100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

x14 continued- ironmaster

The thread was closed so we will continue a new discusiion here:

Ironmaster wrote15213:

These are great clubs!! If you have a swing speed of 105 or higher with a driver buy one rifle 6.5 shaft cut to an inch longer than normal length and put the shaft in your favorite iron (remember one inch longer than the normal length of the iron your going to experiment with) except maybe the pitching wedge. I guarantee that the ball will fly 5 yards further at least and probably feel better than any iron you have every played with. I don't really understand why this is true but take it from somebody that try s many other peoples irons and have never found a club that goes as far with the same trajectory as these irons with the correct shafts in them. If you don't like them your only out the price of the rifle shaft and installation, cause 150 dollars is a good price and you will sell these clubs to someone. I realize that a lot of it has to do with how I load and unload the shaft during the swing but I have never seen anybody not hit these irons of mine further than their own clubs using a zelocity pure contact monitor. Surely there's a big hitter out there that want's to take me up on my challenge!!! You can thank me later
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

I replied:

Pretty simple. 5 iron loft is 26 degrees vs 28 degrees for other clubs
    http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/e...X-14Irons.html

You're hitting a 4.5 iron
    Mahatma Gandhi

He replied:

x 14's

I'm sorry that I missed your post till the thread was closed about the x-14 irons. The feel and the distance that I get with my irons have nothing to do with lofts, it is all shaft and iron head combination. I practice in a dome, the furthest point at greatest height is only 88 yards so I pay very close attention to trajectory with all my irons. I also have access to a few monitors to tell ball speed and distance. Two clubs the same loft and length should send the ball out at the same speed but it doesn't with my irons. The combination of the iron head and the extra stiff shaft cut an inch longer does something which I can't make out logically. It's like there is something else going on because of the combination. All I know is my irons go further than any body else's with the same swing and loft even if their shaft is as long as mine. No one has ever hit their same club as far as mine go, it's not loft it's ball speed and it not that much to do with that extra inch length although I know that would help. Because of this I have been getting interested in shaft technology to try to understand how and why this works. It's bizarre and the only way to understand what I'm saying is to actually swing my clubs and hit some balls with them, I can assure you you will be amazed!!
    Mahatma Gandhi

Well for one when adding an inch to a club let's say a five iron the frequency/flex will get softer. Therefore you are turning a 6.5 into a 6 or lower. You are also increasing the swingweight/MOI and total weight of the club which might be better suited for you. You are also changing the lie angle of the club which might be right or better than standard length for you. Also 2 irons of the same loft and length may yield higher or lower launch angles depending of where the weight is placed.Lots of ifs. It is my only explanation to your theory.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information