CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron infinity13 is on a distinguished road infinity13's Avatar

Getting Irons Fitted

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost to get the lie adjusted on my irons (3-PW) I think I would need the irons brought to standard lie (they are currently 1 degree up) I had my swing looked at once and the employee at golf town looking at me with a standard club and told me 1 degree up would probably be good. After getting more into golf I realize that this is not the best way to get fit...... I would like to stick with my current Irons, just get the lie adjusted.

Thanks

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road

lie adjusted

30 bucks to get them adjusted at Kevin Haimes. If they are forged then you will be able to bend them with ease, if they are cast you may be limited to bending them only a couple of degrees either way. Golftown also does bending as do a few of the lads on this site (not sure which ones or I would point you in their direction). To get an accurate measure you need to hit some shots of a lie board with tape on the bottom. If the impact mark is towards the toe they need to be more upright and if the marks are towards the heel then they need to be bent more flat.

Hope this helps

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    If you a memeber of Executive golf it may cost you less to go to Golfworks and have them adjusted there since EG members get a discount
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Fairway Junkie calleygolf is on a distinguished road
    "If the impact mark is towards the toe they need to be more upright and if the marks are towards the heel then they need to be bent more flat."

Not an intirely true statement, if you're swing is over the top the lie tape will always indicate a need to bend more upright, when infact it is a poor swing. Adjusting will help fix, but not cure.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    If you a memeber of Executive golf it may cost you less to go to Golfworks and have them adjusted there since EG members get a discount
    Maxx Fit Golf offers the same discount for Corporate golf members

Thread Information