100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood Evil Chris is on a distinguished road Evil Chris's Avatar

Where has Tiger's passion gone?

Like most of you I watch a lot of golf on TV. Usually some on Saturdays and a little more on the final round Sundays.

Something I have noticed is that Tiger Woods just does not have the same passion for the game as he used to. Very little facial expressions now, he barely acknowledges the gallery, and I can't remember the last time I saw one of his fist-pumps after a great putt.

What's going on with him? Some say that his wife-to-be is a part of the reason. Maybe... but I'm not sure. What do the rest of you think?
    [url=http://www.zeemine.com/]Zeemine[/url]

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    Sometimes I wonder if he's bored with competitive golf. He's very young, lots of money, great looking girlfriend....more trophies than shelf space. Maybe he's going through a period of "whatever's"..

I often wonder what drove the greats of golf to compete week after week after pretty much winning every major out there.

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    I haven't seen anybody play the game as good as he did. I certaily hope I see him pump his fist and show us some of his majics again.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Hard to be as passionate now as he was when he was at the top of the game. He played well today, no doubt, and I see what you mean. I imagine if he was making lots of birdies and passing the leader he'd be more exited about it.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chris
    I can't remember the last time I saw one of his fist-pumps after a great putt.
    He'd have to make a great putt first, that's why you aren't seeing the fist-pump. Why pump your fist if you're not winning or making great shots?

I for one am totally unimpressed with this guy, and hope he either gets back atop his game or just falls into obscurity. Too much time is wasted debating his current slump.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    He'd have to make a great putt first, that's why you aren't seeing the fist-pump. Why pump your fist if you're not winning or making great shots?

I for one am totally unimpressed with this guy, and hope he either gets back atop his game or just falls into obscurity. Too much time is wasted debating his current slump.

Dan
    My question is why does a player that dominates the tour like nobody’s business would want to change or rebuild his swing?

But Dan is right. The media and TV should ignore him hem he is not making a move or not on the first page of the leaderboard. Treat him like every other player. It might be what he needs to bring him back to the top of his game.

I am just sad that Phil did not get in the playoff today. It would of made things a lot more interesting.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    ... The media and TV should ignore him hem he is not making a move or not on the first page of the leaderboard. Treat him like every other player. It might be what he needs to bring him back to the top of his game.
    The British media, who were controlling the feed from the British Open nicely followed your advice. They simply did not show Tiger, since he was a non-factor. And a good thing it was. We actually got to watch the guys who were playing for the claret jug.

One final comment. Mike Trico may be a nice person, but he really should not be doing golf. Am I the only one, or are there others out there who would appreciate it if he would muzzle up occasionally? He is afraid of silence and tranquility. And worse, he fills the void with inane chatter. This is not surprising. He simply does not appear to really understand the game of golf. He must have told us 50 times that Todd Hamilton was from a small town in the USA. And who really wants to know that one of the players is off to the loo? Mike must think it's important. He couldn't wait to tell us on Saturday that Todd Hamilton was off "to the toilet." This is important stuff!!!
    Last edited by mpare; 07-18-2004 at 10:12 PM.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    maybe he's just afraid that if he celebrates too much, or shows to much emotion, people are going to start complaining that he's not showing the proper golf course manner :shake

seems the guy can't do anything without everyone riding his ass. That being said, I'm glad the slump continues

What about the reporter asking Ben Curtis about his father and his Pig business. And he wanted to know about Ben being involved with raising pig. My question is what the heck is the matter with you reporters, The guy is there to defend his championship, he is not there to talk about pigs and auctioning them. Although Ben was very polite about it and he kept on saying that he learned a lot from meeting his father business partners, But how far do these reporters have to go to make a story.?
    The only relation I see between Pigs and Golf is being a golf pig. There you got it Colby.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chris
    Like most of you I watch a lot of golf on TV. Usually some on Saturdays and a little more on the final round Sundays.

Something I have noticed is that Tiger Woods just does not have the same passion for the game as he used to. Very little facial expressions now, he barely acknowledges the gallery, and I can't remember the last time I saw one of his fist-pumps after a great putt.

What's going on with him? Some say that his wife-to-be is a part of the reason. Maybe... but I'm not sure. What do the rest of you think?
    The guy is getting married and he has other things on his mind. I just realized that over the weekend. I remember the months leading up to my wedding it certainly ate up some brain cycles. Like Jack Nicklaus said. "Everyone gets confused about their game at some point". Jack got it back after 12 majors and so will TW. I'm looking forward to the dominating golf we saw in 2000. 4 straight majors. Not 4 straight seconds or top tens. 4 straight wins. That was inicredible. I'm starting to appreciate it more now that PM is having so much trouble winning his second.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    The guy is getting married and he has other things on his mind. I just realized that over the weekend. I remember the months leading up to my wedding it certainly ate up some brain cycles. Like Jack Nicklaus said. "Everyone gets confused about their game at some point". Jack got it back after 12 majors and so will TW. I'm looking forward to the dominating golf we saw in 2000. 4 straight majors. Not 4 straight seconds or top tens. 4 straight wins. That was inicredible. I'm starting to appreciate it more now that PM is having so much trouble winning his second.
    Tiger certainly has the skill to get it back. It's not like the other golfers got tremendously better, Tiger's stats have shown that he has fallen off, especially in Sunday scoring. When he decides to pick his game up, and do what he needs to do to get it back, he will be making the awesome shots that he made every tournament. Like when he's in a spot and the announcers are saying that he has to do "this", and he does some remarkable shot that no-one is supposed to be able to do. I appreciate and applaude his skill. What I don't need to see is what happened yesterday, good drive in the fairway, pulls his apprach left and drops the club from his finishing position. Lose the theatrics. Instead, just bear down and do what he did, pitch out of the fescue and save birdie!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Farzin
    The only relation I see between Pigs and Golf is being a golf pig. There you got it Colby.
    Oink, oink...

But it's about to slow down. Work looks like it's about to pick up :cryin
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Farzin
    What about the reporter asking Ben Curtis about his father and his Pig business. And he wanted to know about Ben being involved with raising pig. My question is what the heck is the matter with you reporters, The guy is there to defend his championship, he is not there to talk about pigs and auctioning them. Although Ben was very polite about it and he kept on saying that he learned a lot from meeting his father business partners, But how far do these reporters have to go to make a story.?
    What else is there to talk about with Ben Curtis? It's not like he's tearing up the tour or anything... Pigs are just as interesting as anything else I suppose....

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    What else is there to talk about with Ben Curtis? It's not like he's tearing up the tour or anything... Pigs are just as interesting as anything else I suppose....

Dan
    He could have asked Like: What did you have on your pants when you won the open championships or being more polite, What the heck where you thinking when you won the open?

guyinottawa
    I don't dislike Tiger but I'm sick of hearing about him on TV and in every magazine article that is written about golf. I understand he has changed the game, but really, does everything have to come back to him? Was it like that when Gretzky was in his prime or Micheal Jordon? Just curious - I was too young to really notice....

Quote Originally Posted by guyinottawa
    I don't dislike Tiger but I'm sick of hearing about him on TV and in every magazine article that is written about golf. I understand he has changed the game, but really, does everything have to come back to him? Was it like that when Gretzky was in his prime or Micheal Jordon? Just curious - I was too young to really notice....
    Gretzky not so much, which was in part due to the most solid generation of hockey players ever and the fact that Americans don't really watch hockey. Jordan was EVERYWHERE when he was in his prime. Absolutely every story about basketball, every reference to sports in general, somehow tied in with Jordan. It was really freakin' annoying if you don't like basketball.

Dan

5 Wood golfmania is on a distinguished road
    As a Tiger fan, I hope to see him back in his game.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    His passion is definitely back this weekend, should be a fun 4th round to watch on Sunday.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    He does have some zing to his game today. He might do well tomorow but who knows with his game this year. Just when you think he might do better he fizzles out like the rest have and will do at times.

I did see him do a walking fist pump today. Not the drive-it-in-there kind but a little one nevertheless.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

That's really bad news. If he's on his game, people will want to snap some pictures, and we all know what happens then!!!!

Dan

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Nudge, nudge, know what I mean...

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Bah. Look no further.

Last year a friend of mine upgraded from Girlfriend 4.0 to Wife 1.0 and found it's a memory hog leaving few system resources for other applications. He is also now noticing that Wife 1.0 is also spawning child-Processes which are further consuming valuable resources.

No mention of this particular phenomenon was included in the product documentation, though other users have informed me that this is to be expected due to the nature of the application.

Not only that, Wife 1.0 installs itself so that it is always launched at system initialization where it can monitor all other system activity. Some applications such as PokerNite 10.3, Bachelor Party 2.5, and PubNite 7.0 are no longer able to run in the system at all, causing the system to lockup when launched (even though these apps worked fine before).

Wife 1.0 provides no installation options. Thus, the installation of undesired plug-ins such as Mother-In-Law 55.8 and the Brother-In- Law Beta is unavoidable. Also, system performance seems to diminish with each passing day.

Some features my friend would like to see in the upcoming Wife 2.0:
    * A "Don't Remind Me Again" button
    * Minimize button
    An install shield feature that allows Wife 2.0 to be installed with the option of uninstalling at any time without loss of Cache and other system resources.

I myself wish I had decided to avoid all of the headaches associated with Wife 1.0 by sticking with Girlfriend 3.0. Even here, however, I had found many problems. Apparently you cannot install Girlfriend 4.0 on top of Girlfriend 3.0. You must uninstall Girlfriend 3.0 first, otherwise the two versions of Girlfriend will have conflicts over shared use of the I/O Port. Other users have told me that this is a longstanding problem that I should have been aware of.

To make matters worse, the uninstall program for Girlfriend 3.0 doesn't work very well, leaving undesirable tracers of the application in the system. Another identified problem is that all versions of Girlfriend continually pop up annoying little messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0.

Bug Warning
    All users should be aware that Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then for some reason Mistress 1.1 won't install at all, claiming insufficient resources. To avoid the aforementioned bug, try installing Mistress 1.1 on a different system and never run any file transfer applications (such as LapLink) between the two systems.

Additional comments from another friend
    A minimise button is a good idea provided that Wife 1.0 doesn't consume system resources in the background and that there are no side-effects when Wife 1.0 is restored to its normal size. A maximise button is a BAD idea. The dial-up facility of Wife 1.0 is ill-conceived since it allows remote monitoring. All versions of Girlfriend also have this facility which is used with reduced frequency as newer versions of Girlfriend become available for evaluation for future upgrade

Now that's a thread jack! hahahahahaha
    Colby

Thread Information