100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

Wedges - Founders club?

So I recently found out the golftown gift card I got for christmas has more money on it than expected. I really need some new wedges. I've got Clevelands at the moment, which I love, but the grooves are getting very worn. The 53 is pretty bad, with a couple dings too. the 57 is basically grooveless, but it often isn't in my bag, so its a lower priority. Also have a 60 which I use a lot, but its not terribly worn.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide whether to wait for a sale and pick up 1 brand name wedge and a couple of gloves, or whether I should maybe go with the Founder Club (I could pick up two wedges that way). I'm definitely leaning towards that option, as my golf budget is extremely limited. Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the Founders Club, good or bad. Will I really notice a difference with a bigger name? Or is it pretty trivial at this point, with the new groove rules.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Jon PM sent re: Wedges

4 Iron JoeldMtl is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    So I recently found out the golftown gift card I got for christmas has more money on it than expected. I really need some new wedges. I've got Clevelands at the moment, which I love, but the grooves are getting very worn. The 53 is pretty bad, with a couple dings too. the 57 is basically grooveless, but it often isn't in my bag, so its a lower priority. Also have a 60 which I use a lot, but its not terribly worn.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide whether to wait for a sale and pick up 1 brand name wedge and a couple of gloves, or whether I should maybe go with the Founder Club (I could pick up two wedges that way). I'm definitely leaning towards that option, as my golf budget is extremely limited. Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the Founders Club, good or bad. Will I really notice a difference with a bigger name? Or is it pretty trivial at this point, with the new groove rules.
    I have a Founders Club 52* (with the copper back and front coloring) and I love it. I don't know about spin etc compared to other clubs, but it just seems to go where I want it to. Very easy for me to hit (large face). It's a go to type of club - trustworthy.

Timbuktu
    I'm really loving the Taylor Made Z TP's on sale for 98.88

http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/s...-P8335C24.aspx

Thread Information