100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    So I'm watching ESPN, and they cut in every 15 minutes or so and show highlights from Augusta. They just said that Couples "woke up this morning with a bad back." I figured that walking the hills of Augusta National would be a little bit of a shock to his body after riding in carts on the Champions Tour.

75 today. Not out of it by any means, but I'm not sure he can afford to back up any more, not with the quality of names on the leaderboard.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    I disagree. Putting is what makes Tiger “The Man”. He is the best clutch putting in the game today and arguably of all times. The amount of eagles, birdies and par saves he makes when it counts is unmatched. Yes he can shape the ball when he needs to get out of trouble but he got in trouble because he is often wiled of the tee. His scrambling is his bread and butter and its mostly because he is an amazing putter.
    I agree in the most part, however the shot he pulled off yesterday, I don't believe anyone else could. I think it's a combination of his clutch putting and his ability to get out of trouble when others can't.

7 Wood Fade is on a distinguished road Fade's Avatar
    round 1, hole #9. IMO, Tiger's up and down will stand as best "up and down" of the year.

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

coverage

too bad the when the coverage ended, Tiger was done. What a round by Ian Poulter!
    Bite, Bite!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    did anybody see Lee Westwood's evil stare? that freaked me out.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    It's too bad The Golf Channel doesn't broadcast the coverage. I don't have TSN in HD, and it's just not the same when it's not in HD lol

stupid rogers packages. i guess when you almost have a monopoly, you can do whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    It's too bad The Golf Channel doesn't broadcast the coverage. I don't have TSN in HD, and it's just not the same when it's not in HD lol

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Tiger had his turn yesterday. Looking forward to Saturday and Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Channel must really miss Tiger!!!

Top 2 guys get about 5 mins of coverage even though they are leading the Masters at the half-way pt.

Defending champion gets 10 sec of coverage as he just makes the cut.

Yang, last major champion, gets about 10 sec of coverage.

Meanwhile, they dig up about 2 hours worth of stats on why Tiger is still favored to win the Masters.

Phil got some coverage too. Because if his putt went down on 18, he would be paired with Tiger on Saturday.

I'm a Tiger fan, but jeesh, it's like the people on Golf Channel are obsessed with him!!!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    They definately are.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade View Post
    Golf Channel must really miss Tiger!!!

Top 2 guys get about 5 mins of coverage even though they are leading the Masters at the half-way pt.

Defending champion gets 10 sec of coverage as he just makes the cut.

Yang, last major champion, gets about 10 sec of coverage.

Meanwhile, they dig up about 2 hours worth of stats on why Tiger is still favored to win the Masters.

Phil got some coverage too. Because if his putt went down on 18, he would be paired with Tiger on Saturday.

I'm a Tiger fan, but jeesh, it's like the people on Golf Channel are obsessed with him!!!
    This thread should read "I finally get to watch Tiger"
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

I finally get to watch Tiger.

[QUOTE=NoBack;353220]This thread should read "I finally get to watch Tiger"

I guess it should be.. happy to see the majority of us want to see Tiger!
    Perhaps still the most popular golfer... And I said... golfer... like us!
    Now hopefully he makes a charge late Sunday... I perdict he will go -4 on the back 9 to make the charge.
    Great round Phil.. can he and Westwood keep it together?... -13 wins the tourney.
    Bite, Bite!

Timbuktu
    It will be Woods or Phil that wins. Westwood will cave to the pressure as he tries to stick to pars through the front as most 54 hole leaders do as their first time pontential major champion. My guess Tiger will card a 67 and win, Phil will try and do something magical on 15 after trailing by 1(at that point) and plunk it in the water. Albeit exciting to watch Phil really had no business being in the last group, then again neither would have Tiger with the way he sprayed the ball.

As well all know The Masters doesn't start till the back-9 on Sunday.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Tiger didn't make an impression on the leaders today. Now what's the guess on when you will get to watch golf again?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Tiger didn't make an impression on the leaders today. Now what's the guess on when you will get to watch golf again?
    Quail Hollow or The Players.

Still an impressive finish... for a 5 month layoff... but it wasn;t a relaxing 5 months...
    till the next tourney he plays.. and I predict a win!
    Bite, Bite!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Freddy won't last. He's been playing in carts the whole year, hitting wedges into par 4s. And, we all know that his stroke gets a little yippy under pressure. Hell, he yipped it on the 17th, but it still went in.

He'll get tired and his putter will cool off.

I'm hoping for a Phil-T Watson-T Woods showdown.
    Apparently Freddy was not paying any attention to what you had to say about him.

I was happy see Phil win his third Masters.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershot View Post
    Still an impressive finish... for a 5 month layoff... but it wasn;t a relaxing 5 months...
    till the next tourney he plays.. and I predict a win!
    How is it impressive finish? He got worse as the week went on
    I think he needs another 5 months off. You wont have to watch the game until October

btw.... in his next tourny I predict 3 wins for Tiger (yeah he is just soooooooooooooooooooo darn good

just another Tiger basher...

Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post
    I think he needs another 5 months off. You wont have to watch the game until October

btw.... in his next tourny I predict 3 wins for Tiger (yeah he is just soooooooooooooooooooo darn good
    Cut the guy some slack. He proved that he can still compete. T-4 is still impressive, as many thought he would miss the cut. This was a great test for he mental game as he had the most distractions out of all the players. Phil deserved to win, but Tiger is still the #1 golfer in the world. You must admit that Tiger can still play... shooting 69 with his 'C' game is amazing.
    Bite, Bite!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    You should work for the Golf Channel.

Did you miss the spoiled brat's interview after his round? Pathetic. "I came to win and I didn't I'm taking my golf ball and going home."
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    Like him or not, you have to admit he played well. He left a ton of shots out there (left one in the bunker, mental lapse on the three-putt). I still think Phil was the best golfer in the field, but he's also #2 in the world, so the best of the best came to play this week.

The post-round interview was a bit pouty, but winners never make excuses for their poor play. Did you really expect him to say "Yeah, I did okay for being out of competition for a while - everything considered, I chalk it up as a success"? No top tier professional golfer enters a tournament to finish 4th, regardless of the circumstances. I really don't know what you guys want from Tiger, but I have a feeling it wouldn't matter anyway.

He's the sport's punching bag right now, and I suppose it'll take dominant victories to change that. Although at that point, he'll be accused of receiving too much coverage - so I suppose it's a no-win situation really.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Apparently Freddy was not paying any attention to what you had to say about him.

I was happy see Phil win his third Masters.
    Just imagine if he could putt!

Definitely was wrong about Freddy getting tired/back aching. You'll notice that the one day he had to play in the morning, he was sore and played average.

What is it like to hate someone (someone that you don't know, mind you) so much that it prevents you from making objective judgements?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    You should work for the Golf Channel.

Did you miss the spoiled brat's interview after his round? Pathetic. "I came to win and I didn't I'm taking my golf ball and going home."
    exactly

Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershot View Post
    Cut the guy some slack. He proved that he can still compete. T-4 is still impressive, as many thought he would miss the cut. This was a great test for he mental game as he had the most distractions out of all the players. Phil deserved to win, but Tiger is still the #1 golfer in the world. You must admit that Tiger can still play... shooting 69 with his 'C' game is amazing.
    You should go back and read all your posts, cause it's funny....He's going to win, he's going to win, he's going to win, well he did OK.... Whatever.

The guy doesn't have a clue where his ball is going off the tee and you think he's doing great. Even Tiger admits that he has a swing problem.

Tiger only shot the scores he did because the course at Augusta is immaculate. Put that game of his right now on any golf courses with decent rough and he will be lucky to break par. His short game though still looks pretty good.
    Golfing only thing on my mind.......

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    What is it like to hate someone (someone that you don't know, mind you) so much that it prevents you from making objective judgements?
    I dont hate the guy. I liked the shot he made on #9 on thursday.

What I do hate is that all the media thinks there is only one golfer on the planet. I hate the fact on thursday at The Masters, 70% of the show was Tiger and then they split the other air time between 143 other players. I know its not his fault but you wanted to know. This has been posted before and will again.

There should be 2 TV feeds at all PGA events even when Tiger is not in the field. A new golf channel that will show EVERY golfer, including ALL the contenders, the favorites. Then TCG can change their name to "The Tiger Channel" and continue on its suckup traditionnal ways!!

Bouche
    I dont hate the guy. I liked the shot he made on #9 on thursday.

What I do hate is that all the media thinks there is only one golfer on the planet. I hate the fact on thursday at The Masters, 70% of the show was Tiger and then they split the other air time between 143 other players. I know its not his fault but you wanted to know. This has been posted before and will again.

There should be 2 TV feeds at all PGA events even when Tiger is not in the field. A new golf channel that will show EVERY golfer, including ALL the contenders, the favorites. Then TCG can change their name to "The Tiger Channel" and continue on its suckup traditionnal ways!!
    The media coverage was very well distributed for the masters. It was not the Tiger show. They showed the top 10 constantly. It was a thrill to watch, its unfortunate Phil had to win.

Tiger was looking real good but you could tell he was not in tip-top form. Give him time and he will become the same dominant player he was previously. I mean to play as bad as he did and score as good as he did should just make the players on the tour cringe.

I dont think it will be long for his next win.

3 Wood Slicer&Dicer is on a distinguished road
    He doesn't handle defeat well. I love the Pouty Tiger, means he lost.

Maybe this is his way of being totally honest of what he feels inside and maybe it's part of what makes his game so great, i.e. nothing is good enough. For some reason, I don't think he would have really been happy even if he had won.

I believe that he will never show the grace of a true champion in defeat which is why he will never be respected and loved as much as other champions.

Maybe that's also why some of us suspect that he will never change.
    "Bubba-Size Your Drive"

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SGH View Post
    Like him or not, you have to admit he played well. He left a ton of shots out there (left one in the bunker, mental lapse on the three-putt). I still think Phil was the best golfer in the field, but he's also #2 in the world, so the best of the best came to play this week.

The post-round interview was a bit pouty, but winners never make excuses for their poor play. Did you really expect him to say "Yeah, I did okay for being out of competition for a while - everything considered, I chalk it up as a success"? No top tier professional golfer enters a tournament to finish 4th, regardless of the circumstances. I really don't know what you guys want from Tiger, but I have a feeling it wouldn't matter anyway.

He's the sport's punching bag right now, and I suppose it'll take dominant victories to change that. Although at that point, he'll be accused of receiving too much coverage - so I suppose it's a no-win situation really.
    Well said. Some are just jealous of successful athletes especially the ones that rule the game. Finishing T-4 in this tournament is, in by book, a better performance all things considered then all his past victories. With everything on his mind and the negative attention, any mortal would have missed the cut.

Phil on the other hand had lost on his mind also. Good for him and his wife. That was a sentimental win.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer&Dicer View Post
    He doesn't handle defeat well. I love the Pouty Tiger, means he lost.

Maybe this is his way of being totally honest of what he feels inside and maybe it's part of what makes his game so great, i.e. nothing is good enough. For some reason, I don't think he would have really been happy even if he had won.

I believe that he will never show the grace of a true champion in defeat which is why he will never be respected and loved as much as other champions.

Maybe that's also why some of us suspect that he will never change.
    Well I’m too young to recall but wasn’t Hogan a “Pouty” Hogan and poor communicator? He is still viewed as a great champion.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Thread Information