100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar

Golf Show details?

Any go yet? News?

Thanks in advance.

4 Iron Hardcore is on a distinguished road
    I went. Was decent (but my first time so I have little to compare it to). A lot of two for one green fee coupons from local courses, most that have to be used by the beginning of June. Equipment reps, travel reps, that kind of thing. I didn't pay too much attention to the pros giving talks because I just had a lesson last week with Jay Prince at Kevin Haime and don't want to get confused!

Worth the $14 admission fee, I'd say.

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    If you're comparing it to past golf shows (this is my third year going), it didn't quite measure up.

The biggest reason I loved going to the golf show was those 4 free rounds you got just for showing up. The only free thing you got this year was a sleeve of top flite golf balls. I know for $14 you shouldn't expect free golf but they really set expectations high in the past (and I believe it was cheaper then too).

I also found that there were less "2 for 1" / "4 for 3" coupons going around too. It used to be that almost every single booth there had some. This year, I went to all of the Quebec and Ontario booths and I think I only got 3 or 4. Thankfully, Le Sorcier was one of the courses with 2 for 1 coupons as I intend to go there quite soon (anderson/cloverdale/emeralsd links was another).

One thing I was happy with was that the golf store had Srixxon Z-star balls. I was given a sleeve last year by a friend and absolutely loved their feel. Since then, I'd been trying to find some. I got them for $39 (they're normally about $50) and paid cash. The lineup to pay was quite slow moving (mostly due to people paying interact or credit and there being those wireless debit machines), so I'd recommend taking money with you (you can help speed up things for everyone).

Despite it not necessarily being the same event it was in the past, it's still worth $14. You get "2 for 1"s to pretty accessible courses. You get golf balls. You get to take swing while possibly getting instructions from a pro. You can also watch seminars.
    Last edited by Leejanzen; 03-27-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    Was there this morning. Wasn't bad. Although of the years Ive gone before this was the weakest. Lots of 2 for 1's (mostly weekday only). Grand Prize was pretty cool. With the lack of free rounds given out I would say not really worth it unless you can get out golfing on weekdays before the end of May. IMO.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    what type of balls were they giving out?

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    what type of balls were they giving out?
    Top Flight XL5000 superlong. Nothing much was given out. At least from what I noticed.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    The hyllight of the show was meeting Golfchick from Equinelle golf club.Every year I say to myself i am not going but i still go.Its nice to see everyone smilling and happy that the season is starting.A few 2 for ones,Smugglers Glenn( free pass,pay only cart),Equinelle,witch we are dying to try,Le Sorcier.Got 2 free Srixon Tri-Speed Tour balls at the Cleveland stand,great service by the rep.I think it was worth the 14.00.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    She's the one that drives the infinity! Ya i want to meet her too for an SUV review lol.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    I thought it was a lot bigger then last years ,free round at smugglers ,my buddy won a draw for greenfees and carts at smugglers good any time ,got new winn light grips at golftown asked to match golfworks price no problem ,Equinel was giving away 2 for 1 as was Anderson links talked to Jim Sheridan one of the best greenskeepers around

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar

Greensmere

Was unable to go due to homeshow and Direct Buy commitment. Anyone find out what the new names are for the two Greensmere courses?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Hi Steve, the course are named "Premiere" for the original 18 and "Legacy" for the new 18

Hybrid Gary Madore is on a distinguished road
    Worth the $14 for sure.

I went with the hope of scoring a nice 3-wheeler but there were only a couple of Bag Boys there "on sale" for $150 - you know the ones where you have to pay an extra $20 if you want an umbrella holder, etc.

My friend scored a really nice Ogio bag - reg $200 and she paid $98.

I bought 6 dozen NXTs for $60 - not bad!

I'd go again, but wouldn't pass up a day of golfing for it

Cheers!

Gary

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Greensmere

Gerry, i was told the Legacy was named after the owner,am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Hi Steve, the course are named "Premiere" for the original 18 and "Legacy" for the new 18

Here is what was said about the names for the two Greensmere courses.

"We wanted the names to have some meaning relating to John and these most certainly do. The original course was the first course started on the property. Premiere – the first performance of a play; and the new course is definitely his Legacy – a gift left by will, handed down by predecessor."

Nice to know Gerry.Are you back from Florida yet? We were told by the young man at the booth that you were gonna be there this afternoon.He actually rememberd Denyse and I playing with you last year.What a memory.

Lob Wedge golfchick09 is on a distinguished road golfchick09's Avatar
    From an exhibitor point of view, it was great to meet a few from the forum. Traffic in the afternoon was steady but not jambed. Lots of people interested in coming out and playing eQuinelle and a few that were serious about Living the life in an Urbandale home on the course. More 2 for 1 passes tomorrow and if you tell me you are from the forum, I got some free passes. Good until June 30. Sorry Marco, I would have gave those to you but I did not get them until later in the day.

Darn golfchick, I'd be there but will be driving back from Florida. I hope to get a round in there this year.

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

Headed up there on Sunday morning.

I wanted to head up there this morning, but my son had gymnastic..I hope they still have a free club for the juniors, as he was excited to get one.
    Anyone know if they are still giving them away?
    And no Nike rep/demo's there?
    Bite, Bite!

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road
    2 for 1's etc....

free 4 some at Carling lake
    2 for 1 at Emerald Links, Anderson or Cloverdale with a cart puchase
    2 for 1 at Mont Cascades
    2 for 1 at Le Sourcier and or Touraine
    2 for 1 at Equinelle
    free round at Smugglers with cart purchase
    Lots of free balls with all the little putting contests etc. (my son won 3 sleeves. me 0)
    HEre was my huge selling point, my son received a brand new Taylor Made R7 sandwedge with his free entry!!!!

All in all, well worth the $14 I paid for the 2 of us.

It was great to see all the familiar faces aswell.

to each there own, but I thought this was better than past venues!! ( the free wedge helps! )

lots of trip offers down south as well, Myrtle and N.C. golf packages!

Enjoy if you go!
    THUNDER

Hybrid Gary Madore is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfchick09 View Post
    and if you tell me you are from the forum, I got some free passes
    NOW you tell me!

(grin)

Cheers!

Gary

Alfie83
    My best score today was definitely the free passes for Smugglers (pay $16/pp for carts) only valid until May 12 and can't be used on Fri/Sat.

Haven't played Smugglers in over 3 years back when I used to live in Kingston.

I would say it's worth the drive for anyone living in Ottawa.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfchick09 View Post
    From an exhibitor point of view, it was great to meet a few from the forum. Traffic in the afternoon was steady but not jambed. Lots of people interested in coming out and playing eQuinelle and a few that were serious about Living the life in an Urbandale home on the course. More 2 for 1 passes tomorrow and if you tell me you are from the forum, I got some free passes. Good until June 30. Sorry Marco, I would have gave those to you but I did not get them until later in the day.
    Ah I forgot to get my dad the redbook, so maybe I will come back and see you as well !!! hehe !!

1 Iron kekchose12 is on a distinguished road
    Same experience as Thunder, my youngest got a free Taylor Made Sandwedge + a couple of sleeves and I got a few 2 for 1.
    Note that if you go to the golf show web site you can print a twilight rate 2 for 1 coupon valid after 3pm.
    http://www.ottawagatineaugolfexpo.ca/main.shtml?Tickets

I used mine yesterday so overall, the show was well worth the $7

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post

Thanks Gerry. Can't wait to play them this spring!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    Thanks Gerry. Can't wait to play them this spring!
    Considering the history of Greensmere, the choices of Premiere and Legacy are perfect names and will be a daily reminder of John's vision. Too bad that he could not be around to see the completion of the project.

Thread Information