CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge Vulcan is on a distinguished road

Customer Service...

A constant theme to many discussions here is Customer Service. Whether it be at the course or in a store, everybody seems to run into problems.

It is an unfortunate problem but as some people have mentioned, if possible, speak to management about the problems instead of completely boycotting the busienss itself.

Most employees that you deal with are part-time seasonal workers getting paid less than $10 per hour. They are collecting a paycheque and that's about it. They do not take pride in their jobs because it is only short term. Their income won't change based on the performance and it shows.

Don't get me wrong here. There are some great employees who do enjoy their work and work hard. There just aren't enough. High salaries and incentives might make people work harder but our costs would increase respectively. If CB's paid all their employees double their current hourly wage, an R7 might cost $1200 instead.

Speak to the owners. Make sure they are aware of the problem employees. If you simply shop elsewhere, the problem won't go away. Eventually you will run out of stores to shop at because every place will have a few bad apples.

Andru
    Point taken.

This is certainly a much more mature approach to a problem. Sometimes out of anger people say things they probably won't commit to over the long haul.

When it's all said and done and you eventually go back to your favourite spot, the offender is no longer there or they're having a better day and they feel better.

I do think it's also the resposibility of the owner/manager to make sure CS is top of mind. I've worked for small retail stores before and it always starts from the top. It was stamped into my brain. "The Customer is always right" it doesn't mean they're always correct though. But there's a way to communicate with people to make them feel as as though they are right. Right may just be....

"You're right to feel this way and I understand why you feel this way".

And to be honest this is coming from a former idiot who almost started a fight in the store I worked. The guy ended up being a pretty good friend and customer when it all played out. Wow silly days at the car audio shop.

Giving someone a way out of a situation without looking like a complete knob is the best way to keep customers. IMHO.

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan
    A constant theme to many discussions here is Customer Service. Whether it be at the course or in a store, everybody seems to run into problems.

It is an unfortunate problem but as some people have mentioned, if possible, speak to management about the problems instead of completely boycotting the busienss itself.

Most employees that you deal with are part-time seasonal workers getting paid less than $10 per hour. They are collecting a paycheque and that's about it. They do not take pride in their jobs because it is only short term. Their income won't change based on the performance and it shows.

Don't get me wrong here. There are some great employees who do enjoy their work and work hard. There just aren't enough. High salaries and incentives might make people work harder but our costs would increase respectively. If CB's paid all their employees double their current hourly wage, an R7 might cost $1200 instead.

Speak to the owners. Make sure they are aware of the problem employees. If you simply shop elsewhere, the problem won't go away. Eventually you will run out of stores to shop at because every place will have a few bad apples.

Couldn't agree more!!........I saw on some threads that problems with marshalls had come up at Emerald Links and that the player would not go back......shame, because it is a beautiful course and if you were to talk to the owner you would find out what the definition of a gentleman is.......you may/may not win your point but you would be treated with respect.

Thread Information