100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

E21 shafts... worth a shot???

should i try these out?? they've been out for a while and looks like they never really caught on. any reviews?
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    I had a set that I bought from a GTA club fitter. I used them for a about a month until I noticed that they were all bending at the hosel. That was my experience. I haven't heard of any others e21 shafts doing that.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    My son had a set and they were very hard to sell after he pulled them.They are expensive to buy and I did not find them better than any other good shaft out there.

Par il-terrifico is on a distinguished road

e21

If you want to try some, I have an older set of E21 irons with the shafts in.

Shock absorption is awesome. They are a little short for me, but I still use the 3 and 4 irons.

They won't compensate too much for a poor swing, but when you hit them nice, they feel even more accurate than a regular shaft.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by il-terrifico View Post

They won't compensate too much for a poor swing

dammit
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Birdie Weirfan is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    I had a set that I bought from a GTA club fitter. I used them for a about a month until I noticed that they were all bending at the hosel. That was my experience. I haven't heard of any others e21 shafts doing that.

contary to the propaganda thatcame from the dealers these shafts were extremely prone to bending

e21 shafts were one of the greatest rip off schemes that has ever been seen in clubmaking history.....many unsrupulous dealers were charging upwards of $80 a shaft for these.....unfricken beliveable

I have many scrupulous friends that are in the business and each and every one of the dropped this product after they had a chance to test them and see how poor they were.

you'll get arguments from those who carried and promoted the shafts but that is only becasuse they are trying to justify their chikanery (sp) They will say that bending was not a problem......it was a huge problem after all they were a predominantly alloy shaft with lots of aluminum in them!!

there was nothing unique about these shafts except they offered decent vibration dampening
    Last edited by Weirfan; 04-06-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Thread Information