CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    4 Iron Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar

The truth about ball flight

For those who are not aware of the "new" ball flight laws, this may be useful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEHiY...layer_embedded

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    For those who are not aware of the "new" ball flight laws, this may be useful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEHiY...layer_embedded
    Excellent. There is also much interesting information on the Trackman website. (Newsletters)

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    Oh great, BC. Now you had to go and introduce me to these newsletters...

In all honesty though, how cool is all of this data? I'm currently working on a study using the TOMI putting system with a colleague of mine, using a similar methodology that I did at Greensmere. This time, we have performance data such as: impact location, tempo, face angle at address and impact, and stroke path.

Each person hit 5 putts to a hole 6 feet away to calibrate the machine. Then, we told them to focus only on holing as many putts as they can, but with a video camera recording their stroke. The changes in some of the variables are absolutely astonishing. Regardless of whether some of the golfers said they weren't anxious (and genuinely probably didn't feel anxious), the subtleties in fine motor movements between no-stress vs. stress are definitely prevalent.

Having data in which the Trackman, and TOMI can provide has so much potential for research on game improvement! So exciting! (as I push my non-existent nerd glasses up my nose, and hike up my pants).

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    Adska

Just make sure you understand the relationship between hitting up/down on your putt(tomi/samputt lab) or drive (flighscope/trackman) and how it will affect your true path. Just as an example... If you were to swing "on plane" with your driver but hit 3 degrees up on it (assuming you swing on a 45 degree vertical swing plane) you will also be swing 3 degrees to the left, even though you are "on plane". If you were to have the clubface square to the target while you swing 3 degrees to the left the ball would start just left of the target and hit a small cut shot that would end up just on the right of your target. The initial starting direction of your shot is influnce mostly by the face and will start somewhere between 75-85 percent towards the face depending upon loft and speed. As BC mentioned, check out the Trackman website for some really good information on this info. If you have any question, dont be shy to PM me and I will do my best to help answer your questions.

4 Iron Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar
    another video about the truth of ball flight...some tech terms there, but is a pretty solid visual on relationships of vsp, aoa etc and how they affect ball flight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KN4D...ayer_embedded#!

Thread Information