CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

I can finally watch golf!!!

I can't believe no one on this forum has commented on Tiger's round!
    That huge 30 yard hook to hit the green...
    Amazing! One the 15... 340 drive.. 191 left... one putt for eagle!
    He would be tied or leading if a couple shot putts dropped!
    So entertaining to watch!
    Bite, Bite!

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    I agree. Really enjoyed watching today. And the shot on 9 was sick. Lots of good golf and tiger played well. Gonna be a fun weekend. Would love to see tiger and Freddy in the same group together

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    tiger's putting is the only part of his game that's human. he's the surgeon general with the other clubs.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

3 Wood Slicer&Dicer is on a distinguished road
    He missed a few putts but he also got a few good breaks, like bouncing out of the woods and getting a good bouce off a mound near the green on one of the holes on the front nine I think.

He's in fine form, so that if he loses, there will be no excuses.
    "Bubba-Size Your Drive"

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I thought he played very well and his best performance was with the patrons and his fellow golfers.He really has loosened up and seems to be enjoying his round.I only hope he continues after all the dust settles.Now how about my man Freddy !!!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    There are a lot of haters here who believe that Tiger owes them a personal appology and an in depth briefing on all of his activities. For these types Tiger can do no good period.... I hope that Tiger is in contention on Sunday just so they all have to suffer through each and every one of his strokes

The World #1 is back, and Golf is better for it IMO

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I expected there to be more coverage on Tigers round today. I'm sure they didn't miss any of his shots, but it didn't seem like there were focusing on him drinking out of his water bottle or snacking on a banana today. I'm sure there will be some on here that will complain that we would have been better off seeing highlights from Jim Furyk's stellar round today, but it seemed pretty spread out.

I'm puting aside my hope for a Tiger victory to shut up the haters, in favour of a wire to wire Freddy show. Always loved that guys swing, and the fact that he looked like he showed up at the course straight from a regatta was pretty cool.

Anyway I'm glad that televised golf is somewhat interesting for me again, even if it's only for a week.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershot View Post
    I can't believe no one on this forum has commented on Tiger's round!
    That huge 30 yard hook to hit the green...
    Amazing! One the 15... 340 drive.. 191 left... one putt for eagle!
    He would be tied or leading if a couple shot putts dropped!
    So entertaining to watch!
    Too easy to comment here
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Tiger played beautifully. He's hitting his driver and his irons better than when he last played. I'm impressed. Great round, but so too was the magic that was weaved by Messrs. Watson and Couples. Gotta love those seniors.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

3 Wood Slicer&Dicer is on a distinguished road
    What about Phil ?

I think he did pretty good for a change, nice to see,

Gotta love watson too.

P.S. I want nothing from Tiger but if he took the weekend off to go be with his family I would understand,
    "Bubba-Size Your Drive"

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I was really impressed with Tiger's round, that shot on 9 was incredible. Putting is definitely a bit off, but he played well. I didn't think he'd be able to come back and compete like this so soon, he looks great out there.

Even better than Tiger's performance though is the leaderboard, it's stacked! The tournament is looking great so far.

Great to hear..

It is finally good to hear positive things about Tiger. Finally!
    On this forum we are golfers and should only care for what he does on the course.
    Boy was it exciting today.. this will be a great Masters... even if Tiger doesn't win.. he is back and has his game in order!
    Bite, Bite!

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Freddy won't last. He's been playing in carts the whole year, hitting wedges into par 4s. And, we all know that his stroke gets a little yippy under pressure. Hell, he yipped it on the 17th, but it still went in.

He'll get tired and his putter will cool off.

I'm hoping for a Phil-T Watson-T Woods showdown.

Such expertise on Freddie! Don't write him off so quickly. The only part of his game that is suspect is his putting. The rest will match up nicely with the younger guys on the PGA Tour. For my part, I hope the magic continues.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Freddy won't last. He's been playing in carts the whole year, hitting wedges into par 4s. And, we all know that his stroke gets a little yippy under pressure. Hell, he yipped it on the 17th, but it still went in.

He'll get tired and his putter will cool off.

I'm hoping for a Phil-T Watson-T Woods showdown.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    and his back

When you guys receive an Xmas present do you rejoice in having received the unexpected or do you fret over the many ways in which it could break, cost you money or disappoint you? Somehow, I suspect it's the latter.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Great day of golf overall and some nice surprises. That is Tiger's best first round of the Masters ever. His best previous was a 70 in round one.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong. Freddy has always been my favourite guy on tour. I hope he and those shoes can pull off the unbelievable. But, I did also see the way he was walking by the end of the round, and am not sure his body will hold up as long as his game.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Don't get me wrong. Freddy has always been my favourite guy on tour. I hope he and those shoes can pull off the unbelievable. But, I did also see the way he was walking by the end of the round, and am not sure his body will hold up as long as his game.
    Sadly, I think the same thing...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

I don't disagree. Even yesterday, his back seemed on the verge of seizing up. I've got my fingers crossed that it doesn't. My dream scenario would be to see Tiger, Freddie and Tom in the final group or two on Sunday. Now that would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    When you guys receive an Xmas present do you rejoice in having received the unexpected or do you fret over the many ways in which it could break, cost you money or disappoint you? Somehow, I suspect it's the latter.
    In no way do I consider Fred Couples leading the Masters "an Xmas present."

Much the way that Tiger had everyone fooled, so does Couples.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Go Freddy! Go Phil!

Nice to see Tiger golfing again, that shot on 9 was WOW. How many eagle putts did he have today, 3?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    There are a lot of haters here who believe that Tiger owes them a personal appology and an in depth briefing on all of his activities. For these types Tiger can do no good period.... I hope that Tiger is in contention on Sunday just so they all have to suffer through each and every one of his strokes

The World #1 is back, and Golf is better for it IMO
    You opened the door, so I'm going to step in...

I've probably the most pronounced "Tiger-hater" here. As I have stated in the past, based on personal experience with Tiger himself, that he was not the person that he was made out to be in the media. I never once doubted his skill at the game of golf, and I always felt that he could be doing more to promote the game, especially with children attending the events he was playing in.

When the story broke of his infidelity, I felt bad for all of the people who held him in such high regard, and I especially felt bad for the people closest to him that he hurt terribly at that moment and in the years to come. I never wanted a personal apology, I never liked the man so I didn't really care. It was a vindication that my personal opinions of his character were accurate. I was looking for a public statement, a sincere public statement, that he had wronged the people that he was closest to, and to take responsibility for his actions. Staged as it may have been, the first press release served that purpose. Now it is up to him to try and remember the joy in the game and in life in general, with his kids and wife.

And as for his personal life, as long as his wife and kids are happy, he can do what he wants. Just don't pretend to be something he is not.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    tiger's putting is the only part of his game that's human. he's the surgeon general with the other clubs.
    I disagree. Putting is what makes Tiger “The Man”. He is the best clutch putting in the game today and arguably of all times. The amount of eagles, birdies and par saves he makes when it counts is unmatched. Yes he can shape the ball when he needs to get out of trouble but he got in trouble because he is often wiled of the tee. His scrambling is his bread and butter and its mostly because he is an amazing putter.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Shooting a 68 and having his B- putting day... He missed 4 short ones... (the one on 18?)
    Could have been so LOW.....
    It is so true he makes the putts and gets up and down when he needs to.
    He is also driving the ball further and staight. Must be that new shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    I disagree. Putting is what makes Tiger “The Man”. He is the best clutch putting in the game today and arguably of all times. The amount of eagles, birdies and par saves he makes when it counts is unmatched. Yes he can shape the ball when he needs to get out of trouble but he got in trouble because he is often wiled of the tee. His scrambling is his bread and butter and its mostly because he is an amazing putter.
    Bite, Bite!

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    You opened the door, so I'm going to step in...

I've probably the most pronounced "Tiger-hater" here. As I have stated in the past, based on personal experience with Tiger himself, that he was not the person that he was made out to be in the media. I never once doubted his skill at the game of golf, and I always felt that he could be doing more to promote the game, especially with children attending the events he was playing in.
    Finally, something that we can agree on.......
    Last edited by Hacker; 04-09-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Hybrid Coreythebody is on a distinguished road Coreythebody's Avatar
    Like him or hate him...that was an absolutely awesome shot!
    5 Time OG Team member for Ryder Cup

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    What happened to Sandy Lyle??
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    What happened to Sandy Lyle??
    He remembered that he isn't supposed to be able to play at that level any more....

8 Iron jlr_1304 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    He remembered that he isn't supposed to be able to play at that level any more....
    Yup : a nice 86 following yesterday's 69...

Thread Information