+ Reply to Thread
    5 Iron MikeL is on a distinguished road MikeL's Avatar

Capital Golf Course

I was informed that the Capital Golf Course has been open since Monday (22nd), and I was wondering if anyone has played that course since? What were the conditions of the course/greens?

I'm looking for a course to practice my short game, and par 3's seems to be the logical choice (for me). It helps me determining distances with my irons, which I have a hard time judging at drving ranges.

Thanks.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I was actually the very first person to play the course this year, all alone last Thursday. It is a great place to practice your short approaches as most holes are around 85-125yards with a couple a little longer and the greens are very small.

However, it was very wet and the condition of the greens (very shaggy and bumpy) made putting pretty much a lottery. Despite that, it was great fun and for $15 was better than a bucket balls.

5 Iron MikeL is on a distinguished road MikeL's Avatar
    That sounds good enough for me - thanks.

Looking at the weather, should be pretty dry Friday around noon time.

Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    I was actually the very first person to play the course this year, all alone last Thursday. It is a great place to practice your short approaches as most holes are around 85-125yards with a couple a little longer and the greens are very small.

However, it was very wet and the condition of the greens (very shaggy and bumpy) made putting pretty much a lottery. Despite that, it was great fun and for $15 was better than a bucket balls.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I was informed that the Capital Golf Course has been open since Monday (22nd), and I was wondering if anyone has played that course since? What were the conditions of the course/greens?

I'm looking for a course to practice my short game, and par 3's seems to be the logical choice (for me). It helps me determining distances with my irons, which I have a hard time judging at drving ranges.

Thanks.
    Another option at that end of town is Raceview. Its not a par-3 course but an "executive" 9-hole course - a lot of short par-4's where an iron off the tee is often the best choice. The conditions in the spring are usually quite good and the greens are slow but playable. There's also an excellent driving range and short-game practice area there.

Thread Information