100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: London, UK

Pitching Wedge leftyunderpar is on a distinguished road leftyunderpar's Avatar

London, UK

Has anyone golfed around London? Or more specifically Wimbledon? I'm moving there for this summer for 3 years and will be looking to join a club. Any first-hand info would be great.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Wimbledon is a town of two halves...there is Wimbledon itself, and then what they call Wimbledon Village (very posh). Right next to this is a HUGE area of ancient parkland called Wimbledon Common (very famous).

On Wimbledon Common is a very famous and old Golf Course called, (appropriately enough) Wimbledon Common Golf Club. I think it is a private members club that takes visitors and may well be worth checking it out. I've seen the course but never played it, I'm from the other side, East London.

Wimbledon is also a great location because its right on the ouskirts of London with easy access into Surrey and surrounding areas where there are tons of courses.

I can check with some of my mates back home and see if they have any recommendations....you'll have a great time

cheers
    Paul

Thanks for the info, I've been on Wimbledon Common's site. ( http://www.wcgc.co.uk/ ) It is relatively inexpensive, I'll have to check it out.

There is also Wimbledon Park which appears nice, but likely pricey.
    http://www.wpgc.co.uk/main/index.php

There also appears to be a bunch of affialiated clubs similar to clublink, but of course there is no pricing online. Below is one of them, and you appear to get access to 32 clubs.
    http://www.hamptoncourtgolf.co.uk/showpage.asp?p=352

If you could bug your mates for any info that would be great.

Thanks.

5 Wood Dan_0 is on a distinguished road Dan_0's Avatar
    pedham place southeast of london is nice. fairly cheap. good links type course. I broke 80 there for the first time.

Well I'm getting settled in London and of course I had to join a club, Drift Golf club, http://www.driftgolfclub.com/ It's a challenging course in that every hole is tree lined so there is no forgiveness! I'm planning to play all winter, sorry Ottawans, so hopefully my game will return to form by the summer!

Scratch Player kilmidyke is on a distinguished road kilmidyke's Avatar
    Golf all year round....thats the one thing I miss about Blighty! Well, ok 2 things...the other being a pint of Flowers India Pale Ale! lol

The course looks good, I'm sure you'll have fun.

Thread Information