100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    Played Cascade yesterday. Course was in great shape. Dry and fairways have grown in already. Greens where in great shape as well, but a little slow. Well worth the trip. 2 for 1s from the golf show helped as well ($40 with cart).

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Played at Loch March yesterday. The course is in very good shape for this time of year and much dryer than I would have expected. The greens were pretty much perfect. Some of the fairways have some light winter kill but nothing that impacts playability.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Played Sorcier yesterday and it's in good shape but getting overly dry and hard already. There were some ridiculous bounces on a few greens.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Played Mt-Ste-Marie on Sunday and it was in pretty good shape, greens would have been perfect if they had been cut. Some yahoos had fun on 4,5,6 greens with carts leaving large 360 tracks that require extensive repairs. I also learned that there are new owners, not sure if it is related but we were one of only 3 groups on the course from 9-12:30, on a beautiful day. Kinda strange.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Birdie Eagle_Hunter is on a distinguished road Eagle_Hunter's Avatar
    [QUOTE=leftylucas;356078]Played Mt-Ste-Marie on Sunday and it was in pretty good shape, greens would have been perfect if they had been cut. Some yahoos had fun on 4,5,6 greens with carts leaving large 360 tracks that require extensive repairs. QUOTE]

And I bet the person that was doing it wears a helmet
    Just another lefty....

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    It was obvious that it occured on a wet day as there were tracks on the outside of the greens as well. Yahoos for sure, what I found odd is that the greenskeeper decided to patch instead of reseed altogether, but hey what do I know.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Anyone play Equinnelle or Arnprior recently?

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    meadows and (exhale, inhale) loch march
    clever
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Anyone know anything about Cedar Glen? Or played there before?

I was looking for a good forecast tomorrow since my buddy has the day off and found this course on my RM membership. It's suppose to be 9 degrees and sunny. Only 20% chance of precipitation. Every other place I have checked it is cooler and chance of snow/rain.

Cheers,
    Just another lefty....

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolik View Post
    Played there today. Don't bother for another couple of weeks. Greens bumpy, fairways wet, plenty of standing water. Temp green on #8 (old #17).
    Played Kingsway yesterday (what a beautiful day). First thing, they have switched 9's. (Not sure how this works but they have not updated skycaddie, you need to be sure to start your round on 10).
    Greens have smoothed out very nicely, only slightly noticable marks from aeration, not bumpy at all. Not enough to hinder good roll. If anything the greens are too firm. The few greens I was able to hit from a distance barely left a ball mark to repair. #17 (I mean #8) still using temp (old) green.
    Fairways were dry but still a little thin/patchy in spots (not many). No standing water noticed anywhere. Only soggy spot was front right of green on #7 (I mean #16).
    All in all an enjoyable day. 4 hr 15 min round, cold refreshments waiting at the end and even a little sunburn for our troubles. Not bad for April.

6 Iron cobra is on a distinguished road cobra's Avatar

Equinelle

Played Equinelle on Saturday and it was in decent condition. The greens has a lot of sand on them so they were very slow. The putting green is open and aparently the driving range/practice are will be open soon. This will be one of the top tracks in the area.

Sand Wedge bulldogger75 is on a distinguished road

Cloverdale Links and Outaouais

Hi Guys,
    I was just wondering if anybody has had the chance to play Cloverdale or Outaouais yet this season?

Kind regards,

Jason

Gap Wedge dirt magnet is on a distinguished road
    Played Renfrew this weekend on the advice of another forum poster. It was fantastic. What a fun course. Can't wait to play it again in peak season when the conditions are perfect. I found it a touch dry this weekend and the fairways a bit hard in spots. The greens like many others were quite nice though and the gophers were abundant. All in all really impressed with the layout and the challenge of this courses varied terrain. If anyone here hasn't played it yet, I recommend it.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Just came back from the most beautifull course in Eastern Ontario,Smugglers Glenn.What can I say.
    Breathtaking every hole,great conditions,well worth the 2 hour ride from our place.This is the second time we played it and it was even better this time as I took the time to look around.Top 3 in my books.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Thumbs up Metcalfe

Played the Ride & Dine on Monday nite. Cannot believe the conditions. Only a very small dead spot on one of the greens, greens hard and rolling well. I hit a very high ball and could not find any ball marks on the greens. Lots of bounce and roll on the fairways ala Pineview after a drought. Fairways lush and well cut. Rough was lush as well and trouble if you landed there. Only one or two fairways had an issue with dead spots but other than that very impressed for this time of year with a course that has traditionally had issues with water early. Looking forward to 18 there soon.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    Played Equinelle on Saturday and it was in decent condition. The greens has a lot of sand on them so they were very slow. The putting green is open and aparently the driving range/practice are will be open soon. This will be one of the top tracks in the area.
    how much are they charging this year?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    It was obvious that it occured on a wet day as there were tracks on the outside of the greens as well. Yahoos for sure, what I found odd is that the greenskeeper decided to patch instead of reseed altogether, but hey what do I know.
    This happened last fall, after the course was closed I think. Really sad.
    Andrew

Arnprior

Played yesterday, very windy but no snow/rain.

The course is in nice condition and is a very nice layout. Quite a bit of room of the tee and secluded holes. Very good experience.

Cheers,
    Just another lefty....

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Hunter View Post
    Played yesterday, very windy but no snow/rain.

The course is in nice condition and is a very nice layout. Quite a bit of room of the tee and secluded holes. Very good experience.

Cheers,
    You played yesterday?? Now that's commitment to golf :p

Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    You played yesterday?? Now that's commitment to golf :p

More of an obesession.

Arnprior was nice though. just a little windy and that made some holes chilly. On the first 9 we had the course to our selves but on the second 9 people were showing up. Beautiful course for RM members. $18!
    Just another lefty....

Timbuktu
    If you want to go back on the weekend, I'm up for Arnprior at $16 for CG.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Those are some nice deals, Im only getting $20 for Arnprior with EG. But yea, that course is definitely worth it.

Timbuktu
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    Those are some nice deals, Im only getting $20 for Arnprior with EG. But yea, that course is definitely worth it.
    I'm fairly certain CG has the cheapest rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
    If you want to go back on the weekend, I'm up for Arnprior at $16 for CG.

I will let you know as soon as I know if I can.

Micheal,
    Just another lefty....

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I know things get side-tracked easlily but please use the Arrange a Game forum (or PMs) for setting up games and Local Stuff for disussing the deals available. Let's try to keep this to discussing conditions as much as possible.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogger75 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I was just wondering if anybody has had the chance to play Cloverdale or Outaouais yet this season?

Kind regards,

Jason
    Cloverdale is in very good condition. The fairways were a tad dry (before the rain and snow), but the greens are fabulous!

Sand Wedge bulldogger75 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm heading there tomorrow morning. Let's hope it's not as windy as it was today lol.

Jason

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    FYI played Irish Hills today the course is what it is and in ok shape but they are top dressing their greens. Back nine and yellow course are already done. Just in case anyone was planning a round there this weekend.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    Played Smiths Falls today. Course is in mid summer condition. Greens were fast.

3 Wood 3putt is on a distinguished road 3putt's Avatar

Heritage

Anybody played Heritage?

Thread Information