouldn't buy used clubs on ebay because i dont trust their used rating scale. i only buy new stuff on ebay. if you're not sure of the shaft it could cost you a few hundred bucks to buy new shafts and install them. i know b/c i made the mistake. I saw another ad for the clubs you're looking for, new set, and you can tell them what shaft to put on it, what lie, etc... it's $200 more expensive but $400 less expensive than buying at GT.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nike-Victory-Red-...efdd99898#shId

they dont say which courier service they use, so ask them to ship by USPS if possible.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    It's always a risk when buying golf clubs on eBay. I used to buy most of my clubs there, but since working at GT I have been completely turned off the idea. It seems almost on a daily basis I am seeing people bring in clubs for repair/regrip that are fakes from eBay that they thought were legit. It's a hit/miss because some are really well done where the graphics, paint are perfect so be extra careful. Knowing what I know now I wuldnt buy off eBay again, which is unfortunate because most of the stuff is legit.

Sand Wedge ViciousEgo is on a distinguished road ViciousEgo's Avatar
    I gotta say there are bad and good things about buying anything over the internet. Ebay has become an area where it's mostly businesses selling products and there are less and less people using Ebay to get rid of used items. However, there are some deals to be had and like it was mentioned, do your homework on the background of the seller. There are some ways to protect yourself from being ripped off, if you want more pictures or you have any concerns about the equipment, then ask them. How long they have owned it, how many rounds they play a season and so on.
    I got my Nike CPR Irons and Hybrids off Ebay and this was 4 years ago when the exchange rate was not as good. Even after the exchange and the shipping I saved over $120
    Hope this helps! Good luck.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 04-18-2010 at 11:05 AM.

6 Iron duffer8 is on a distinguished road
    There may be risks associated with buying from eBay, but from my experience they are manageable. I do the requisite homework, look at the seller history and shipping methods and have successfully acquired new wedges, fairway woods and driver, lightly used irons and hybrid usually at about a quarter of MSRP (a putter is like a bride, not something I wanna get through mail order). To be sure, people have been had on eBay, but if you're careful it's a tremendous opportunity.

Counterfeit shoes have been found at Foot Locker and other old-school stores which suggests to me that even retail is fallible.

Do your homework and enjoy whatever decision you make.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Ensure it is from an authentic Nike dealer on Ebay and your troubles are over.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information