CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

What's the furthest you've driven for one round of golf?

Curious to see where the limit is for some of our hardcore members here. For just ONE round of golf, so driving to Floriday for three rounds for example doesn't count.

Myself it was a drive to Belleville to golf with Frank.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hybrid chris_woods is on a distinguished road chris_woods's Avatar
    Golf 2000 a bit past Montreal.
    Last edited by chris_woods; 03-25-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    PEI to Nova Scotia. About 4 hours of driving, not including the hour on the ferry (back in the days before the bridge).

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Well, I drove all the way from Victoria to Golden, BC (close to the Alberta border) to play one round at the Golden Golf Club. Now, technically, I was driving from Victoria back to Ottawa after university, but its gotta count for something.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Shawville to Granby St-Paul. & It was a big corporate tournament (6 hour round) plus dinner. I think it was around 3am when I got home. loooong day.
    Andrew

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    En-Joie GC. Endicott, NY

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Royal Laurentian in Tremblant.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I'm pretty new to this...Dragonfly for an NCGT event.

However, I am keen to play some courses around Montreal this year

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Drove to Sarnia one year, only because they were open around March 15th or so.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

3 Wood Slicer&Dicer is on a distinguished road
    I have one but it wasn't just one round but two rounds in one day.

Several years ago, a friend and I left Ottawa around 3 or 4 AM (I think it was 3 ish), drove east down through Algonquin Park to the Muskoka region and met up with another friend vacationing down there.

My friend had connections with Clublink in that area.

We started round one in the morning at Clublink's Grandview course around 8 ish or so. We had carts, so it wasn't too bad but took a while to warm up, played all 18 holes, finished around lunch time.

After a short lunch we headed over to CLublink's Rocky crest course and had carts again. Started around say 1:30 or 2 pm, played 18 holes, just finished before dark, then went to supper.

Had a very nice supper and then we headed back to Ottawa.

I think I arrived home around 3 or 4 AM, so it was about 24 hrs straight for two rounds in one day.

Come to think of it, we didn't pay for the golf or carts and my friends bought me supper, so I had a blast for free.

That was definitely one of my craziest golf days ever with a couple of great buddies.
    Last edited by Slicer&Dicer; 03-25-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    That's an easy one, Pittsburgh to Le Sorcier in 12 hours, stopped for breakfast. That was one wet course but a lot of fun to play. A day of traveling for a round of golf........I think it was worth it

Albatross bobjones59 is on a distinguished road bobjones59's Avatar
    Toronto to Ottawa. Got a buddy in a band and whenever he's semi-close to Ottawa we are hardcore and ALWAYS get a game in, very competitive rivalry we've got going on with absolutely the best trash talk ever. Last summer his band was playing in Toronto so my wife and I drove down to catch the show on the Friday night. After a long night of boozing and maybe an hour of sleep we left downtown Toronto at 5am. After a stop at Timmy's we hauled ass for a 10:30am tee-off at Eagle Creek. My wife got to sleep in and come to Ottawa on the tour bus as the guys had a show in Ottawa on the Sat. night. If he comes to town in the winter time, we continue our rivalry at the GolfOMax. When I go down to the US to visit him we golf EVERY day I'm there. We even golfed the morning of his wedding day in Maine. We have never yet missed a year where we havn't played against each other at least twice.
    If you're not wasted...the day is!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Years ago when my wife and the girls were summering with her parents, I would occasionally skip away for a game of golf. The two furthest drives, within a 24 hour period, were the drive from Sackville, NB to Augusta, Maine to tee off with my dad at 7 a.m. on a Friday morning at the Natanis Golf Course. That 400 mile trip took less than 6 hours to drive on the way down, but that's another subject. We played golf, I had lunch with mom and dad, and returned to Sackville. I didn't remain in Augusta for the weekend, because I was teeing off in a tournament on Saturday morning in Amherst, Nova Scotia.

The other long day was a 230 mile jaunt from Halifax to the Links at Crowbush Cove in PEI. For that trip, we left Halifax at 5:30 in the morning, teed off around lunch time, and were back in Halifax around midnight.

Compared to those two trips, a day trip to Syracuse from Ottawa to golf was mere child's play!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

You're even crazier than I am!

Glad to see that you're still alive and kicking, Frank. No doubt you're game will be in fine shape this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    That's an easy one, Pittsburgh to Le Sorcier in 12 hours, stopped for breakfast. That was one wet course but a lot of fun to play. A day of traveling for a round of golf........I think it was worth it
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Ottawa to St Hyacinthe a few times last summer. Golfed there because my dog was getting vet service that took 4+ hours.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    drove from Ottawa to north of Toronto to play Nobleton Lakes with some friends in an annual tourney he has.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Ottawa to Bloomfiled Hills Michigan.. 12 hrs... played Shepherds Hollow.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer&Dicer View Post
    I have one but it wasn't just one round but two rounds in one day.

Several years ago, a friend and I left Ottawa around 3 or 4 AM (I think it was 3 ish), drove east down through Algonquin Park to the Muskoka region and met up with another friend vacationing down there.

My friend had connections with Clublink in that area.

We started round one in the morning at Clublink's Grandview course around 8 ish or so. We had carts, so it wasn't too bad but took a while to warm up, played all 18 holes, finished around lunch time.

After a short lunch we headed over to CLublink's Rocky crest course and had carts again. Started around say 1:30 or 2 pm, played 18 holes, just finished before dark, then went to supper.

Had a very nice supper and then we headed back to Ottawa.

I think I arrived home around 3 or 4 AM, so it was about 24 hrs straight for two rounds in one day.

Come to think of it, we didn't pay for the golf or carts and my friends bought me supper, so I had a blast for free.

That was definitely one of my craziest golf days ever with a couple of great buddies.
    I did the exact same trip last year, but I was back home for 9pm.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Ottawa to Niagara falls to play Thundering Waters, they had adjusted the tee boxes which shortened the course considerably, we were disappointed to say the least. We wanted to play from the Daly tips
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

3 Iron Goshawk is on a distinguished road Goshawk's Avatar
    Couple of years ago, drove from Toronto to play Cedar Hill with Geoff, but he didn't show! (he couldn't get off from work) I played anyway and enjoyed the round.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
    Couple of years ago, drove from Toronto to play Cedar Hill with Geoff, but he didn't show! (he couldn't get off from work) I played anyway and enjoyed the round.
    That wins furthest drive to get stood up! lol
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

3 Iron Goshawk is on a distinguished road Goshawk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    That wins furthest drive to get stood up! lol
    Maybe, but it wasn't Geoff's fault though. Something about someone else at work going to the doctor's or something like that. Just yanking his chain a bit since he just had a b-day!!

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    My buddy and I are planning a trip of playing all of the Northern Ontario public golf courses pretty soon in the next few years (we both have family all over the north). My guess some of those courses will be the longest drives I've ever gone on to golf. I know it kind of sounds stupid, but we're far from rich and Norther Ontario golf is cheap ($0.75-$1.50/hole). We also have lots of places to stay.

Right now, the farthest I've gone to play a course is to the Highlands (for my free round last year) from Hull.

Good luck driving to the Sioux Lookout golf course, which I have played. That will be a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Leejanzen View Post
    My buddy and I are planning a trip of playing all of the Northern Ontario public golf courses pretty soon in the next few years (we both have family all over the north)...

That doesn't count. Golfing with Frank is such a pleasure that the time it takes to get to the course, how ever long, is a non-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    ... Myself it was a drive to Belleville to golf with Frank.

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    My wife and I drove from Calgary to Dawson Creek, BC to play golf with our son. 10 hour drive.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    That doesn't count. Golfing with Frank is such a pleasure that the time it takes to get to the course, how ever long, is a non-factor.
    ......ahem!!! sounds like someone wants to fatten up his change purse at my expense . It's always worth a couple of loons to get to play a round of golf with you Mike . Good thing I win a C.T.P. to recoup my losses and get a little interest on my expenditures .

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leejanzen View Post
    My buddy and I are planning a trip of playing all of the Northern Ontario public golf courses pretty soon in the next few years (we both have family all over the north). My guess some of those courses will be the longest drives I've ever gone on to golf. I know it kind of sounds stupid, but we're far from rich and Norther Ontario golf is cheap ($0.75-$1.50/hole). We also have lots of places to stay.

Right now, the farthest I've gone to play a course is to the Highlands (for my free round last year) from Hull.
    Hey LMK when you come by Kirkland Lake... If you come up by the Quebec side you should play in Val D'Or (Belvedere). It is a really nice course...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I once drove through a snowstorm in January to Rochester to hit balls at an outdoor range for an hour with two fellow members of the Golf Equipment Afficionados forum.
    I-81 was closed due to the storm but I was in a 4X4 so I drove right by the troopers who were waving motorists off the highway. My buddies could not believe it when I showed up at the range.
    Unfortunately the outdoor heaters were not working that day and it was -20. As well there was about a 50 mph wind blowing sideways so everything we hit was a wicked slice. I still have the winter golf gloves I purchased from the pro shop
    After about an hour of hitting balls we had a bite to eat and I headed back to Hawkesbury through the same snow storm. A transport truck had caught fire on the 1,000 Islands bridge just before I got there so I had to sleep a few hours in my Murano before I and hundreds of other weary motorists were re-routed back through U.S. Customs (who insisted on checking everyone as if we were just coming over from Canada) and over to the bridge in Ogdensburg.
    So a total of 19 hours on the road to hit balls for half an hour at an outdoor range in a snowstorm...
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I played one round in Port Douglas, Australia on my trip there in 2003. Does that count?

Thread Information