100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    This entire Masters has made me believe in the old adage(s)..

"Good things happen to good people."

Phil unselfishly takes a lot of time off to take care of his cancer stricken wife and mother and, in his first Major back, wins. Who wasn't teary eyed when they embrassed after he won?

..And the corollory...

"Bad things happen to bad people."

Tiger makes a half-hearted effort at reform -just to repair his $image$ - and loses. The interview he gave at the end was pathetic!

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by btasse View Post
    Probably all the Tiger fans shut their TV's after he was done playing...... Nobody else is good enough to watch right.....
    Golf is a great sport and has a lot of great players but it just goes to show you that even with Tiger's 5 month layoff playing one of the most difficult courses some of the other players really need to work on their game. Had he won that tournament what would that have said?
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    Golf is a great sport and has a lot of great players but it just goes to show you that even with Tiger's 5 month layoff playing one of the most difficult courses some of the other players really need to work on their game. Had he won that tournament what would that have said?
    That's a big "IF" 'right....... Could have said the same thing for any player in that tournament...... what if this {player name} won. I dont think Tiger was ready, he played OK but not up to his level of play and there was a lot of pressure on him. But you Tiger fan gave him the win before he even teed it up. He did not win.......
    Golfing only thing on my mind.......

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Probably all the Tiger fans shut their TV's after he was done playing...... Nobody else is good enough to watch right.....
    I am a Tiger fan, when he's on the golf course. As I have stated a number of times I couldn't care less what he does outside of golf. Being a Tiger fan doesn't mean that he is the only player I watch. I am fan but he is certainly not my favorite golfer.

I am going to agree with XTOUR with Tiger finishing in a tie for fourth after not playing any competitive golf for 5 months has to say something about how good of a golfer he truly is. If you can't see that than you must be pretty ignorant or just like to play devils advocate. If anyone else did that, they would be the biggest story of the week (I know he was one of the biggest stories of the week but not for that reason). I understand that people are angry and that there are haters out there, but just because you don't like him don't be ignorant to just how good of a golfer he truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    I am a Tiger fan, when he's on the golf course. As I have stated a number of times I couldn't care less what he does outside of golf. Being a Tiger fan doesn't mean that he is the only player I watch. I am fan but he is certainly not my favorite golfer.

I am going to agree with XTOUR with Tiger finishing in a tie for fourth after not playing any competitive golf for 5 months has to say something about how good of a golfer he truly is. If you can't see that than you must be pretty ignorant or just like to play devils advocate. If anyone else did that, they would be the biggest story of the week (I know he was one of the biggest stories of the week but not for that reason). I understand that people are angry and that there are haters out there, but just because you don't like him don't be ignorant to just how good of a golfer he truly is.
    Never said he was not a great golfer; he probably his the best golfer that i have ever seen..... It's the bull you Tiger lover dream up to justify whatever he does, whether he wins or loses. You guys cant stand back and look at the big picture....... You all look at it from Tiger out.

Never said he was not a great golfer; he probably his the best golfer that i have ever seen..... It's the bull you Tiger lover dream up to justify whatever he does, whether he wins or loses. You guys cant stand back and look at the big picture....... You all look at it from Tiger out.
    Please explain the big picture on the golf course...because as a "Tiger lover" I can't seem to see it.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershot View Post
    I can't believe no one on this forum has commented on Tiger's round!
    That huge 30 yard hook to hit the green...
    Amazing! One the 15... 340 drive.. 191 left... one putt for eagle!
    He would be tied or leading if a couple shot putts dropped!
    So entertaining to watch!
    Yes, Tiger , Tiger, Tiger, what about Phil, 376yd drive, hello, how about a 215 yd 7 iron off the pine needles 10ft from the tree, how about back to back eagles folowed by a mere birdie, how about 6 bogeys in 72 holes, but lets talk about Tiger!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Please explain the big picture on the golf course...because as a "Tiger lover" I can't seem to see it.
    Doesn't surprise me........

Doesn't surprise me........
    ...what a joke.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Bubba Watson pulls of more crazy hooks around obstructions in one round than Tiger does all year. What makes Tiger great is his short game.
    Andrew

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    No I guess you don’t get the picture. As a fan, I don’t feel the need to justify or pardon what he has done off the course or his attitude on the course or what he says during his press conference. I like the way he performs. I just don’t care about his personal life and I don’t understand why anyone would care. How does this affect you? Would you care if your neighbor five doors down had done the same thing to his wife? I wouldn’t because it’s none of my business.

The big picture is this, Tiger haters or Tiger attitude haters or what ever you call it, thrive to hate him more then “Tiger lovers”, as some tag us, love him. Post always start with a subject like “WOW, I like that Tiger is back.” And in no time it becomes a lets bash Tiger thread. It’s always the same thing with superstars in other sports also. If the post read “Do you like Tigers “new” attitude” then I could understand but this is pathetic.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Bubba Watson pulls of more crazy hooks around obstructions in one round than Tiger does all year. What makes Tiger great is his short game.
    Tiger sticks it close to the pin and makes a birdie out of it. But I agree, his short game is the best. What we are saying is that he makes thing happen. How many times has Bubba won in the past 5 years pulling off crazy shots like that?
    Last edited by mberube; 04-13-2010 at 02:11 PM.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    no i guess you don’t get the picture. As a fan, i don’t feel the need to justify or pardon what he has done off the course or his attitude on the course or what he says during his press conference. I like the way he performs. I just don’t care about his personal life and i don’t understand why anyone would care. How does this affect you? Would you care if your neighbor five doors down had done the same thing to his wife? I wouldn’t because it’s none of my business.

The big picture is this, tiger haters or tiger attitude haters or what ever you call it, thrive to hate him more then “tiger lovers”, as some tag us, love him. Post always start with a subject like “wow, i like that tiger is back.” and in no time it becomes a lets bash tiger thread. It’s always the same thing with superstars in other sports also. If the post read “do you like tigers “new” attitude” then i could understand but this is pathetic.
    +1 (obviously)

...what a joke.
    Looking at the big picture means looking and evaluating all the players in a golf tournament in terms of their ability and current golf performance and not look at it from one player's perspective. Tiger probably wins 30-35% of the tournaments he plays in. That would mean that you Tiger fans are wrong 65-70% óf the time on your predictions. Get the picture.....

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    No I guess you don’t get the picture. As a fan, I don’t feel the need to justify or pardon what he has done off the course or his attitude on the course or what he says during his press conference. I like the way he performs. I just don’t care about his personal life and I don’t understand why anyone would care. How does this affect you? Would you care if your neighbor five doors down had done the same thing to his wife? I wouldn’t because it’s none of my business.

The big picture is this, Tiger haters or Tiger attitude haters or what ever you call it, thrive to hate him more then “Tiger lovers”, as some tag us, love him. Post always start with a subject like “WOW, I like that Tiger is back.” And in no time it becomes a lets bash Tiger thread. It’s always the same thing with superstars in other sports also. If the post read “Do you like Tigers “new” attitude” then I could understand but this is pathetic.

Duh........

This is turning into a Clublink member trashing......

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Moderator Notice *

Play nice everyone, or this thread will be shut down...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Looking at the big picture means looking and evaluating all the players in a golf tournament in terms of their ability and current golf performance and not look at it from one player's perspective. Tiger probably wins 30-35% of the tournaments he plays in. That would mean that you Tiger fans are wrong 65-70% óf the time on your predictions. Get the picture.....
    Why are you assuming that because I am a tiger fan that I don't cheer for or watch anyone else play? I think it's pretty presumptuous to say that all Tiger fans are strictly Tiger fans and do not watch or cheer for anyone else. I like watching Tiger woods play golf because he's the best in the world at it period. Personally my favourite players on the tour are Poulter, Donald and McIlroy.

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

yes!

The best reply.
    Sometimes I feel there is something more why people hate Tiger.
    What if Tiger was Caucasian?, What if he played hockey? What if he was the second ranked player? What if John Daly behaved the same way?...

Then I wonder about the people who hate Tiger, what is their background?

So many people here (golfers) love to follow all his mishaps off the course and judge him by that. I will still believe that it is none of our business about his private life. He will continue to raise the game of golf and let that be.
    He is a golfer. If all you love to follow that crap - then keep watching Jerry Springer and keep subscribing to The Enquirer. I will never let a pro golfer affect my game or my life negetively, but from Tiger mistakes it makes me be a better husband and father. But what I get the most from Tiger is how he plays the game and the excitement he brings. This motivates me to practice and play more whenever I can. We can all at least say Tiger has brought more to the game then any other person ... ever. Ask any PGA pro out the there and they will agree.
    Did you know that ever golfer he met on Thursday hugged him when they first saw him?
    Bite, Bite!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Jeez louise, how any of you can show so much worship to such a flawed person baffles me.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershot View Post
    The best reply.
    Sometimes I feel there is something more why people hate Tiger.
    What if Tiger was Caucasian?, What if he played hockey? What if he was the second ranked player? What if John Daly behaved the same way?...

Then I wonder about the people who hate Tiger, what is their background?

So many people here (golfers) love to follow all his mishaps off the course and judge him by that. I will still believe that it is none of our business about his private life. He will continue to raise the game of golf and let that be.
    He is a golfer. If all you love to follow that crap - then keep watching Jerry Springer and keep subscribing to The Enquirer. I will never let a pro golfer affect my game or my life negetively, but from Tiger mistakes it makes me be a better husband and father. But what I get the most from Tiger is how he plays the game and the excitement he brings. This motivates me to practice and play more whenever I can. We can all at least say Tiger has brought more to the game then any other person ... ever. Ask any PGA pro out the there and they will agree.
    Did you know that ever golfer he met on Thursday hugged him when they first saw him?

Speaking of Tiger, we were at the Meadows this afternoon and must have seen and heard a forseome of Tiger's Students playing behind us.
    Tree branches being hit by balls followed by the almighty F bomb and club slammming was out in full force.

Thanks Tiger!!!!!
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Jeez louise, how any of you can show so much worship to such a flawed person baffles me.
    Conversely, how anyone can show such antipathy towards someone they've never personally met and who has negligible impact on their life is similarly baffling.

Can't we all just get along?
    Wannabe Golf

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Personally my favourite players on the tour are Poulter, Donald and McIlroy.
    Good man! Add Casey, Westwood and Els to that list and we could be twins!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I like watching Tiger play, its the sense of entitlement that I do not like, from him and his fans. If he misses a putt or a shot we get drama. From the fans and moreso from the analysts on TV it seems when he does not win they need to say that "if only" crap. A perfect example started this thread "He would be tied or leading if a couple shot putts dropped!" Uhm, I guess we cannot say that about any other golfer that day, let's see Freddy, Westwood, ...DUH! I guess the guy who won actually did drop the putts. Phil outplayed the field, and as I said he outdrove Tiger on the par 5 by 36 yds. The caliber of golf came through at the Masters and the intimidation of Tiger is slowly fading.

All I can say Tigershot is if you felt that this Masters would not have been worth watching if he was not in the field you have no clue what golf is.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I like watching Tiger play, its the sense of entitlement that I do not like, from him and his fans. If he misses a putt or a shot we get drama. From the fans and moreso from the analysts on TV it seems when he does not win they need to say that "if only" crap. A perfect example started this thread "He would be tied or leading if a couple shot putts dropped!" Uhm, I guess we cannot say that about any other golfer that day, let's see Freddy, Westwood, ...DUH! I guess the guy who won actually did drop the putts. Phil outplayed the field, and as I said he outdrove Tiger on the par 5 by 36 yds. The caliber of golf came through at the Masters and the intimidation of Tiger is slowly fading.

All I can say Tigershot is if you felt that this Masters would not have been worth watching if he was not in the field you have no clue what golf is.
    Leftylucas, i bow to you..

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Well said Luc!!
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Bouche

Good Response until you said this...All I can say Tigershot is if you felt that this Masters would not have been worth watching if he was not in the field you have no clue what golf is.

Don't forget what Tiger did for the game. It created many casual golfers and even people that don't play golf to watch more and more golf on TV just because of the excitement Tiger brought. It was probably from all the winning he was doing but you cant take that away from him. Just look at how much excitement and how many clutch shots he has made over the 10 years. All this excitement has created such a big fan-base that many people cant foresee a Golf Tournament with out Tiger. Personally, I stopped watching golf as well only because with Tiger in the field, tournaments felt closer to me and more entertaining. Not only that, I want Tiger to win as much as he can because I think he deserves to be up there with Arnold and Jack. He is my favorite golfer and without having him in the field I don't bother watching.

And as for the announcers, they use Tiger like that because like it or not, that is what viewers want to hear. They want to compare every golfer with the best. Who is the best of this decade? Easy, Tiger.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    It was funny because while I enjoy watching Tiger play, I was more looking forward to seeing the other players play instead. He's great and all, it's just others were playing better for the most part.

Bouche
    yes, and Tiger was exciting because he was playing like a 5 handicap.....birdie, bogey, par golf. But in time he will be back to himself that's for sure. He looked good considering the break. If you think about it, its the break we take every year.

Thread Information