100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Iron mess1414 is on a distinguished road

Taylor Made Tour Burner Irons

Hi Everyone

I am looking to move from my Ben Hogans Apex Edge Pro Irons with a set of Taylor Made Tour Burner Irons.

A little background.
    I am a 7 handicap and hit my 8,9,PW well. My 7,6,5 are ok not great, but not bad.... a little inconsistent.

I was looking to change/upgrade my irons and a friend told me to try the Tour Burners.

Does anyone have any feedback from using these irons?

Thanks

Sand Wedge ViciousEgo is on a distinguished road ViciousEgo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mess1414 View Post
    Hi Everyone

I am looking to move from my Ben Hogans Apex Edge Pro Irons with a set of Taylor Made Tour Burner Irons.

A little background.
    I am a 7 handicap and hit my 8,9,PW well. My 7,6,5 are ok not great, but not bad.... a little inconsistent.

I was looking to change/upgrade my irons and a friend told me to try the Tour Burners.

Does anyone have any feedback from using these irons?

Thanks
    I went to GTown to hit a few different sets after the 2010 'Hotlist' came out. Did not try the tour ones, however I did try the Burner Plus set as well as the Nike Slingshot and Callaway X-22's. I did like the feel of the Taylormade irons and I am still on the hunt to replace my Nike CPR set. Was not happy with the Slingshots and the X-22's were a little pricey for not coming with any Hybrids. You'll find your opinion is better served when you hit the clubs yourself. Just go in later in the day. An hour or so before closing, the guys in Kanata let you hit all the balls you want as long as there is no lineup.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I have a set of '09 Tour Burners and I absolutely LOVE them

1 Iron infinity13 is on a distinguished road infinity13's Avatar
    Bought a set for my dad just a couple months ago. They are really nice Irons, not sure for a 7 handicap if they will be too easy for you to hit, as they are very forgiving. May also make you better from your 7 iron down! As Viscious Ego said, might be best to go hit them see if they suit you.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I had a set for a season and loved them.Depending on the shafts,I found they launch high,witch is good for me cause I have a low ball flight.As you are aware,thelofts are stonger on these and the factory shaft lenght is a bit longer also compared to others,so your 7 iron basically becomes a 6 1/2 iron.Just get used to the extra yards and your fine.I dont think there is a better all around iron than the Burners imho.

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    Love mine very east to hit med flight for me but i dont hit the ball high

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    I too went to golftown and hit a few different sets off the hotlist. (I'm a 12 cap)
    I tried the R9 TPs, Ping i15s, Titleist AP2s and Mizuno MP58s. I loved the MP58s and AP2s. I found the R9 TPs and i15s to not have a very good feel, but that's just me.
    That's just my experience, although I am thinking that the Burner's might be a bit more of a mid-capper's iron.
    You should definitely hit a few different ones and do some comparing.
    Even I've never heard of me

5 Iron mess1414 is on a distinguished road
    Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the feedback. I have become a regular at Golf Town at lunch time hitting many different irons. (Titleist AP2, Titleist Z*B, Callaway X22 Tour, Mizuno 58, Adams (can not remember which ones) and the Burners.)

With that according to the simulators (not sure I believe them) as stated I was hitting the Burners almost a full club farther. Which is one of the reasons I reached out for some input because you do not really get a feel for a true ball flight on those simulators.

The one thing I did decide to due was I have a fitting on Monday to find out the proper setup of the irons for me. Hopefully he can make me feel more secure about what I should be buying for my game.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    You will be hitting them longer for sure as I stated.I did the test with my Cally X forged 7 iron and compared to the Burner,was getting about 15 to 20 yards more with the Burner.Same result on the course.
    The simulator is good for comparing clubs but, i wouldnt go by the total yards that they claim on the screen.

Thread Information