100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hybrid View

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The water coolers are a health / liability issue. All courses removed them several years ago after a lawsuit in the states.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    The water coolers are a health / liability issue. All courses removed them several years ago after a lawsuit in the states.
    the issue was from several years ago (5?) and they just decided this year to remove them? ok.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    The coolers have been there every year since the course opened... until this year. In fact, I recall that when the whole Norwalk Virus thing happened several years ago management put up little signs saying something along the lines of "We are pleased to continue to bring you fresh drinking water from our coolers which are sanitized daily".

Also, I believe all of the Clublink courses still have them. At least, Eagle Creek does this year and Kanata Lakes did last year.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    The removal of the water coolers is a revenue generation issue.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Some courses put them back now, so presumably it's not that much of an issue any more.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I notice Chateau Cartier has water coolers this year...probably cheaper than the bottle water they used to give each player on the 1st tee.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I notice Chateau Cartier has water coolers this year...probably cheaper than the bottle water they used to give each player on the 1st tee.
    Probably not. 24 bottles can be had for about $4

that's about 20 cents a bottle

200 bottles a day is $40 a day

gotta be cheaper than the coolers

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Probably not. 24 bottles can be had for about $4

that's about 20 cents a bottle

200 bottles a day is $40 a day

gotta be cheaper than the coolers

maybe they are going green for the environment

Lob Wedge luckyme is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I played Chateau yesterday, and you are right - and to my surprise, I saw at least one water cooler. I thought they had put away these many years back due to health concerns.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Played yesterday. The greens were sub-par by Stonebridge standards. Cut longer than usual and not very consistent. Still very playable, but I expect better from that course.
    Surprisingly, practice green was immaculate.

5 Wood Shushu is on a distinguished road Shushu's Avatar
    Played Stonebridge yesterday morning. I must say I was impressed with the conditions. I was a little worried about burnt fairways and greens, but as it turns out they were perfect. As a matter of fact they must have watered the crap out of them as the back nine was a 90 degree rule for carts as it was too moist in some areas. The only complaint I have was the cart girl didn't start her shift until 11 AM, and the halfway house and bar area of the clubhouse was closed. On these hot days some water would have been nice. (Next time I will definetly freeze and bring my own). I was informed about the beer cart start time by the halfway station after the first nine. She was nice enough to give us some cups with ice.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    My bad. I didn't realize they had coolers all this time. I played there last season and didn't notice them.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar

Stonebridge Greens

Playe SB Sat. afternoon, first time this year. Anyone else been out and found the greens significantly slower than previous yrs? I found they rolled beautifully, just not quick like I remember. In general course is in stellar shape and there was virtually nobody out. Maybe 15 cars in the lot when we rolled in at 10:45.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    They have been doing a bunch of seeding/sanding/maintenance on the greens over the last few weeks so they are probably keeping them slow because of that.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by rancherJ View Post
    Playe SB Sat. afternoon, first time this year. Anyone else been out and found the greens significantly slower than previous yrs? I found they rolled beautifully, just not quick like I remember. In general course is in stellar shape and there was virtually nobody out. Maybe 15 cars in the lot when we rolled in at 10:45.
    I played them a week ago and I actually found them faster than previous outings.

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    I also find them quite a bit quicker this year compared to last. Also, as has been mentioned several times, they are really working hard on the greens this year, and this weekend they seemed to be really filling in nicely. I'm anxious to see how they are once they are fully matured after all the maintanance. The rain yesterday will help a ton.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    stonebridge is awesome. i wish the greens were faster like at Loch March or Hautes Plaines that i played yesterday, but I would definitely play SB again.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    stonebridge is awesome. i wish the greens were faster like at Loch March or Hautes Plaines that i played yesterday, but I would definitely play SB again.
    last time I played there the greens were plenty fast - much faster than previous years. Any faster and the ball would never stop rolling on some of the greens which would quickly turn it into a mini putt. HP has very fast greens but with significantly less undulations.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    last time I played there the greens were plenty fast - much faster than previous years. Any faster and the ball would never stop rolling on some of the greens which would quickly turn it into a mini putt. HP has very fast greens but with significantly less undulations.
    then maybe it's a good thing SB's greens aren't any faster. i was leaving all my putts short because they look faster than they are.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    was it your first time at hautes plaines, what did u shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    was it your first time at hautes plaines, what did u shoot?
    the scorecard said 86, but that was hands down the worst golf i've played all year. i think i've played too much golf.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    the scorecard said 86, but that was hands down the worst golf i've played all year. i think i've played too much golf.
    she's a humbling little course, u definetely need a strategy, evey holes got somewhere u cant miss, u cant hit driver every hole on that course, even though it looks like it invites it.

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    she's a humbling little course, u definetely need a strategy, evey holes got somewhere u cant miss, u cant hit driver every hole on that course, even though it looks like it invites it.
    no kidding! i used the driver on the second hole and had to take an X when i could not find my ball. lol

Played SB tonight and the greens are definitely too slow right now. Night and day compared to about a month ago. Not sure if the heat of late has caused them to not cut them as short or as much but they were both bumpy and in need of being cut - they kind of remind me of the Meadows greens. The rest of the course is in great shape.

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    Anyone play recently? Heading there tomorrow for the first time.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I played on Monday of this week for the first time in a couple of years. I could not believe the improvement in the course. The greens were fabulous. My complaint in the past was that there was hardly any actual grass on the greens and what was there was not particularly good. That is no longer the case. They are receptive to well struck shots and they roll very nicely. As well, the knee high grasses that used to nearly line the fairways has been cut back. The result is that one does not have a sense of claustrophobia when standing on the tee. There's room to breathe. The fairways and the rough are equally playable and fair. The layout has remained as excellent as it always has been. All in all, I would give the course at least an 8 out of 10. Given that in the past I would not have rated it 4.5 out of 10, that is a vast improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by iggsplode View Post
    Anyone play recently? Heading there tomorrow for the first time.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

course is in great shape, though with all the rain of late, there could be a few soggy spots on a couple fairways. played a week ago and it was in great shape then.

7 Iron lovemygolf is on a distinguished road
    Played there yesterday in a scramble and I must say the course is in great condition. The greens role fast and true and the fairways are in great shape. I agreee with the previous post about the rough being cut back and the layout is much more pleasing to the eye.

Sand Wedge mygolfgarage is on a distinguished road
    I was in Ottawa last week visiting my folks and I had the opportunity to play Stonebridge. I played it on Oct. 13 and other than a bit of a frost delay the day was very enjoyable. The course is still in very nice condition. Living on Vancouver Island it was great to see an eastern course in that kind of shape at this time of year. I hope to play it again.

Thread Information