CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road

you never know what you have until...

Today, I visited a range on the East end (the one on Ines road) for the first time and it was sad... no only my golf was t-e-r-r-r-i-b-l-e but the balls and mats are due for replacement badly. Is that always the case there?

I practice mostly at 19th and I always taught that it was the lower end but now I think is not that bad.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 314314 View Post
    I practice mostly at 19th and I always taught that it was the lower end but now I think is not that bad.
    It may not be like the range at the Hunt Club but it's still very good. Acres of room, reasonable pitching area, balls are fine and perhaps most importantly, they appreciate your business.

Pitching Wedge Pacigy is on a distinguished road
    The ranges in Orleans are terrible in my opinion.

At the Innes golf centre you're hitting off a farmers field, but at least it's cheap

And at the Golf Academy on St.Joseph...well hopefully it'll be open sometime in June
    Mat
    Twitter: @matpaciga

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Limited flight balls, not by design but by age and condition, are the norm at the range in Kanata near Thunderbird. Stopped by there on Friday when Haime's was packed. Happy to be able to hit balls outdoors this time of year, and it was nice to have the range to myself. While I hit nothing stronger than a five iron, I couldn't hit it past the 150 - normally a 5-iron for me is 185ish.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    At Haime's, when it's crowded, their staffs will take your name down and pratol the mats and will let you know the next available spots are opened. They'll even remind patrons of their retricted flight range balls and expect certain distance loss. Pretty efficiently run facility..

5 Wood parbreaker04 is on a distinguished road

Range

I find your post strange, I was there last week I hit balls on grass, half the balls were new and some were older. I had no problem, maybe the fact you had a poor ball striking day your blaming the range.
    I take exception to the tone of some of the golfers on this site. You seem to forget you were hitting balls outside in mid-March without a coat on, that in it self should have been enough, and if you can't hit the ball, contact one of the many fine local golf professionals in Ottawa and they will get your game back on track.
    Adams clubs work for me!!!!!!!!!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    i agree with parbreakers. dont complain, otherwise mother nature will make it snow.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    now you did it...10cm of snow this Sunday

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    now you did it...10cm of snow this Sunday
    I wouldn't put too much faith into the weather man this time of year. We were suppose to have 5-10 cm on Wednesday and it looks like that's been changed too. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I find most of the ranges in Ottawa to be sorrily lacking in an decent facilities, especially in the south end. It's like they haven't changed a thing in 20 years.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I was not looking to blame anybody, I was asking if the mats and balls are always that bad there. However, now that you mentioned, perhaps seen the condition of the mats and balls set the tone... downhill from the start...

Quote Originally Posted by parbreaker04 View Post
    I find your post strange, I was there last week I hit balls on grass, half the balls were new and some were older. I had no problem, maybe the fact you had a poor ball striking day your blaming the range.
    I take exception to the tone of some of the golfers on this site. You seem to forget you were hitting balls outside in mid-March without a coat on, that in it self should have been enough, and if you can't hit the ball, contact one of the many fine local golf professionals in Ottawa and they will get your game back on track.

Thread Information