100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    And how about the double standard for officiating. If that was Ruutu slamming Crosby into the boards like that there would have been a penalty for sure. There were a number of Penguin fouls that were not called.
    It’s the same in every matchup in these series. The officiating in the Caps-Mtl game is atrocious. In game two when MTL was up 4-1, the Caps crashed the net none stop and two goals should have not counted because of goalie interference. The outcome would have been different. Same goes for the Wings and the Sharks series. Stupid calls or none calls have cost the games. Why don‘t they call what needs to be called and let that be the decisive action of the game. These refs should live in Hollywood.

This is why I respect football. A penalty is called no mater what circumstance…
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    it just gets worse and worse every post season for the Sharks. they should just forfeit the playoffs after the regular season ends. pack it in, and head down to the beach.
    It’s always easy to point blame a team but Anderson is the big story in this one. 103 shots on net on him in the last two games. Makes me think of Roy in 93. When you have a wall between the pipes, no mater how many shots you get they just bounce off the other direction. With healthy back tonight let’s see if Anderson can keep up the stellar performance. Win or lose this is a great experience for the young AVS.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    Spezza is such a mess. Gives away the puck, then dogs it back to see Crosby score, then 3-0 soon after.

Series over I fear, that was the last straw.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    Come on have a little faith. I say Sens in 6 over Pens, nuff said
    Sens in 7 ?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Series is over, 4-1.

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    who was the worse goalie last night -Elliot or Leclaire? Brutal performance.
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Elliott was by far the worse goalie last night. He should have had the Crosby shot coming down the wing and the one where it went between his legs. Leclaire came in cold and stopped a lot of tough shots especially during the penalty kill that took place just after he came in the net. The first two goals on Leclaire, one the deflection by Talbot as he stretched across and the other that Crosby batted out to Kunitz all alone right in front of the net, nobody was stopping. The other goal was one that came on a four on two break during a penalty kill for the Sens, Leclaire made the first stop and Staal banks the rebound in off the post. Leclaire should have controlled the rebound a bit better, however even with the rust I still thought he was the better goalie.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    The worst part of the game was the reffing I was at the arena last night and people were throwing beer and towels at the stripey ***s. I definitely sympathized.

In fairness, the Sens had brutal goaltending from Elliot in the 2nd period, a mediocre performance by LeClaire (rebound control? What rebound control...) and besides that, they just weren't skating or working as hard as the Pens from the opening puck drop.

I would have liked to see a fair game, even though the Sens likely would have lost it anyways. It pisses me off to see the refs keep Ottawa from even having a chance. Wonder if these were the same refs who gave San Jose the raw deal
    Wannabe Golf

Hybrid Coreythebody is on a distinguished road Coreythebody's Avatar
    Sorry Sens fans...wasn't the refs fault...was the players...goons like Sutton taking too many dumbass penalties and Neil following suit..if you score, then don't push down the opposing player during your celebration...completely stupid!

Never going to win with idiots like that...

They were outplayed...completely dominated by a much more mature team....
    5 Time OG Team member for Ryder Cup

7 Wood Cruban is on a distinguished road Cruban's Avatar
    Agree that the Sens were outplayed and agree about the officiating, brutal, (the best was the no-call on the pits player shooting the puck over the glass in his own end and CBC showed a great camera angle that caught both the ref and linesmen starring right at the play; Regin only entered the screen when the puck was out, yet they said it was deflected....).

I did like the resiliency that the Sens showed in fighting back and i thought the crowd was awesome. I've been/seen too many games where it seems that half the arena is asleep/doesn't care; that was not the case last night.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    They should had change goalie at 3-0... that was an easy call.

Penalty on Neil was lame and the delayed the game penalty should had been called... The refs are doing a poor job in every game... and Toronto is not helping.

Still don't understand how they could say that Sedin kick the puck in the net when his head is up in the air because he has a stick around his neck... and last night they gave the Wings a goal when Zettenberg deflected the puck way higher than 4 feet (height of the net). There reason, Bertuzzi also deflected it after Zettenberg... No he didn't.

Don't know what is happening this year... if the video replay person can't make the right called we are ion trouble...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    The worst part of that game was the entire team. Neither goalie played great, but neither goalie cost them the game. You give the best player in the game a partial break, and he will score. You leave a guy wide open in the slot...he will score. You generally look like a bunch of chumps with no interest in skating, and your goalie isn't going to play the greatest behind you.

The sens played like ass, with the exception of brief periods. There was no discerneable forecheck at most times. There first goal was a result of Carkner getting ** with his forwards and deciding the only way they would generate any offence was if he went into the corner himself.

When have you ever seen a team take 2 too many men penalties in one game, let alone one period?

The Pens were and are the better team, and that's okay. What's not okay is losing like that. They did not get beat by the better team - they beat themselves. They played undisciplined, they didn't close down in their own zone, they didn't forecheck. They played terrible hockey. I mean, how many times does Malkin have to score from that spot for them to realize they can't give him that much space? You've got 2 guys biting on Gonchar, and leaving the sniper wide open in his wheelhouse.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    How many assists for the Pens does Spezza now have. He's one of their most productive players.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

9 Iron DLIII is on a distinguished road

Goodness

The refs have nothing to do with the sens losing and it certainly isn't taking away form the series. The sens no show is taking away form the series.

A missed call isn't going to change the game all these sens fans whining about officiating and the sens got 2 5-3 power plays. GEEZ.

I'm tired of hearing about the vancouver goal. If it happened in the last 30 seconds yeah I agree. However VAN came back and scored 1 minute later. So the controversial call is done. The only reason to be upset is if you assume the game would have unfolded exactly the same had the goal counted and that's just not true.

it's not just the call or non call. it's the impact on the game as a whole you have to consider.

Hybrid Coreythebody is on a distinguished road Coreythebody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DLIII View Post
    A missed call isn't going to change the game all these sens fans whining about officiating and the sens got 2 5-3 power plays. GEEZ.
    Exactly!
    5 Time OG Team member for Ryder Cup

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    I never suggested the officiating was the difference maker - neither last night, nor in the series. Anyone who believes that hasn't been watching the game. I said as much in my original post

My problem is not with any of the penalties called against the Sens. Those were all legit, if somewhat more strict than I'd have preferred. My problem is the same standard of what was 'legal' by the refs was not the same for both teams. They missed an obvious delay of game call. They missed a too many men against Pittsburgh on at least one occasion. Flying tackles are also legit if you have a flightless aquatic avian on your jersey, apparently.

Have the Pens outplayed the Senators so far in the series? Absolutely. Do they deserve to be up 3-1? Without a doubt. But at least let me watch my team struggle and fight on a level playing field.
    Wannabe Golf

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Brutal officiating , but the Sens were awful for the most part.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Pens in 5

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    The Sens have been streaky all season so would not be smart to take them lightly tonight! Leclaire gets the start.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    The Sens have been streaky all season so would not be smart to take them lightly tonight! Leclaire gets the start.
    I want to believe, but reality sits there staring me in the face: the Sens are just not as good as the Pens.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkshooter View Post
    I want to believe, but reality sits there staring me in the face: the Sens are just not as good as the Pens.
    other than game 4 this series has been alot closer then people give it credit for. Ottawa played like crap for parts of the last game but so did Pittsburgh. The Sens were out playing the Pens in the third until the non call. Im not giving up on them yet as many in this City have, am I saying they are going to come back and win the next 3 no, but they still have a shot too. Were yet to see the good Sens team in this series and if they show up and play the way we know they can tonight and win they are right back into it!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    We're at the bar watching tonight, and I'll be more interested in the NFL draft. Sens have no chance.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    We're at the bar watching tonight, and I'll be more interested in the NFL draft. Sens have no chance.
    NFL is arrogant! but yeah, i'll be watching it too.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Arrogant? For giving people a choice?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Will the Bills get Clausen?
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    This officiating makes me want to throw up.. Fisher for 4 minutes for what?? JOKE
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Seriously! The level of incompetence in the officiating in all of the series is shocking.......regardless of who you cheer for all 16 of these teams played 82 games to get to the dance and they are met with this kind of officiating??? Nuts

9 Iron DLIII is on a distinguished road
    Stop whining about the refs it's getting pathetic.

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    Win or lose this series Im personally immpressed with Ottawa's no quit attitude. Good for Pascal Leclaire as well. Way to step up big tonight.

Logan Couture just scored his first playof goal for San Jose.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    you missed a good game Donny
    Andrew

Thread Information