100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    the intimidation of Tiger is slowly fading.
    I agree, and we'll see just how much that intimidation factor has diminished as the season goes on, but I just can't see other tour players giving him the same respect he used to get.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    What was the comment from his fellow PGA members when they shook his hand welcoming him back for the season?

Thanks for not telling my wife!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Personally, I stopped watching golf as well only because with Tiger in the field, tournaments felt closer to me and more entertaining. Not only that, I want Tiger to win as much as he can because I think he deserves to be up there with Arnold and Jack. He is my favorite golfer and without having him in the field I don't bother watching.

Thats all good and fine, but the GOLF FAN wants more than just Tiger. You can watch golf 8-12 times a year and that may good for you, but I like to watch it all year long. I like to see ALL the favorites and especiually the guys on the top of the leaderboard on sunday afternoon. Not just the guy sitting 5 shots back called Tiger.

Like I said earlier, they should have a feed that is on Tiger all the time for you and all the Tiger lovers and a second feed for those who want to see a full field. Works for me
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post
    Thats all good and fine, but the GOLF FAN wants more than just Tiger. You can watch golf 8-12 times a year and that may good for you, but I like to watch it all year long. I like to see ALL the favorites and especiually the guys on the top of the leaderboard on sunday afternoon. Not just the guy sitting 5 shots back called Tiger.

Like I said earlier, they should have a feed that is on Tiger all the time for you and all the Tiger lovers and a second feed for those who want to see a full field. Works for me

As I said, the media had good coverage.m Tiger was in contention for most of the tournament and they showed him equally between all the contenders

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post

The reality of it is, most people want to see Tiger. Yes, it is annoying for people who are not Tiger fans, but the majority of the golf watching public like seeing Tiger. Not the majority of people on this board, but this board is not an accurate demographic representation of golf consumers. We are the most hardcore of the hardcore - not your typical weekend fans. TV stations don't care about us, as we will watch either way.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    We are the most hardcore of the hardcore - not your typical weekend fans. TV stations don't care about us, as we will watch either way.
    ...and this way it will always be.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    But that's fine with me, as long as I get to watch golf for the next 50 or 60 years, god willing. I don't care who's swinging the stick, I just love watching the game. Now I don't want to see the same person every shot. I imagine we'll get to that though, like Nascar. You can watch a certain PPV channel and follow your golfer through 18 holes. I'd take the Red Zone version (NFL talk).
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Thread Information